More Suspensions? - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

More Suspensions?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Say it ain't so.......

http://blogs.ajc.com...uga_sports_blog

Thank God we switched SC to later in the season...... that part kind of makes this ironic/funny

Edited by GatorHater24, 28 March 2012 - 08:55 PM.

CockyinCola

CockyinCola

FOURever to Thee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bacarri Rambo FTW

Too bad we aren't playing the 2nd game of the year still :(

Edited by CockyinCola, 28 March 2012 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yep.

This has not been a good offseason for Georgia defensive starters and staying on the right side of the rules. LB Alec Ogletree and S Bacarri Rambo have been suspended at least two and up to four games for a violation of team rules. To anyone's public knowledge at this point, this is due to a matter that did not include an arrest.

This is the second time Rambo will miss the beginning of a season after being suspended for the 2011 opener against Boise State. These suspensions come after a pair of arrests for other defenders, with Sanders Commings booked for domestic violence/simple battery in January and Branden Smith busted for marijuana earlier this month. Commings is suspended for the first two games of the year, while Smith is likely to get a one-game suspension as a first time offender.

It probably won't matter much against Buffalo in Week 1, but the second game of the year is a trip to Missouri. James Franklin the quarterback is one of the better ones in the league, and Gary Pinkel is a good offensive mind. The defensive suspensions are piling up, and if UGA loses that game to the Tigers, it very well could be the difference in the East division race.

Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCockyinCola, on 28 March 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Bacarri Rambo FTW

Too bad we aren't playing the 2nd game of the year still :(

Yep, no more reaping the benefits of off season suspensions I'm afraid......

But really, I think we could beat our first 4 teams with second stringers, still..... these guys ain't too bright

CockyinCola

CockyinCola

FOURever to Thee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 28 March 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

But really, I think we could beat our first 4 teams with second stringers, still..... these guys ain't too bright

Actually I'm really looking forward to the game against you guys in WB this year, I want to see you guys in full force without suspensions/injuries. Should be a great one.

I do think you guys can win your 4 games without them, but that Mizzou game just got a lot tougher. I wouldn't count out the atmosphere and the excitement of it being their first SEC game when you guys go to the other Columbia.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCockyinCola, on 28 March 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Actually I'm really looking forward to the game against you guys in WB this year, I want to see you guys in full force without suspensions/injuries. Should be a great one.

I do think you guys can win your 4 games without them, but that Mizzou game just got a lot tougher. I wouldn't count out the atmosphere and the excitement of it being their first SEC game when you guys go to the other Columbia.

Yeah, that Mizzou game does worry me, mostly because we hardly ever play to our potential and we like to let opponents linger until its too late. As far as atmosphere goes, I doubt it will be any worse than an SEC school on any old saturday

Edited by GatorHater24, 28 March 2012 - 09:28 PM.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Things like this are why I've been predicting a loss to Mizzou for ages.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 28 March 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

I don't think uga could be Vandy with all second stringers.

Doesn't matter, these guys will get two games at most I bet.

Hell if it was for smoking weed I say they shouldn't be suspended at all..but that's just my libertarianism
Twitter: @country_cookin

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View Postvandyfan84, on 28 March 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

I don't think uga could be Vandy with all second stringers.

Doesn't matter, these guys will get two games at most I bet.

Hell if it was for smoking weed I say they shouldn't be suspended at all..but that's just my libertarianism

Georgia still has Quaker rules regarding pot. We suspend players longer than every other school in the SEC for it. Not that it actually prevents players from smoking pot like everybody else in the GD world, it just shoots us in the foot. Getting really tired of it, honestly.

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 28 March 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Georgia still has Quaker rules regarding pot. We suspend players longer than every other school in the SEC for it. Not that it actually prevents players from smoking pot like everybody else in the GD world, it just shoots us in the foot. Getting really tired of it, honestly.

All for smoking a plant.

#ridiculous
Twitter: @country_cookin

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm hearing that Richt has totally lost control of his program...that Ogletree was in a fight with Crowell in practice this past Saturday, and beat the RB into a pulp. Don't know if that had to do anything with his suspension, and didn't hear anything about Rambo being involved.

They tweeted that while Ogletree was on top of Crowell pounding away, he kept repeating, "this is what Clowney will do!! This is what Clowney will do!!" Any confirmation on this??

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They got drug tested when they got back from Spring Break. Timing fail.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 29 March 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

They got drug tested when they got back from Spring Break. Timing fail.

So both players were caught using drugs (yeah yeah, most likely weed) AND Ogletree was busting all up in Crowell as well??

Sour Diezel

Sour Diezel

Alleluia Dominus Deus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostConwayGamecock, on 29 March 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'm hearing that Richt has totally lost control of his program...that Ogletree was in a fight with Crowell in practice this past Saturday, and beat the RB into a pulp. Don't know if that had to do anything with his suspension, and didn't hear anything about Rambo being involved.

They tweeted that while Ogletree was on top of Crowell pounding away, he kept repeating, "this is what Clowney will do!! This is what Clowney will do!!" Any confirmation on this??

That's funny as sh!t.
Posted Image

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.timesfree...-pads-practice/

Saturday also was Junior Day in Athens, and one of the junior prospects in attendance gave a sampling of just how spirited things were. Ben Boulware, a linebacker prospect in the 2013 signing class from Anderson, S.C., posted the following on his Twitter account:

“Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground.”

Richt wasn’t available after the practice, but the skirmish between the junior linebacker and sophomore tailback was verified by Bulldogs players. Such encounters are not uncommon once the amount of hitting drastically increases.

Boulware committed to Clemson yesterday....the Bulldogs just ain't catching the breaks right now...