Men's Basketball Hosts Auburn in Home Finale - Alabama News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Men's Basketball Hosts Auburn in Home Finale

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
<br/>Posted Image
Alabama (19-9, 8-6 SEC) vs. Auburn (14-14, 4-10 SEC)

Game Leaders

Date

Feb. 29 | 7 p.m.

Tuscaloosa, Ala. | Coleman Coliseum

Tickets

No public tickets available

Television

Radio

Internet

Streaming Audio | Game Tracker |Game Notes

Alabama Notes | Auburn NotesAll-Time Series

UA, 88-56

Basketball Home | Season Statistics | Roster | Media Guide | TideTV - Watch the games online! | SEC Basketball | NCAA BasketballFeb. 28, 2012

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -

The University of Alabama men's basketball plays its final home game of the season Wednesday evening when it hosts in-state rival Auburn in Coleman Coliseum. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. on SEC Network outlets and the radio affiliates of the Crimson Tide Sports Network.

All available tickets for Wednesday evening's game have been sold by the UA athletics ticket office. Student tickets are available on a first-come, first served basis with a valid Action Card. The contest will also be the final regular-season home contest for UA's lone senior JaMychal Green who will be honored prior to the game. Green is the active SEC leader in rebounds and double-doubles and ranks in the top 15 all-time at UA in points, rebounds, blocks and steals.

The Crimson Tide remains at home where it has won six of its last eight games to improve to 19-9 on the season and 8-6 in SEC action and aims to improve upon that record at home where it has won 31 of its last 34 games including 14 of its last 16 SEC home games.

In its last outing, a 67-50 home win over Mississippi State, the Tide shot 53.2 percent from the field and 54.5 percent from three-point range. It was the second consecutive game in which UA has shot 50 percent or better in both areas.

Auburn makes its annual visit to Tuscaloosa with losses in five of its last six games to fall to 14-14 overall and 4-10 in the SEC. Alabama won the first meeting this season with a 68-50 win at Auburn behind JaMychal Green's 19 points and seven rebounds.

In its 14 SEC games to date, UA has been led in scoring by six different players. In the last three games, Trevor Releford has led UA with 12.3 points per game while Andrew Steele has averaged 11.3 points 4.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.3 steals per game.

In the win over Mississippi State, Levi Randolph recorded one of the most complete games by a UA player this season with a career-high 18 points, seven rebounds, four assists and three steals.

Frankie Sullivan leads Auburn with 12.4 points per game while Kenny Gabriel adds 12.2 points and 7.5 rebounds.

Following Wednesday's game, Alabama will close out the regular season on the road at Mississippi on Saturday at 3 p.m.

<br clear="left"/>Posted Image<br/>Posted Image

Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gonna whoop that ass.

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

0-0 (0-0)

Next Game: vs. West Virginia Mountaineers

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Trophy....what trophy ??
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas