Woman who accused Duke lacrosse players of rape charged with murder - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Woman who accused Duke lacrosse players of rape charged with murder

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.al.com/sp...ke_lacross.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The woman who falsely accused three Duke lacrosse players of raping her in 2006 was charged Monday with murder in the death of her boyfriend.

[/left]

Crystal Mangum, 32, was indicted on a charge of first-degree murder and two counts of larceny. She has been in jail since April 3, when police charged her with assault in the stabbing of 46-year-old Reginald Daye. He died after nearly two weeks at a hospital.

[/left]

An attorney for Mangum and officials in the district attorney's office did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

[/left]

Mangum falsely accused the lacrosse players of raping her at a 2006 party for which she was hired to perform as a stripper. The case heightened long-standing tensions in Durham about race, class and the privileged status of college athletes.

[/left]

The district attorney who championed Mangum's claims was later disbarred. North Carolina's attorney general eventually declared the players innocent of a "tragic rush to accuse."

[/left]

Prosecutors declined to press charges for the false accusations, but Mangum's bizarre legal troubles have continued.

[/left]

Last year, she was convicted on misdemeanor charges after setting a fire that nearly torched her home with her three children inside. In a videotaped police interrogation, she told officers she set got into a confrontation with her boyfriend at the time -- not Daye -- and burned his clothes, smashed his car windshield and threatened to stab him.

[/left]

Friends said Mangum has never recovered from the stigma brought by the lacrosse case and has been involved in a string of questionable relationships in an attempt to provide stability for her children. Vincent Clark, a friend who co-authored Mangum's self-published memoir, said he hopes people don't rush to judgment -- echoing one of the oft-cited lessons of the lacrosse case itself.

[/left]

Clark said Mangum realizes she has mental health problems.

[/left]

"I'm sad for her. I hope people realize how difficult it is being her," Clark said.

[/left]

When Daye's nephew talked to a 911 dispatcher after the stabbing, he referenced the notoriety Mangum still carries.

[/left]

"It's Crystal Mangum. THE Crystal Mangum," said the nephew, whose name was removed from a publicly-released version of the emergency call. "I told him she was trouble from the damn beginning."

[/left]

A federal judge recently ruled that the three players accused of rape -- Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty and Dave Evans -- can pursue a lawsuit against former District Attorney Mike Nifong and the police investigators who handled their case. The players have not sued Mangum.

[/left]

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This bitch needs to burn.  I never believed those lacrosse players did it anyway.  Lacrosse is a gay sport.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not shocking....she is what she is.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• ╬ťoderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
She seems like a fine, upstanding woman. She should walk.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wonder how much pub this gets by the national media.  Won't hold a candle to the Duke fiasco, for obvious reasons.  Pretty sad indictment of our media.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So this means she's available now??
Posted Image

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bitches be crazy
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgatorhater, on 12 June 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

So this means she's available now??

She recently changed her Facebook status from " in a relationship" to "single"

Go for it buddy
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What goes around?
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I done cut you...

Posted Image
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
media wont touch this. they got burned the first time around.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU