Pacman Loses to Bradley - Page 2 - The Pros - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Pacman Loses to Bradley

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
such a travesty. I feel bad for those of you who shelled out money to watch it.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 10 June 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

such a travesty. I feel bad for those of you who shelled out money to watch it.

The fight itself was worth the money honestly, then you have a legendary bad decision. I actually think it was worth the money given you saw history, be that it was possibly the most negative ever in the sport of Boxing.

Me? Streamed it on my laptop and to my TV with HDMI with some friends. Sure it wasn't real HD, but it sure was better than shitty streaming on a comp.

Edited by Tider27, 10 June 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I watched it on crappy streaming but that is only because ZERO bars were showing it. Even Buffalo Wild Wings didn't have it.

Boxing is dying and it has only it self to blame. This is just the rats trying to get a little more out of the sinking ship.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm glad I didn't pay for it, either... I know I would have broken something. The 117-111 score is a common one, but I've seen some unofficial scorecards from some longtime boxing analysts and experts that even had it 119-109.

You know if Teddy Atlas is disgusted enough to comment publicly on how bad it was, and suggest corruption was at work, then it HAD to be one of the worst decisions of all time. Typically you'd expect Teddy to defend boxing to his last breath.

Incompetent/bribed decisions have skyrocketed in recent years; and whoever is behind it isn't anywhere near as good at it as the fixers were back in the day... in the old days, if you were going to run a boxing hustle you needed for at least one of the boxers themselves to be in on it. Now they're just trying to steal fights with no help from either of the fighters, and everybody on the planet can see the fix is in and that the rigging involves only the judges.

The only way boxing saves itself at this point is if they overturn this obviously paid for decision or rule it a no-contest. This fight was much too high profile for this to just pass. After 30+ years as an avid fight fan, and thousands of fights watched, I'm done with it. I may tune in if this fight makes it to HBO just to see for myself how terrible the decision was, but I won't watch any more live fights... it's just not worth it when the chances are now very good that somebody will get screwed over and ruin it for you.
Posted Image

Zee

Zee

Throw salt on the snail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think Pac is overrated and Mayweather would beat him, but I watched the fight, and yea it was a pretty good fight but I'll admit it looked like Pac was in control of the fight the whole time.
I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I look forward to watching the HBO replay this week.  Right when it was starting to look like boxing might have some life, the sport points a .357 to its head.  What a shame

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostZee, on 10 June 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

I think Pac is overrated and Mayweather would beat him, but I watched the fight, and yea it was a pretty good fight but I'll admit it looked like Pac was in control of the fight the whole time.

Mayweather gettin his ass taken to pound town right now at CCDC
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 10 June 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

I watched it on crappy streaming but that is only because ZERO bars were showing it. Even Buffalo Wild Wings didn't have it.

Boxing is dying and it has only it self to blame. This is just the rats trying to get a little more out of the sinking ship.

Yes indeed. Boxing is tying its own noose. I gave up a few years, back, and it use to be huge. They were having enough trouble keeping up with UFC, but this hurts them a lot.
IMG00225-20120417-2122.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 0-0 (0-0) vs
La Tech 8/30/14

84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
540- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

BamaBoy91

BamaBoy91
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
and now they are talking about a rematch

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They have to talk about a rematch if only to dream about the dream matchup again.

The sad thing is this really hurts the casual boxing fan (including me) because I'll never pay for a PPV because of what I saw last night.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 10 June 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

I look forward to watching the HBO replay this week.  Right when it was starting to look like boxing might have some life, the sport points a .357 to its head.  What a shame

Sad for boxing.  I didn't see it yet; I'll watch the replay, too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux