UGA fan responds to Cornelius Washington's reaction to Crowell dismissal - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UGA fan responds to Cornelius Washington's reaction to Crowell dismissal

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

It's been a while since Cornelious Washington has made headlines.

The Georgia outside linebacker did gain momentary exposure for a DUI-arrest, following a two sack performance against Mississippi State in October.

However, he saw less playing time following the arrest and only tallied 1.5 sacks in the remaining games.

[/left]

But in the aftermath of Isaiah Crowell's arrest and subsequent dismissal from the team, Washington launched himself back into the spotlight with a Facebook rant towards fairweather fans.

[/left]

"all think you know so much, but in reality you know nothing. You don't know what we come from, you don't know our struggles, all you know is the number on our jersies. 99% of you don't give a crap about us outside of football," Washington posted on Facebook. "When we're doing well you're all in our faces, when things get tough and we need encouragement you're nowhere to be found. You're fake and I despise you for it. We shall band together guys, we've been working hard and we only need each other. NONE of those outsiders will contribute to our survival as a team or as individuals, you can guarantee that. #stickclosetoeachother ~corn washington"

[/left]

The post wasn't taken well by Georgia fans in online message boards, specifically on websites likescout.com and dawgpost.com.

[/left]

And Bobby Nettles, a fan whose Facebook page says that he is from East Atlanta, Ga., decided to write a reply.....

[/left]

http://www.redandbla...html?TNNoMobile

WARNING: Bobby's reply is NSFW --language, mature topics and you will not be able to high five him when you're done reading.  

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1.)started reading response

2.)began suspecting that ColonelKurtz' real name is Bobby Nettles

3.) saw this line: "Nevermind that 65% of the state forgave him the 1st 4 or 5 times he failed a drug test, acted like a petulant little bitch about school or classwork, came out of every game that an opponent busted him in his little bitch assed mouth, and generally acted like a little dreadlocked flower with all of the toughness of a three legged kitten, possessing the smarts of a window licking retard with water on the brain"

4.) was convinced that Bobby Nettles is indeed the person who posted here as ColonelKurtz
all your bases are belong to us

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
I think most Georgia fans saw Washington's comment, then saw Nettles' comment, shook their heads, and just went on living their lives.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I didn't come up easy either and the ridicule I took for my mistakes was deserved and turned into a positive as best as I knew how.None of us are entitled to a free walk through life,if that's what these guys think they should have then they should return to the government check.Man up or kiss my ass,I don't feel sorry for any of these dudes,they're living my dream and pissing it off.Screw em.

Judas Priest

Judas Priest

The Painkiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Great read, ripped that kid a new asshole.
Posted Image

"Jadeveon Clowney meets the Dabocats"

"What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
                                                                                                         - John Heisman

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Strong rant is strong. It is hard to disagree with anything Bobby said.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Judas Priest

Judas Priest

The Painkiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 07 July 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

These kids don't know how easy they have it. I would've KILLED to play for South Carolina, even in our sorriest days.
Posted Image

"Jadeveon Clowney meets the Dabocats"

"What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
                                                                                                         - John Heisman

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJudas Priest, on 07 July 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Great read, ripped that kid a new asshole.
It started off that way but after a while, i got the impression he was venting at ALL the student-athletes out there who waste a golden opportunity because they lack the wisdom to know just how good they have it...Cornelius defending a former teammate who straight up ripped up his golden ticket just gave Bob an excuse to say what a lot of us think when this sort of thing happens.  

I thought the same things he said when Demetris Summers smoked his way out of Columbia....that's another what-could-have-been talent just wasted by entitlement, poor work ethic and off the field habits that were more important than playing football while getting a college education for free.  

But I'm a unapologetic hypocrite....if I'd have been given a scholarship for my best sport and a free ride back when I was 18...? pffft....yea, I'm no one to judge cuz I'd have been another Garcia. lol

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 07 July 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Just read Bobby's rant.Outstanding.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Bobby is full of shit for the most part. What Cornelius said was stupid but what Bobby said showed even more immaturity.

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Bobby is full of shit for the most part. What Cornelius said was stupid but what Bobby said showed even more immaturity, in my opinion.
There.  

Now, how exactly is Bobby full of shit?  Sounds like Bobby was a half-generation before me or so but I can definitely relate to a lot of what he said and 'full of shit' is definitely not what I was getting.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostWayzUp, on 07 July 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

There.  

Now, how exactly is Bobby full of shit?  Sounds like Bobby was a half-generation before me or so but I can definitely relate to a lot of what he said and 'full of shit' is definitely not what I was getting.

He goes on a tirade about IC being immature while simultaneously engaging in equally juvenile behavior. That's why he's full of shit.

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

He goes on a tirade about IC being immature while simultaneously engaging in equally juvenile behavior. That's why he's full of shit.
Crowell had a gun with the serial number removed man...what other reason would you have that gun or come into possession of that gun?   Me, I don't count that as equally juvenile behavior as a well-spoken fan granting a good bit of perspective on FB to a still-current Georgia player who obviously relates to IC's situation in a way that makes you wonder about his judgement of right and wrong.  

Maybe what Nettles had to say may make Washington stop and think a minute....

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Bobby is full of shit for the most part. What Cornelius said was stupid but what Bobby said showed even more immaturity.

I never saw you as an enabler before.But I just figure you're standing up for your team.These kids are no better or entitled than anyone else.It's time for them,no matter what team they play for or what the tint of their skin,to toe the line and earn it or get the hell out of the way so a leader can take the spot.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I get what HNB is saying. I agree with a lot of what that Bobby guy said... I feel like he could have gone about it with... more tact.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER