Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice? - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1
GetEmGamecocks

GetEmGamecocks
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,676
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    122
Is this true? Apparently Ben Boulware, a 2013 prospect for UGA, posted on his Twitter "Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground." According to timesfreepress.com, Georgia players verified the incident, but it does not say how (http://www.timesfree...-pads-practice/).

Also, Rambo and Ogletree are facing multiple game suspensions for failed drug tests. Rambo is appealing a 4-game suspension, and could enter the supplemental draft if it holds (http://www.teamspeed...plemental-draft).

I put this in trash talk because of the nature of the topic, but this thread is not meant to start crap for the sake of starting crap.

#2
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,023
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,106
I thought the supplemental draft was only for players who have been deemed ineligible. If he still has eligibility left how could he enter??

#3
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostGetEmGamecocks, on 29 March 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Is this true? Apparently Ben Boulware, a 2013 prospect for UGA, posted on his Twitter "Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground." According to timesfreepress.com, Georgia players verified the incident, but it does not say how (http://www.timesfree...-pads-practice/).


I put this in trash talk because of the nature of the topic, but this thread is not meant to start crap for the sake of starting crap.



LOL, surrrrrrre.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 29 March 2012 - 05:37 PM.


#4
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,023
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,106
Glad to see the UGA players have started warming up to Crowell.

#5
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601
This is like the biggest non-story ever.

#6
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    37,970
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    14,308
Sounds like team turmoil to me. :trollface:

.

.

.

Posted Image


#7
ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

    Your Ad Here

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,414
  • Joined:
    Apr 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    628
Ogletree was just mad at Crowell for bogarting all the brownies.....

#8
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,023
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,106

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 March 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

This is like the biggest non-story ever.

1.) it's Spring....so any college football news is a story

2.) your star LB went WWE on your star RB(who's had problems with team chemistry)...it's kind of a big deal

3.) why is the offseason always so damn crazy down in Athens??

#9
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View Postcocky4ever, on 29 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:


1.) it's Spring....so any college football news is a story

2.) your star LB went WWE on your star RB(who's had problems with team chemistry)...it's kind of a big deal

3.) why is the offseason always so damn crazy down in Athens??


2.) isn't a big deal because it's an exaggeration of the truth and nothing out of the normal. The only thing out of the normal at that practice was that there were more people than usual on hand to see it. Ask anyone who regularly covers a practice.

#10
GetEmGamecocks

GetEmGamecocks
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,676
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    122
Rambo and Ogletree missing 2-4 games and Rambo possibly not playing the entire season is a pretty big deal. That is not a non-story though the "fight" may be. You guys now have what, four defensive players suspended for at least the first two games?

There's a reason I asked about the "fight" instead of going all "omg UGA thugs be throwin bows on each other in they own dang practice." I am wondering more about if Ogletree really whooped Crowell or if they were just playing...not so much the implications of a possible rift in the Georgia program.

#11
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostGetEmGamecocks, on 29 March 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Rambo and Ogletree missing 2-4 games and Rambo possibly not playing the entire season is a pretty big deal. That is not a non-story though the "fight" may be. You guys now have what, four defensive players suspended for at least the first two games?

There's a reason I asked about the "fight" instead of going all "omg UGA thugs be throwin bows on each other in they own dang practice." I am wondering more about if Ogletree really whooped Crowell or if they were just playing...not so much the implications of a possible rift in the Georgia program.


I don't know and I don't really care. It's a non-story.

As far as the suspensions go, Ogletree may only be suspended 1 game. We'll see. But you can't tell me you didn't start this thread NOT to cause trouble when the thread title is - "Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice." You were making exaggerations before you even got to your "questions."

#12
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

    Dark Lord of the Sith

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,843
  • Joined:
    Nov 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,054

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 March 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:



I don't know and I don't really care. It's a non-story.

As far as the suspensions go, Ogletree may only be suspended 1 game. We'll see. But you can't tell me you didn't start this thread NOT to cause trouble when the thread title is - "Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice." You were making exaggerations before you even got to your "questions."


I don't really have a dog in this fight but will point out this....

Quote

"Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground."

Sounds like a textbook case of someone beating the crap out of someone else.
Posted Image

#13
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostVader, on 29 March 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:



I don't really have a dog in this fight but will point out this....



Sounds like a textbook case of someone beating the crap out of someone else.



Ok. Guess I'll start referring to every good tackle in a ballgame as the tackler "beating the crap out of" the ball carrier.


Who gives a shit? HS recruit was impressed with physicality of a practice. Are we really talking about this? You guys realize that your teams have skirmishes at practice EVERY DAY, right? And if they don't, then your football team probably sucks because they don't practice with much passion. This isn't a story.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 29 March 2012 - 07:02 PM.


#14
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

    Dark Lord of the Sith

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,843
  • Joined:
    Nov 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,054

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 March 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:




Ok. Guess I'll start referring to every good tackle in a ballgame as the tackler "beating the crap out of" the ball carrier.


Who gives a shit? HS recruit was impressed with physicality of a practice. Are we really talking about this? You guys realize that your teams have skirmishes at practice EVERY DAY, right? And if they don't, then your football team probably sucks because they don't practice with much passion. This isn't a story.


Did you miss the part about "continuously punches his face into the ground"? I've seen a lot of great tackels in my day but never have any of them required continual punches to the face.

Like I said, no dog in this fight, don't really know or care past what has been posted. But it sounds like someone was doing their best to beat the hell out of the other guy and was apparently doing a pretty damn good job at it.  
Posted Image

#15
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,023
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,106

View PostVader, on 29 March 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:



Did you miss the part about "continuously punches his face into the ground"? I've seen a lot of great tackels in my day but never have any of them required continual punches to the face.

Like I said, no dog in this fight, don't really know or care past what has been posted. But it sounds like someone was doing their best to beat the hell out of the other guy and was apparently doing a pretty damn good job at it.  
Yeah, most of the skirmishes at Spring practices are just scuffles that would result in a personal foul if it happened in a real game. If Ogletree had done that in a game he would be facing a multi game suspension.