Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Howell's Photos
Tennessee 68, Vanderbilt 61<br/>Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tenn.<br/>Attendance: 22,172
- Tennessee now leads the career series, 111-70, and 71-21 in games played in Knoxville.
- Coach Stallings moves to 12-15 all time against Tennessee.
- Vanderbilt finished the season 21-10 and 10-6 in SEC play after losing to Tennessee Saturday.
- The Vols and Commodores split the season series at one, with each team winning on its home floor.<br/>Vanderbilt SEC Tournament Scenarios:
- Florida defeats Kentucky Sunday, Commodores will be the four seed and will take on the winner of Alabama and South Carolina at 2:30 Friday afternoon.
- Kentucky defeats Florida Sunday, Vanderbilt will be three seed, will take on winner of Georgia and Mississippi State at 9 Friday night.
- Tennessee out rebounded Vanderbilt, 40-30. VU finishes regular season 4-8 when outrebounded by opponent.
- VU moves to 11-6 with starting lineup of Brad Tinsley, John Jenkins, Jeffery Taylor, Lance Goulbourne, and Festus Ezeli.
- Commodores shot 39% against the Vols Saturday. It was only the fifth time this year Vanderbilt shot under 40% from the floor in a game.
- Vanderbilt held Tennessee to only 18.8% from beyond-the-arc in the game (3-16).
- The score was tied three times and the lead changed hands on seven occasions. Vanderbilt’s largest lead of the game came at the 8:25 mark in the first half when the Commodores led by six.
- John Jenkins led the team with 18 points and made three three-point baskets against the Volunteers. Lance Goulbourne scored 12 points and Jeffery Taylor added 12 points.
- Jenkins’ three threes now ties him with Tennessee sharp shooter Chris Lofton for the second-best season total for threes made with 118. It was also the 26th game this year in which he has made three or more three-point baskets.
- Jenkins has now scored in double-digits in 64 consecutive games and made a three-point basket in 51 straight.
- Goulbourne’s 12 points was his second consecutive double-digit effort. He also tied a career high with four steals.
- Taylor’s 10 points all came in the second half. Since 2010, the Commodores are 12-12 when he fails to reach the 15-point barrier.