Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Vince Dooley says losing Isaiah Crowell ‘best thing to happen’ for Bulldogs

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Looking a the UGA off the field issues very few are from smoking pot. How does the drug enforcement policy cause theft, dui, beating up a chick or flunking out of school? S

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 10 July 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Looking a the UGA off the field issues very few are from smoking pot. How does the drug enforcement policy cause theft, dui, beating up a chick or flunking out of school? S

Why don't you ever want to talk about ON the field issues? Too painful?

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 10 July 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Now that Crowell is gone, “That kind of thing will unite a team many times,” Dooley said. “Historically when things like this have happened in the past, they tend to have a unifying effect on teams. They go on to have an even better season than they were predicted to have.”

More of what I want to hear. Why didn't Vince run for office again? He would have been the 2nd democrat I would have voted for in my life. Good 'ole Zig Zag Zell being the 1st.

I DID vote against Zell for governor, which I regret, but for him for Senate. Then I moved to AL...

I read Zell Miller's book years ago, and I liked it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 10 July 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

I think that the NCAA should make a set number of suspensions and dismissal for all student athletes. All schools must follow it but they could make it a longer suspension or more severe if thats what the school wants.  http://www.columbiam...created-equally

I completely agree. Unfortunately our University President is a giant douchebag, and even if the NCAA set guidelines for suspensions and dismissals, Mike Adams would still set our rules higher, because he's a pompous ass.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tell you what. When you want to have a real discussion, come on back. Otherwise, take your trolling ass elsewhere.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 10 July 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

I completely agree. Unfortunately our University President is a giant douchebag, and even if the NCAA set guidelines for suspensions and dismissals, Mike Adams would still set our rules higher, because he's a pompous ass.

*Checks first to make sure no Gamecock is on "double-secret-Stephen-Garcia-probation*,  Yes the NCAA should set the guidelines
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Oh look, it's this guy again. Your team should be busy committing robberies at gun point, or even better pummeling one cop into a coma at a bar. Or maybe Tennessee is ready to give the delightful and outstanding citizen Janzen Jackson his 17th chance.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 10 July 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 10 July 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Oh look, it's this guy again. Your team should be busy committing robberies at gun point, or even better pummeling one cop into a coma at a bar. Or maybe Tennessee is ready to give the delightful and outstanding citizen Janzen Jackson his 17th chance.

They're too busy recruiting players that were convicted of raping their cousins with plunger sticks.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 10 July 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

They're too busy recruiting players that were convicted of raping their cousins with plunger sticks.

under age cousins**
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

1) Wrong
2) Cops are always nabbing UGA players on stupid shit (i.e. emerging from an alley on a scooter).  Take these out of the equation and the remaining off the field issues are about on par with or better than other schools.
3) I'm sure you're gonna come back with some ill-informed response, so I've said my bit.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
UK not screwing around with discipline, combined w/our affinity for recruiting high caliber guys (because we can't get the coddled 5*s) means you rarely hear of any of this type of stuff happening in Lexington.
Posted Image

TigerWalk

TigerWalk
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe the team is better off, but we'll see how it all turns out. The whole "We're better off without em" is pretty much the standard reaction for any team's players/fans whenever a big time player is lost to disciplinary issues.

View PostJoeGator, on 10 July 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Really the only schools who are super lenient with their athletes (or so it seems) are the Alabama and Mississippi schools.

Any team that's had Urban Meyer as their coach doesn't have any room to talk about other school's being lenient with player discipline. Muschamp does seem to be cleaning the place up from what I've seen though.

Edited by Miden, 10 July 2012 - 03:30 PM.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 10 July 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Yep because being 12 and being forced to hold a camera by someone much older than you is raping with a plunger. Goes hand in hand with the myth about UT players beating a cop. Its amazing what people are willing to believe on the interwebs. I goes fact checking is a lost art these days.

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 10 July 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Yep because being 12 and being forced to hold a camera by someone much older than you is raping with a plunger. Goes hand in hand with the myth about UT players beating a cop. Its amazing what people are willing to believe on the interwebs. I goes fact checking is a lost art these days.

Was the gas station heist a myth too?

Judas Priest

Judas Priest

The Painkiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 10 July 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Coming from Vince, a guy that would know. But I'm dying to know what his 1st choice of words was... Thug?

Probably "shithead."

Edited by Judas Priest, 10 July 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

"Jadeveon Clowney meets the Dabocats"

"What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
                                                                                                         - John Heisman