UGA fan responds to Cornelius Washington's reaction to Crowell dismissal - Page 3 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UGA fan responds to Cornelius Washington's reaction to Crowell dismissal

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 08 July 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

1. You're right. This shit isn't new. But, guess what; nobody would've known how stupid and entitled he was had the moron not felt the need to post it TO THE WORLD. Think Namath would've called a press conference to tell Bama fans, " :lanekiffin: you. You have no idea how hard my life is" ?

2. I care what these players do for my team. And shit like this affects my team, and my university. Do you really think, as a graduate, you won't be associated with the kind of people your school turns out? You've really never followed the careers of pros from your school, and celebrated their successes? Or lamented a lost season because of injury or ineligibility? C'mon, man. We give more of a shit BECAUSE they play football. It's one of the perks of being a big-time college athlete.
Think people in Auburn didn't feel pride when Bo Jackson was becoming one of the greatest two-sport athletes of our time, and horror and sympathy when injury ended his career?

The fact that some of these young men have this mentality that fans of their programs should just shut up and be thankful that they chose to grace a certain university with their presence regardless of the negative light cast on said university by their idiotic and illegal actions is ludicrous. And defending this mind-set will only perpetuate it.

He posted something TO THE WORLD after the world, in his eyes, took a dump on his buddy. Most of us would do the same. And no, we have no real investment beyond out own team's interest. The only reason I watch Sidney Rice on Sunday is because he was a Gamecock. The only reason I felt heart broken went Kenny McKinley killed himself was because I had watched him play on Saturday and had his jersey. Any number of people tragically killed themselves on that same day, but the majority of folks only heard about his case. That's not right, but our culture does it. But perhaps you'd like to tell me what the 2004 Arkansas right tackle is up to these days?

Again man, I'm saying both sides have merit and so does your post, but you can't tell me that the majority of fans care about the players after they stop being a part of the team, or in Bo's case, representing the team. George Rodgers will always be a part of the Gamecock family, but that's only because the Heisman winner says involved. The day he's not involved, he because largely irrelevant to most fans and will be mentioned only as 1 of the few things we have that Clemson doesn't.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 08 July 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

He posted something TO THE WORLD after the world, in his eyes, took a dump on his buddy. Most of us would do the same. And no, we have no real investment beyond out own team's interest. The only reason I watch Sidney Rice on Sunday is because he was a Gamecock. The only reason I felt heart broken went Kenny McKinley killed himself was because I had watched him play on Saturday and had his jersey. Any number of people tragically killed themselves on that same day, but the majority of folks only heard about his case. That's not right, but our culture does it. But perhaps you'd like to tell me what the 2004 Arkansas right tackle is up to these days?

Again man, I'm saying both sides have merit and so does your post, but you can't tell me that the majority of fans care about the players after they stop being a part of the team, or in Bo's case, representing the team. George Rodgers will always be a part of the Gamecock family, but that's only because the Heisman winner says involved. The day he's not involved, he because largely irrelevant to most fans and will be mentioned only as 1 of the few things we have that Clemson doesn't.

He defended his "buddy" after he was caught doing something stupid and illegal. I think it had more to do with trying to justify his own illegal stupidity than actually trying to be a stand-up guy. And I'll have to disagree with your assertion that we don't care about those no longer on the teams we follow. We simply lose touch. Just like friends who move away, or family members you see only a few times a decade. You can't realistically keep tabs on everybody you ever cared about.

And Zac Tubbs was our RT in 2004. He was an undrafted FA who went to the Bills and never played an NFL game. I think he may have been an All-American, but I remember him from being on the team with McFadden and Jones that lost to Wisky in the Cap-One.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 08 July 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

He defended his "buddy" after he was caught doing something stupid and illegal. I think it had more to do with trying to justify his own illegal stupidity than actually trying to be a stand-up guy.

GMAFB, dude. "His own illegal stupidity?" What the Posted Image does that even mean? Washington didn't do anything. Crowell was a teammate and a friend of his and he didn't like how some STUPID GEORGIA FANS went overboard on the internet, talking trash about someone they didn't know. Bobby Nettles is a PRIME example. Crowell never failed four or five drug tests, that was a load of horseshit made up by Nettles and it's contrived stuff like that which Washington was likely upset about.

And I'll have to disagree with your assertion that we don't care about those no longer on the teams we follow. We simply lose touch. Just like friends who move away, or family members you see only a few times a decade. You can't realistically keep tabs on everybody you ever cared about.

Exactly, because you don't care about them anymore.

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 July 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

neither do you.  You cant keep tabs on everyone.  you remember a select few that did something memorable to you personally but i couldnt call out Auburns roster 6 years ago and remember all the people.   You tend to remember the biggest winners and the biggest screw ups  and cant help but feel sorry they couldnt take advantage of the biggest opportunity of their life
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 July 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

GMAFB, dude. "His own illegal stupidity?" What the Posted Image does that even mean? Washington didn't do anything. Crowell was a teammate and a friend of his and he didn't like how some STUPID GEORGIA FANS went overboard on the internet, talking trash about someone they didn't know. Bobby Nettles is a PRIME example. Crowell never failed four or five drug tests, that was a load of horseshit made up by Nettles and it's contrived stuff like that which Washington was likely upset about.

Um, didn't Washington have a DUI? Is that not stupid and illegal? Of all people on this board, I would never have expected you to pick up the Richt line. And do you have to know Crowell to know what he did was stupid and worthy of the negative attention it was given? It's the behavior of someone used to having his bad behavior excused by a lacking homelife or a history of negative influences. In the real world, not everyone grows up with both parents or plenty of money. Not everyone lives in an affluent neighborhood. But everyone has a choice in what they want their life to be.

I'm somewhat puzzled by you, HNB. For someone who leans so far to the right, you certainly wear the garb of the enabler willingly enough...

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 08 July 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Um, didn't Washington have a DUI? Is that not stupid and illegal?

Of all people on this board, I would never have expected you to pick up the Richt line. And do you have to know Crowell to know what he did was stupid and worthy of the negative attention it was given? It's the behavior of someone used to having his bad behavior excused by a lacking homelife or a history of negative influences. In the real world, not everyone grows up with both parents or plenty of money. Not everyone lives in an affluent neighborhood. But everyone has a choice in what they want their life to be.

I'm somewhat puzzled by you, HNB. For someone who leans so far to the right, you certainly wear the garb of the enabler willingly enough...

Do you have reading comprehension issues? Not once have I ever defended what Crowell did or said it didn't deserve negative attention. Not ONCE. In fact, I criticized him as much as anybody.

And what exactly do you mean "the Richt line?" I guess next you're going to blame Richt.

I haven't made excuses for anybody. That doesn't make the "rant" that we're talking about any less stupid. It IS stupid, as is the person who posted it. One act of stupidity does not justify another.

I do love, however, how when something like this happens all the sudden everybody on the internet is a Posted Imageing Saint with a sterling youth beyond reproach. I'd love to see ol' Bobby's facebook posting history and let everyone pass judgment on everything he's ever said.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 08 July 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 July 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Do you have reading comprehension issues? Not once have I ever defended what Crowell did or said it didn't deserve negative attention. Not ONCE. In fact, I criticized him as much as anybody.

And what exactly do you mean "the Richt line?" I guess next you're going to blame Richt.

I haven't made excuses for anybody. That doesn't make the "rant" that we're talking about any less stupid. It IS stupid, as is the person who posted it. One act of stupidity does not justify another.

I do love, however, how when something like this happens all the sudden everybody on the internet is a Posted Imageing Saint with a sterling youth beyond reproach. I'd love to see ol' Bobby's facebook posting history and let everyone pass judgment on everything he's ever said.
I never said anything about a sterling youth beyond reproach. I simply stated that what Bobby said needed to be said. I didn't see anything stupid in it. Seems to me he was giving voice to the frustrations of a fan base that's grown tired of this mentality of being unapologetic little assholes with no regard or respect for anyone including themselves. They constantly Posted Image up, tweet or Facebook or post to some board about how they don't give a shit what anyone thinks about their Posted Image-up, and then find some sideways logic to justify their Posted Image-ups. And afterwards, there are people standing in line with guns drawn, ready to attack anyone who takes issue with the whole shitty mess and the little shit that started it.

That's what I think. But I don't expect you to understand my viewpoint. Give it a few years; I think you'll come around. Then again, maybe this is the culture of the next generation. God, I hope not...

TheTeetFingler

TheTeetFingler

You're Fuggin' Out!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What I find amazing is the enormous differences between generations. The older guys think Bobby is spot on, while my generation is relating to what Corn is saying... Thats what it looks like from the first couple of pages of this thread. I think what Bobby said needed to be said to Washington. Nobody is forced to do immoral or illegal shit. People make mistakes, sure, but at the end of the day it makes you look like a total dumbass to try to tell fans that the players have it hard...

Washington says all UGA fans see are numbers on the field??? Nope.. UGA fans as well as the rest of the SEC see these guys in mugshots and the papers!

Thats just someones opinion on the outside looking in.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 08 July 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

I never said anything about a sterling youth beyond reproach. I simply stated that what Bobby said needed to be said. I didn't see anything stupid in it. Seems to me he was giving voice to the frustrations of a fan base that's grown tired of this mentality of being unapologetic little assholes with no regard or respect for anyone including themselves. They constantly :lanekiffin: up, tweet or Facebook or post to some board about how they don't give a shit what anyone thinks about their :lanekiffin:-up, and then find some sideways logic to justify their :lanekiffin:-ups. And afterwards, there are people standing in line with guns drawn, ready to attack anyone who takes issue with the whole shitty mess and the little shit that started it.

That's what I think. But I don't expect you to understand my viewpoint. Give it a few years; I think you'll come around. Then again, maybe this is the culture of the next generation. God, I hope not...

This is a bunch of generalizing bullshit. If you have a problem with the attitude of a player, then address it to that player specifically. I'm not going to sit here and listen to a bunch of horseshit from you or any Georgia fan that attempts to lump everyone together because they don't like it when a single player takes issue with some dumbass redneck who rants off a bunch of lies and bullshit that calls into question the character of every player on the team. That's bullshit. And I think you're a hypocrite too if you think it's just "this generation." You and your generation were the exact same as everyone in the generation you're targeting. You just choose to use a selective memory and pretend that you were better. You weren't. Your elders all said that you were all unapologetic little assholes with no regard for anyone but themselves. And their elders said it about them. You just didn't have the internet as an outlet for old fogeys to shit on you about what they perceived was your "don't-give-a-shit-what-anyone-thinks attitude." Young people today are under the microscope more than you or anyone before you were. So lay off.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 08 July 2012 - 07:11 PM.

war3ag13

war3ag13
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJudas Priest, on 07 July 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

These kids don't know how easy they have it. I would've KILLED to play for South Carolina, even in our sorriest days.
As would many people. But remember, you can't fault someone for having a natural talent and being able to get a job or a scholarship because of it.

I mostly agree with the rant because a player has no right to say things like that to the people that make it possible for him to be in the position he is in. But remember, we can't think these players have it so easy because they have a talent. They have to work hard and put in long hours with little thanks sometimes too.

Posted Image
Sig By Me | War Eagle

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 July 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

This is a bunch of generalizing bullshit. If you have a problem with the attitude of a player, then address it to that player specifically. I'm not going to sit here and listen to a bunch of horseshit from you or any Georgia fan that attempts to lump everyone together because they don't like it when a single player takes issue with some dumbass redneck who rants off a bunch of lies and bullshit that calls into question the character of every player on the team. That's bullshit. And I think you're a hypocrite too if you think it's just "this generation." You and your generation were the exact same as everyone in the generation you're targeting. You just choose to use a selective memory and pretend that you were better. You weren't. You just didn't have the internet as an outley for old fogeys to shit on you about what they perceived was your "don't-give-a-shit-what-anyone-thinks attitude."
It's not about every player on the team. It's about these few entitled hoods with criminal tendencies that give the entire program a black eye. And yes, we all did things in our youth that were stupid or illegal or both. The difference is- we accepted the responsibility for our actions, we made our apologies, paid our debts to society, and moved past it with a lesson learned.

And I'm a hypocrite? That's rich. Dry off behind the ears, junior. One day you'll see the irony of a conservative enabler calling ANYONE a hypocrite...

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 08 July 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

It's not about every player on the team. It's about these few entitled hoods with criminal tendencies that give the entire program a black eye. And yes, we all did things in our youth that were stupid or illegal or both. The difference is- we accepted the responsibility for our actions, we made our apologies, paid our debts to society, and moved past it with a lesson learned.

And I'm a hypocrite? That's rich. Dry off behind the ears, junior. One day you'll see the irony of a conservative enabler calling ANYONE a hypocrite...

You're hardly old enough to call me "junior." Get over yourself. And yes, you're a hypocrite, and you're delusional if you think your generation was any different from any generation that's come along since.

I love how Washington makes a post taking issue with what some blustering jerk said about a former teammate, and now suddenly he's a "entitled hood with criminal tendencies." That's EXACTLY that kind of bullshit I'm talking about here. You're absolutely full of it.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 08 July 2012 - 07:54 PM.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm sorry, but while both sides have decent points, its pissing me off that fans are acting all high and mighty. We don't own the players and neither does the University. Yeah athletes get a good deal, but they have to earn that. If people like you or I dressed out for our team, they'd lose out on MILLIONS. It's a partnership. The university takes care of you and you are expected to win for them. They are employees and its silly to act otherwise.

Athletes are held to a different standard than other students, and they should be. But fans need to get off their high horse and stop pretending that the players don't deal with the same temptations and problems. Just because you bought a ticket and a jersey doesn't make that player any less of a college student that is short on good sense like we all were at that age.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 08 July 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but while both sides have decent points, its pissing me off that fans are acting all high and mighty. We don't own the players and neither does the University. Yeah athletes get a good deal, but they have to earn that. If people like you or I dressed out for our team, they'd lose out on MILLIONS. It's a partnership. The university takes care of you and you are expected to win for them. They are employees and its silly to act otherwise.

Athletes are held to a different standard than other students, and they should be. But fans need to get off their high horse and stop pretending that the players don't deal with the same temptations and problems. Just because you bought a ticket and a jersey doesn't make that player any less of a college student that is short on good sense like we all were at that age.

Exactly. And this whole profanity-laced tirade that was directed at a college athlete who said something ill-advised on facebook was COMPLETELY over the top, and not productive in any way at all. In fact, I'd say it was pretty much counter-productive. Nobody responds well to being called names and insulted on a personal level by an anonymous douchebag.

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 July 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

You're hardly old enough to call me "junior." Get over yourself. And yes, you're a hypocrite, and you're delusional if you think your generation was any different from any generation that's come along since.
You don't think this is generational? I'm delusional? How in the hell would you know? You crawl around on this board posting garbage and trolling threads about shit you only have a dim awareness of just to get a rise out of somebody you don't like. Go have a kid or two and raise them to adulthood and watch how the ideals and values you've instilled in them guide them in starting their own families; then you can talk to me about generational differences.
And I have a daughter five years younger than you. I'm plenty old enough to call you Junior, Sport.