UGA fan responds to Cornelius Washington's reaction to Crowell dismissal - Page 2 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UGA fan responds to Cornelius Washington's reaction to Crowell dismissal

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 July 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

I get what HNB is saying. I agree with a lot of what that Bobby guy said... I feel like he could have gone about it with... more tact.

Maybe too many people have approached the players with "tact"  

Bobby brought the real talk. Its hard to not understand real talk.

Edited by AUskip07, 07 July 2012 - 09:09 PM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 07 July 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

I never saw you as an enabler before.But I just figure you're standing up for your team.These kids are no better or entitled than anyone else.It's time for them,no matter what team they play for or what the tint of their skin,to toe the line and earn it or get the hell out of the way so a leader can take the spot.

Me an enabler? I'm not defending what Washington said, but a grown ass man shouldn't engage in that kind of juvenile name-calling with a kid supposedly at least thirty years his junior. There's nothing admirable about getting into a spat with a college kid on facebook.

Just a dumb redneck who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostAUskip07, on 07 July 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

That's not "real talk." That's message board fodder. That's what "Bobby" was going for.

CockyinCola

CockyinCola

FOURever to Thee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I liked how bobby wrote a lot of words and spent a whole lotta time writing a response when Cornelius will never read or give a shit about it.

I honestly didn't have too much of a problem with Cornelius' statement until he started going off on the fans. i kinda agree with hobnail on this one
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 07 July 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Let me rephrase this, I agreed with the idea that he was trying to convey, however he resorted to name calling with someone considerably younger than him on the internet in public no less. I feel like what Cornelius said didn't warrant THAT severe of a reaction from an alleged "fan".
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Me an enabler? I'm not defending what Washington said, but a grown ass man shouldn't engage in that kind of juvenile name-calling with a kid supposedly at least thirty years his junior. There's nothing admirable about getting into a spat with a college kid on facebook.

Just a dumb redneck who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

I went back and read Bobby's rant again.He's spot on as far as I'm concerned.That rant needs to be carved into a Tebow rock somewhere.People are getting sick of this premadonna crap.

I'm not tryng to put you down,but I just agree with the dude.

And this applies to all our players and teams.

Edited by L.A.Hog, 07 July 2012 - 09:38 PM.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 07 July 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I went back and read Bobby's rant again.He's spot on as far as I'm concerned.That rant needs to be carved into a Tebow rock somewhere.People are getting sick of this premadonna crap.

I'm not tryng to put you down,but I just agree the dude.

Everything he said was exaggerated to the umpteenth degree. There was little "spot on" about it.

People may be sick of primadonna crap, but that hardly justifies just going on a public tirade against a player on YOUR TEAM that basically lumps every player on YOUR TEAM together and calls them all names. It's stupid, it's trashy and it serves no purpose other than to inflate said ranter's own ego and engage in internet grandstanding.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 07 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Oh, and the fact that the Red and Black basically did a copy paste and put that crap in print, really hacks me off. The R&B was always a trash publication, but this is sinking to new lows. When you're letting random people's fact-less tirades on facebook be the source of your content, it's time to hang it up. And to think we actually have an outstanding journalism school at UGA. You'd never know it judging from that garbage. Worse than tabloid journalism. And the athletics-hating hipsters at the R&B I'm just just got all giddy and beside themselves when they saw this rant. They couldn't Posted Imageing WAIT to share it with everyone, because they've been stereotyping and generalizing collegiate athletes at UGA for YEARS!

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 07 July 2012 - 09:51 PM.

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

Everything he said was exaggerated to the umpteenth degree. There was little "spot on" about it.

People may be sick of primadonna crap, but that hardly justifies just going on a public tirade against a player on YOUR TEAM that basically lumps every player on YOUR TEAM together and calls them all names. It's stupid, it's trashy and it serves no purpose other than to inflate said ranter's own ego and engage in internet grandstanding.
Now you're just making things up...when does he lump the whole team up any more than Cornelius lumped the entire fan base up for being ignorant of their "struggles" as scholarship athletes at UGA?  I'm actually kind of shocked that you aren't championing Nettles given the off-the-field issues that you argue so passionately with the UF fans on the board about....if you have Washington IN PUBLIC defending a guy who had an obviously illegal or about to be used for illegal gun, I would think as a fan yourself you would want that line of thinking gone from your locker room and campus altogether.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostWayzUp, on 07 July 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Now you're just making things up...when does he lump the whole team up any more than Cornelius lumped the entire fan base up for being ignorant of their "struggles" as scholarship athletes at UGA?  I'm actually kind of shocked that you aren't championing Nettles given the off-the-field issues that you argue so passionately with the UF fans on the board about....if you have Washington IN PUBLIC defending a guy who had an obviously illegal or about to be used for illegal gun, I would think as a fan yourself you would want that line of thinking gone from your locker room and campus altogether.

I'm not going to go through that trash line by line and point out the fallacies contained within. They are numerous and outrageous.

You guys seem to really struggle with grasping the very basic point. So I'll summarize it again. A grown-ass man shouldn't be engaging in a juvenile, verbal spat with a college kid on facebook who for whatever reason, probably because he's only 21, hasn't learned yet to keep some thoughts to himself. A grown-ass man should know better.

The whole thing is a Posted Imageing embarrassment. Washington was stupid for saying what he did and Bobby Nettles is a dumbass redneck with a mouth bigger than his brain. It's drawn more attention to a situation that most of us are ready to move on from.

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i would read bobby nettles blog.

Posted Image

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bobby Nettles said what a large majority of fans from all different fanbases think every time some shit like this comes up. At least those of us old enough to see past the behavior to the mind-set. Washington's post shows that this is isn't about a behavior he's willing to accept responsibility for and change. He's surly and defiant and assigns blame without any introspection.

As long as people handle him with kid gloves and reinforce his inflated sense of entitlement, he'll continue down the path to destructive stupidity. Somebody needed to say what BN said and I applaud it. If you think it was harsh or stupid, that's probably because you are under 30 and identify with that entitled mentality.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A couple of thoughts.

1. People need to stop pretending stuff like this is new. Every wants to scream and holler than today's players are thugs and troublemakers blah blah blah. They're doing the same things football players did 10, 20, 30, and 50 years ago. The difference is now when one of them says something stupid or does something stupid, the whole world hears about it. Back in the day, many coaches didn't have to worry about their star players being in handcuffs for DUI or smacking around his girlfriend because when they got busted, the cops called the coach to come get them so they could see them playing on Saturday. I don't care if it was the coaching staff arranging for a player's girlfriend to get an abortion at the "U" in the 80's, or the Bear pouring coffee into the still drunk from the night before Namath, this sh*t is not new.

2. To a certain degree, both the player and the "fan" are right. Yes players should realize they are living a dream that we would all kill for, but we also need to look at ourselves an realize we're selfish as hell when it comes to their performance. You think I gave a rat's a$$ about Stephen Garcia's GPA or if he was growing into a good person? HELL NO. All I wanted was for him to be just sober enough to play lights out like he did vs Bama in 2010. At the end of the day, all most of us really care about is what that player can do for our team. And if they flunk out, get hurt, or go to the Pros, it doesn't matter to us and we just move on.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 08 July 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

A couple of thoughts.

1. People need to stop pretending stuff like this is new. Every wants to scream and holler than today's players are thugs and troublemakers blah blah blah. They're doing the same things football players did 10, 20, 30, and 50 years ago. The difference is now when one of them says something stupid or does something stupid, the whole world hears about it. Back in the day, many coaches didn't have to worry about their star players being in handcuffs for DUI or smacking around his girlfriend because when they got busted, the cops called the coach to come get them so they could see them playing on Saturday. I don't care if it was the coaching staff arranging for a player's girlfriend to get an abortion at the "U" in the 80's, or the Bear pouring coffee into the still drunk from the night before Namath, this sh*t is not new.

2. To a certain degree, both the player and the "fan" are right. Yes players should realize they are living a dream that we would all kill for, but we also need to look at ourselves an realize we're selfish as hell when it comes to their performance. You think I gave a rat's a$$ about Stephen Garcia's GPA or if he was growing into a good person? HELL NO. All I wanted was for him to be just sober enough to play lights out like he did vs Bama in 2010. At the end of the day, all most of us really care about is what that player can do for our team. And if they flunk out, get hurt, or go to the Pros, it doesn't matter to us and we just move on.

1. You're right. This shit isn't new. But, guess what; nobody would've known how stupid and entitled he was had the moron not felt the need to post it TO THE WORLD. Think Namath would've called a press conference to tell Bama fans, "Posted Image you. You have no idea how hard my life is" ?

2. I care what these players do for my team. And shit like this affects my team, and my university. Do you really think, as a graduate, you won't be associated with the kind of people your school turns out? You've really never followed the careers of pros from your school, and celebrated their successes? Or lamented a lost season because of injury or ineligibility? C'mon, man. We give more of a shit BECAUSE they play football. It's one of the perks of being a big-time college athlete.
Think people in Auburn didn't feel pride when Bo Jackson was becoming one of the greatest two-sport athletes of our time, and horror and sympathy when injury ended his career?

The fact that some of these young men have this mentality that fans of their programs should just shut up and be thankful that they chose to grace a certain university with their presence regardless of the negative light cast on said university by their idiotic and illegal actions is ludicrous. And defending this mind-set will only perpetuate it.

BarnBurner

BarnBurner
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I do feel bad for Crowell though... if he'd signed with Bama, he coulda have a National Championship ring to sell after he got kicked off the team.