How many wins will it take for you to want Dooley back in 2013? - Tennessee Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

How many wins will it take for you to want Dooley back in 2013?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

ElephanTideis

ElephanTideis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think you guys are going to take a step forward this season.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
15 wins for the season, and maybe he will be safe.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Honestly? Eight and a bowl win, so nine
Posted Image

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I talked to a buddy of mine this morning and he said he is giving up his season tickets, he said he has no confidence in Tennessee football.

Edited by uscrules, 30 March 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postuscrules, on 30 March 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

I talked to a buddy of mine this morning and he said he is giving up his season tickets, he said he has no confidence in Tennessee football.
Nor do i.
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If he wins any more than 5/6 I don't want him back!  ;)
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For me it will take 8 to 9 wins including a Bowl win. But we are talking about Dooley here so im not getting my Hopes up.
Posted Image

Vol-El

Vol-El
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

15 wins for the season, and maybe he will be safe.
This.  He needs to schedule @Hawaii and then go undefeated.  

Posted Image him.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He never stood a chance when you consider what he had when he got there and what the fans expected him to do.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He'll have to post a winning record during the regular season, and probably win the bowl game. So 7-5 and a bowl win will have him back. If UT fired him after that they would catch hell trying to find a decent coach. Hell, the instability of the program is one of the reasons they're stuck with Dooley now. If they fire him after an 8 win season they may as well get ready to suck into the foreseeable future.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think the instability of the program came from the land slide that occured when Fulmer was fired without a replacement already locked up. Kinda like what msu basketball is going thru now. You can give a coach his papers but you best have a plan already in the working.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 31 March 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

I think the instability of the program came from the land slide that occured when Fulmer was fired without a replacement already locked up. Kinda like what msu basketball is going thru now. You can give a coach his papers but you best have a plan already in the working.

This.  Hamilton was caught living in Tennessee's hey day (like when he was initially hired before he ruined literally everything he touched. I'm unconvinced that he didn't cause Pat's Alzheimer's) and got cacught up in the hype he received for finding Bruce Pearl out of nowhere and thought he had the magic touch.

He better beat Ga ST, Akron and  I don't think Dooley survives any loss in November.  = 6
He needs to beat one of USC, UGA, UF, Bama.  = 1
Fans will be restless if he loses to MSU or NCST, programs that may be better than us but not in the perception of the average UT fan. = 2

Thats 9 regular season games.  I don't see it happening.

Edited by Matt, 04 April 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Vol2169

Vol2169
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 04 April 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

This.  Hamilton was caught living in Tennessee's hey day (like when he was initially hired before he ruined literally everything he touched. I'm unconvinced that he didn't cause Pat's Alzheimer's) and got cacught up in the hype he received for finding Bruce Pearl out of nowhere and thought he had the magic touch.

He better beat Ga ST, Akron and  I don't think Dooley survives any loss in November.  = 6
He needs to beat one of USC, UGA, UF, Bama.  = 1
Fans will be restless if he loses to MSU or NCST, programs that may be better than us but not in the perception of the average UT fan. = 2

Thats 9 regular season games.  I don't see it happening.

And we MUST be competitive in the others. Getting a win against one then getting blown out by the other 3 totally wipes out the win.

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVol2169, on 06 April 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

And we MUST be competitive in the others. Getting a win against one then getting blown out by the other 3 totally wipes out the win.
This ^^^^^ X 1,000,000
Posted Image

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 30 March 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

He never stood a chance when you consider what he had when he got there and what the fans expected him to do.

I'm sick and tired of hearing this and it's NO excuse any more!
Knowledgeable Tennessee fans (let me save you the joke....yes I know it's an oxymoron) had reasonable expectations and immediately knew the disaster and aftermath that loomed when "turd-stain" left for USCWest. The program was left in shambles and left virtually talent-less by SEC standards. None of those facts excuses the obvious lack of even average in-game coaching ability, the lack of preparation, and the loss of the locker room and coaching staff. Nor did a couple of injuries keep this team from any drastically different results.
Dooley's a hell of a nice guy and seems to be pretty ethical as well.... a trait virtually devoid in most successful college football head coaches. The guy may also be one hell of an assistant coach, BUT he's in WAY over his head as head coach at this level. The guy has benefited from opportunities solely as a result of his papa's doings. The bottom line is that this nut fell WAY too far from the tree in terms of Head Coaching ability. The fact that everyone else in the SEC is good with Dooley being the Head Coach in Knoxville speaks volumes.
Who's next??
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!