Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Saban declined home/home Wisconsin

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

I shared stats that compared the two teams and UF's defense was significantly better against common opponents.
Tider called them "irrelevant".

Considering Florida's defense outperformed Bama's against the SEC slate, I don't think it's a crime to suggest UF has the better defense.
It's debateable to anyone who isn't in full on "Bammer Mode".
I'll bow out now.

Ranking defenses isn't determined by comparing common opponents, so Tider's observation of your claims being irrelevant is accurate.  I'm sorry that the facts don't stand up to your claim of Florida having the #1 defense in the country.

Edited by Crimson Kicker8, 02 January 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

I shared stats that compared the two teams and UF's defense was significantly better against common opponents.
Tider called them "irrelevant".

Considering Florida's defense outperformed Bama's against the SEC slate, I don't think it's a crime to suggest UF has the better defense.
It's debateable to anyone who isn't in full on "Bammer Mode".
I'll bow out now.

Whatever makes you feel better bro.

Kind of like Arkansas fans arguing that they had the better skill players before the season. Well, maybe that was true...but the end result is just that right now. Can take your wins wherever you see fit, I'm happy over here fondling myself to the last 5 years or so. :trollface:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 02 January 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Being a Georgia fan and having watched us play the two teams in question, Florida has a better defense. I don't think it's particularly close either, but Alabama obviously has a much better offense.

Fair enough, I know Florida has a good defense. Bama's definitely didn't play too well, even though one of those TD's was a block punt return. Doesn't matter though I guess, this definitely isn't Bama's best defense but it's damn good.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Fact is fact. IMO I don't see Alabama having a defense that will stand up to the one we had last year BUT we can strive for it.

Its just a process.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's hard for any defense to stand up to last year's, arguably one of the greatest of all time (stats wise).

btw who is watching this game? :trollface:
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 02 January 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Fact is fact. IMO I don't see Alabama having a defense that will stand up to the one we had last year BUT we can strive for it.

Its just a process.

I have wet dreams to last year's defense.

Wait. :$