Davis Wade Expansion Update - Page 2 - Mississippi State Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Davis Wade Expansion Update

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The more I look at it, the more that looks to be a major rework of not just the stadium but the entire vicinity.  I just don't see how you can do that and still have those roads open to vehicle traffic.

My bet is they'll use this as part of the push to become a predominantly pedestrian campus...

nova

nova

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 16 March 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Probably some architectural reason, because there is a road that runs behind it very closely. But still.. I prefer symmetry and rectangles instead of trapezoids.

It looks like if you rotated the facade to be parallel to mootube 1 and mootube 2,  you would most assuredly have to eliminate Barr rd in line with the above...

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That's tight. I have to say that I am thrilled with the new look. I am tired of DWS being one of the "weaker" stadiums in the conference. Also, recruits love stuff like this. Kids won't to play places like that.
Posted Image

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 16 March 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

It looks like if you rotated the facade to be parallel to mootube 1 and mootube 2,  you would most assuredly have to eliminate Barr rd in line with the above...

That is my thinking also. Still, I don't like it. But I reckon I'll get used to it.

nova

nova

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 16 March 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

That is my thinking also. Still, I don't like it. But I reckon I'll get used to it.

The upshot is that it gives more interior stadium room with that little courtyard for who knows what.  I'm anxious to see what the plan for that is.

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That concourse area would be a hell of an awesome place to watch an SEC football game.
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
looks good....interesting to see how it all turns up.  that angle is a little goofy benny, but it may not be noticeable from ground level.  im interested to see how that works out.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That, is awesome.

Agree about that bricking bit though.

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bump

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
barr is a problem.....the weird angle still grinds my gears a little, but if it is mirrored on the other side, i guess it will be ok......overall, im happy with the interior and the exterior is the look i want but the angle is a little frunky.....but i like the direction of how it is progressing.  cant wait to break ground.....ill be super pumped seeing those cranes build onward and upward.  and benny, im sure we will eventually hit 80k +.....its just how it works.....the population of mississippi will double in a hand-full of decades and those cats will all be looking for somewhere to get edumacated and such.  the state of mississippi is at the bottom of the barrel in many ways, but there is only one way to go for us and it is up.  well get there one day.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 30 May 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

barr is a problem.....the weird angle still grinds my gears a little, but if it is mirrored on the other side, i guess it will be ok......overall, im happy with the interior and the exterior is the look i want but the angle is a little frunky.....but i like the direction of how it is progressing.  cant wait to break ground.....ill be super pumped seeing those cranes build onward and upward.  and benny, im sure we will eventually hit 80k +.....its just how it works.....the population of mississippi will double in a hand-full of decades and those cats will all be looking for somewhere to get edumacated and such.  the state of mississippi is at the bottom of the barrel in many ways, but there is only one way to go for us and it is up.  well get there one day.

I just wonder what problems the Mullen-haters will have with our new upgrades?  Prob won't be good enough.

I keed, I keed.

FIRE EVERYONE

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bump.. this looks good as hell from the inside. Still don't like that asymmetry outside.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also that new jumbotron is even bigger than the current one.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJ-Dawg, on 30 May 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

I just wonder what problems the Mullen-haters will have with our new upgrades?  Prob won't be good enough.

I keed, I keed.

enclose it with a condom. one is enough
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 05 June 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Bump.. this looks good as hell from the inside. Still don't like that asymmetry outside.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also that new jumbotron is even bigger than the current one.

Over compensating I see, someone at state has a size issue ;)
Formerly known as rebelfan91

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
From the inside, it looks a lot like Jordan-Hare Stadium...the high upper decks on the east and west sides and the sharp-turned corners puts you really close to the field. It's very nice.

The asymmetrical configuration on the exterior is kind of funky, but in a way it'll give your stadium a quirky trademark. Either way, State is moving on up. This definitely looks like a nice venue to take in an SEC football game.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users