Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Appliance Advice

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ok I am moving into a new apartment and will have to buy a washer and dryer for the first time.  I'm thinking about buying used but also looking at new stuff.  I was wondering from people who have more experience than I, where is the best place to get a decent price on a new set??...Sears, HHgregg, lowes, etc???...oh and i prefer the top loaders and will probably finance it if its 0%...

thanks

Posted Image

GTHOM

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Ok I am moving into a new apartment and will have to buy a washer and dryer for the first time.  I'm thinking about buying used but also looking at new stuff.  I was wondering from people who have more experience than I, where is the best place to get a decent price on a new set??...Sears, HHgregg, lowes, etc???...oh and i prefer the top loaders and will probably finance it if its 0%...

thanks

I would discourage you from buying used and I've always gone to Sears to get my washer's.  Jmo...

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Laundramat.  Put tape around the quarters so they don't fall into the machine and it will never cost you anything.

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Got a great washer and dryer from Home Depot with 18 mos same as cash.

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Go to Sears they have all the major brands, will price match and finance.
Should you buy used make sure it they still have manufactors warranty and half the price of new.
A guy at work just bought a matching set of 2 year old LG front loading washer and dryer out of the local "Greensheet" newspaper for $1200. The guy had the receipt and that was what he paid just for the washer, so it was like getting the matching $700 dryer for free. The guy gave him the original receipt in case anything goes wrong he can get it covered by warranty.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
seriously, go to your local post office and pick up a change of address/moving kit.  They contain coupons for 10-20% off anything at Lowe's and Home Depot.  I do this every time I have a major purchase.  I saved 200 bucks on a really nice refrigerator.

Posted Image

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrazorhead, on 09 April 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

seriously, go to your local post office and pick up a change of address/moving kit.  They contain coupons for 10-20% off anything at Lowe's and Home Depot.  I do this every time I have a major purchase.  I saved 200 bucks on a really nice refrigerator.
Yea my wife shops on-line at Lowes and pays for it on-line and gets an additional 5% off then goes and picks it up when they call. Sometimes her order is ready and they call within 30 minutes of her paying for it.

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
good stuff...dont think i want used anymore by the way yall talk...

Posted Image

GTHOM

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Being the resident Home Depot guy, I can tell you we have an appliance clearance sale going on now....no way of knowing what models are on sale in your market.  If those models don't suit your fancy we do meet and then beat the competition by 10%.....so if you found a model you liked that is for sale for a lower price at one of our competitors, we'll meet that price and then take an additional 10% off of that.  Just have to have an ad showing that price or know the URL and the kitchen designers/appliance sales folks can pull it up on their computers and check it out and verify.  Pretty simple.
Posted Image