Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Before Zimmerman, there was Joe Horn

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.thegrio.c...as-joe-horn.php

I don't personally believe the "Stand your ground" laws applied to George Zimmerman, however, they are more applicable to him than Joe Horn.

[media=''][/media]

Pretty chilling to see how bad he wanted to kill those guys. I don't know how he could have gotten off scott free

Thoughts?

Edited by NextYearIsHere, 01 April 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I remember this story, it was a big deal.

And Joe Horn was definitely justified, despite the 911 dispatcher's opinion that "there ain't no property worth shooting somebody over"...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 01 April 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

http://www.thegrio.c...as-joe-horn.php

I don't personally believe the "Stand your ground" laws applied to George Zimmerman, however, they are more applicable to him than Joe Horn.

[media][/media]

Pretty chilling to see how bad he wanted to kill those guys. I don't know how he could have gotten off scott free

Thoughts?

in Texas, citizens have an absolute right to protect their (and their neighbor's) property.

That is why Mr. Horn was exonerated, and rightfully so.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 01 April 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I remember this story, it was a big deal.

And Joe Horn was definitely justified, despite the 911 dispatcher's opinion that "there ain't no property worth shooting somebody over"...

that guy straight up murdered two criminals. He left his house with the intention of shooting them. They were criminals, but they didn't deserve the death penalty
Posted Image

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 01 April 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

that guy straight up murdered two criminals. He left his house with the intention of shooting them. They were criminals, but they didn't deserve the death penalty
Posted Image

Hey, I've got a :lanekiffin: ing novel idea, if you don't want to risk getting shot, don't :lanekiffin: ing bust up on someone's property with the intent of stealing crap.  Eureka.

Edited by Crimson Kicker8, 01 April 2012 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the moral of the story is dont be a Posted Imageing criminal
Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 01 April 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

So, would it have been justified if they broke into his house, with only the intent of carrying off a TV without hurting anyone?  Those poor, poor criminals.

If they would have broken into his house, blast away. Come on, man. You know I have a point. The guy let his house after being told not to. The criminals didn't even know he was there. He put his own life at risk by going after them and killed them when the cops would have go them (there was a plain clothes already on the scene waiting for back up)
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 01 April 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

If they would have broken into his house, blast away. Come on, man. You know I have a point. The guy let his house after being told not to. The criminals didn't even know he was there. He put his own life at risk by going after them and killed them when the cops would have go them (there was a plain clothes already on the scene waiting for back up)
You may have a point, but its not a good one.  The simplicity of my statement remains, if you don't want to get shot, don't mess around with someone else's property.  Especially in Texas for :lanekiffin: 's sake.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 01 April 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

In Texas,the moral of the story is don't break into someone's house and steal from them or you can die.That's simple enough to understand.If a person wants to challenge it then that's on them.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No, the moral of the story is ask the criminal if they have a gun and if they don't,give them one so it would a fair fight. Not even close to the Martin case.

Edited by CrimsoNation713, 01 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah you're right, people should die for any crime, regardless of its severity... I think we should start chopping off hands for shop lifting too.

That guy left his home to shoot someone. What if he had seen a couple of kids buying pot? They're breaking the law, I guess he can walk out of his house and blast them too.

You guys know what he did was wrong, you just don't want to admit it
Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If he had seen them selling, buying or smoking pot (or hell, even crack) and had gone out to shoot them; he would have been charged with murder. Even in Texas.

But he saw them theivin'. So, under TX law, he was exonerated.

I LOVE Texas law. Break into a house, you run the risk of getting shot. And the person that shoots you faces NO repercussions.

BTW - notice how there weren't as many "riots" & "demonstrations" in TX back in '07?

As wonderful as the "stand your ground" law in FL is, TX law is even better.

A man CAN use force to protect his life AND his property. The way it should be.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 01 April 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

If he had seen them selling, buying or smoking pot (or hell, even crack) and had gone out to shoot them; he would have been charged with murder. Even in Texas.

But he saw them theivin'. So, under TX law, he was exonerated.

I LOVE Texas law. Break into a house, you run the risk of getting shot. And the person that shoots you faces NO repercussions.

BTW - notice how there weren't as many "riots" & "demonstrations" in TX back in '07?

As wonderful as the "stand your ground" law in FL is, TX law is even better.

A man CAN use force to protect his life AND his property. The way it should be.

You're absolutely right. I would never say otherwise either. But he wasn't doing that, he left his home to go after 2 guys.

BTW, the guys that passed the stand your ground law in Florida have said that it doesn't apply to Zimmerman
Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 01 April 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

And FWIW - he DID NOT "murder" them. He shot them dead while they were in the act of committing a crime. The Texas law stems back from cowboy & early farming times when having your horse or your pig stolen could cause you to be bankrupt or for your family to starve.

Take away, or attempt to take away my means to feed my kids & I will shoot you.

Steal what I have worked for? Endanger my family by being on my property for nefarious purposes?

Just for fun, how much crime do you think has been reported on Mr horn's street since 2007?

And what exactly is the purpose of our criminal justice system anyway? To deter crime?

What's a stronger deterrent:

A) If I get caught, I go to court where I have a strong chance to win & face no penalty. If i do lose, I go to jail and get to rape white boys.

B) Gee, I might get shot dead if anyone sees me trying to steal something on this street.

No, I'm not kidding. I LOVE the way Texas law reads & is implemented.

Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
apparently, capital "B" with an end parentheses makes the cool guy whistling smiley...

Texas law also extends to protecting your neighbor's property, or at least that is the precedent set from the Joe Horn case.

If Zimmerman is guilty, I want him to fry. All we know about that case is what we have seen in the media & the media coverage has been very skewed and sensationalized. I mean, the media started this story as "white man shoots black child". They plain and simply lied to create ratings.

Zimmerman is connected (daddy is a judge). THAT is the angle that ought to be pursued.

I'm not happy that Martin was killed, but his actions, appearance and attitude certainly were a major factor. I could be wrong, but had he respectfully answered legitimate questions about who he was and what he was doing on private property, he'd likely have eaten that bag of Skittles.

Does that mean Zimmerman is automatically innocent? No, but we really don't know that he is guilty either...

Posted Image