Atheist checking in.
lulz @ this "study".
1. Wtf kind of question is this, "was the driver more likely to be a teacher, an atheist teacher, or a rapist teacher?" ?
---> When I see a teacher, I don't think of any label other than teacher. Well, unless you are NYIH and you are a special ed teacher.
2. This is a prime example of a "poison the well" query. For the intent of the question, you might as well ask which religion has killed more people historically, Islam or Christianity? It's nothing but provocative.
3. The study is absolutely faulty because it did not list how many were religious and not religious or just plain not bothered. For instance, it listed 350 Americans surveyed. How many were religious, agnostic or atheist? Same for the Canadians.
4. Regarding Shariff's comments: What the hell does it matter if we don't believe in some invisible, supposedly omnipotent, omnipresent being? How does that make us any more suspect than the rest of society? If anything, I would assert that makes us all the more better for society. Voices in one's head generally gets one thrown into the nut house.....yet a massive exception is made for religion. *smh* I'll not lie, I've said it once and I'll say it again, I fail to see how the purposeful suspension of reason within one's mind is something to be celebrated.
5. Regarding ElephanTideis comment, "I can see where religous people would have questions about atheists because of a lack of religous convictions (meaning they do not fear the eternal consequences of their actions)" : I don't quite understand you here man. Are you saying it is a must in life to have a supervisor in your life all the time? You think it's weird that we don't believe in some invisible sky daddy always looking over our shoulder? If so, please consider it from the other point (Atheist) of view.
Edited by FCN!dawg, 21 February 2012 - 10:30 AM.
1st State Prediction of 2013
bluelightstar, on 26 March 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:
You aren't winning in Starkville, and Hugh Freeze is going to see what he's really started.
Engie's prediction on the M-State and Ole Miss 2013 Signing classes
engie, on 30 April 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:
Yet MSU will have 10 from that in the NFL -- and OM will be lucky to get 2 or 3.
"We didn't play out of hatred for anyone. It was more of playing out of love for one another and this university." - Coach Freeze
University of Mississippi officials have confirmed reports that the school’s reserve of damns has been completely exhausted.
“We are out of damns to give. We do not give one single damn,” Chancellor Dan Jones told reporters