Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

SEC #3 in payout per school?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's not a huge gap and the sky isn't falling.  But I was always under the impression that our payout per school was far above and beyond any other conference.  Looks like the Pac-12 and Big10 pay out "around $21 million" per school.

http://eye-on-colleg...rss_blogs_NCAAF
Posted Image

engie

engie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Seems like a relatively uninformed article to me. The first mistake is on the Pac12 tv numbers. Their deal is majorly backloaded. I think they made around ~ $13-15mil this year, to a bit above $30mil/yr at the end of the deal, although I can not find my original source for that information.  The Big10 is ahead on the $$ right now by a bit, due to their network.  The PAC 12's deal does NOT prevent them from starting their own network, and that is in the process of happening right now.  The ONLY way the SEC stays ahead of those two are through the starting of our own TV network, which as I understand, is already in negotiations...

http://outkickthecov...year-to-sec.php
Posted Image

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So many "ifs" in that piece, there is no way it is correct. Who the hell would even think the SEC expanded without having additional revenues coming in? More money is the ONLY reason for expansion!

Fro Daddy

Fro Daddy

Mizzou-Rah

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If i remember correctly that is with the new deals after adding teams and obviously with a network in the big10's case. I think once the SEC re-does the deal after adding Mu and ATM that that number will go up, and if they really do launch a national SEC network, it will climb even further. I believe the SEC has the ablility to really out produce the other buy a large amount once everything is flnalized
Posted Image

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFro Daddy, on 27 February 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

If i remember correctly that is with the new deals after adding teams and obviously with a network in the big10's case. I think once the SEC re-does the deal after adding Mu and ATM that that number will go up, and if they really do launch a national SEC network, it will climb even further. I believe the SEC has the ablility to really out produce the other buy a large amount once everything is flnalized

Very true!  I know for a fact around here people LOVE to watch SEC match ups compared to any other.  Once the SEC goes national, especially in this area, they're gonna score big!

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 29 February 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Very true!  I know for a fact around here people LOVE to watch SEC match ups compared to any other.  Once the SEC goes national, especially in this area, they're gonna score big!
As far as TV market share with aTm only being 90 miles from the 4th largest city in America and the 3rd Largest TV market, and the Central Texas Market covering San Antonio, Austin and Waco, and the North Texas Market of Dallas/Ft.Worth it is a win win for aTm and the SEC. With the Houston fan base support for the Aggies and the very large following of LSU, Arkansas, Mizzou and other SEC schools the new payout will probably be record setting considering ESPN dropped 100 Million with a 10year contract on "The Longhorn Network"  alone.  I see payout escalating to well over 25 million per school and it's own SEC Channel.
I would really like to see what the veiwing numbers were the other nght when 8 SEC basketball programs on ESPN, ESPN2, Streaming on ESPN3 and ESPNU. Add in Mizzou Vs.Kansas BBGame to the numbers.

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We'll also be able to WATCH the SEC matchups too!  Hell, this may very well bury that crappy network that is going on in austin LOL!  Man, wouldn't that be hilarious.