Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Judge Napolitano: How to get fired from Fox Business in under 5 mins

* - - - - 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 February 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

If Napolitano hadn't mentioned Ron Paul, all the posters lambasting this video would be commenting on how absolutely accurate it is.

No I wouldn't.  The video reeked of conspiracy theory from the start.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 14 February 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

What if rednecks voted for their own economic self interest instead of for a silly idea that the president (no matter how conservative/liberal) is going to help out law abortion/handguns?
Considering how insignificant the issues of abortion and gun laws are in a presidential election, that's a very small what if.
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 14 February 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

No I wouldn't.  The video reeked of conspiracy theory from the start.
The lack of a viable 3rd or even 4th party isn't a conspiracy theory.  To me, believing that the DNC and GOP don't actively try to marginalize 3rd and 4th party options is more of a conspiracy theory than anything.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 February 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

The lack of a viable 3rd or even 4th party isn't a conspiracy theory.  To me, believing that the DNC and GOP don't actively try to marginalize 3rd and 4th party options is more of a conspiracy theory than anything.
There's nothing the Republicans or Democrats can do to stop a third party, if one indeed did gain traction (which it won't).  If anything, the two parties working together would only strengthen a potential third party, so I don't understand the logic.

Also, let's imagine (a "what it" if you will) that a third party did gain enough traction to become viable, and the election of 2016 had a Republican, Democratic, and Libertarian candidate.  All three benefit from the typical party perks (money, exposure, ect).  Even if that third party is everything you all hope it would be, and even elected the next president, in 10 years either the Democratic or Republican parties would be no more because that third party WILL pull enough votes away from one or the other to the point of extinction.  After that, guess what, you're back to a two party system.  There's no way three parties can survive politically in this country, that's not a conspiracy theory, that's a fact.
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
kicker and hobbie speak a butt-load of truth on a daily basis.  Some of you jackwagons need to shut up and listen.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I also want to point out that the only thing preventing a viable third party in this country is a viable third party.  Democrats and Republicans are far too concerned with defeating each other politically (which in turn keeps them viable) than they are at defeating a party that doesn't exist.  This notion that Democrats and Republicans are playing dirty in order to keep another party out is a bit naive.
Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSpunk, on 13 February 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

What if you JUST EFFING LET IT GO ALREADY

Sorry, as a Teacher, I can't stand it when people fail to understand key vocabulary words...

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 13 February 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

You teach English grammar? Let me guess, the alcohol did it again.

Actually, I teach Social Studies right now. 12th Grade American Government and Econ. Your worst nightmare has come true.

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 13 February 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

so thats the excuse ?

You need to capitalize your "S" in as it begins your sentence, make sure your remember the apostrophe in "that's" and remember that the question mark should be directly after the "e" in excuse. I used to teach kindergarten English, thanks for letting me relieve those days with your post.

View PostFCN!dawg, on 13 February 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

What if NYIH is a teacher who is an alcoholic?   :trollface:

Psshhh. Alcoholics go to meetings. Teachers go to Happy Hour.

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 13 February 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Might explain why he's not in Korea anymore.

Nope. Getting my Master's was the reason. Korea is WAY better for drinking anyways.

View PostMatt, on 14 February 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

What if rednecks voted for their own economic self interest instead of for a silly idea that the president (no matter how conservative/liberal) is going to help out law abortion/handguns?

Careful buddy, you just might be using logic there... These posters don't cotton to such thinkin' 'round yhere

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 14 February 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Better watch it CK. NYIH will call you "moronic".

You need to put a comma before CK and your period should be inside of your quotations, not outside.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Third parties are always going to have a hard time getting off the ground as long as each side of the aisle holds diametrically opposing sides of nearly every single issue, especially since most third parties are single issue parties.  Even in countries that have viable 3rd, 4th, 5th parties form coalition governments for one side to grab a majority to operate the government, essentially falling into line of defacto two party systems.  We just make the choice to form our coalitions before the elections instead of after.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 14 February 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

There's nothing the Republicans or Democrats can do to stop a third party,

that would seem true but who controls the "electronic" voting machines? remember, pepsi and coke pretend to not like each other but rc cola has won a couple of law suits against them like not allowing rc products on the same isle as pepsi and coke in the grocery store and not allowing rc to have full glass vending machines. two is company three is a crowd.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 14 February 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Actually, I teach Social Studies right now. 12th Grade American Government and Econ. Your worst nightmare has come true.

Dear god, don't they vet teachers at all these days?  :trollface:

Edited by Crimson Kicker8, 14 February 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 14 February 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

that would seem true but who controls the "electronic" voting machines? remember, pepsi and coke pretend to not like each other but rc cola has won a couple of law suits against them like not allowing rc products on the same isle as pepsi and coke in the grocery store and not allowing rc to have full glass vending machines. two is company three is a crowd.
Three is a crowd, which is why this country will always be a two-party system politically.  If you don't win elections you cannot sustain yourself as a party.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 14 February 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Not to mention the RC is better with a Moon Pie.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 14 February 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Sorry, as a Teacher, I can't stand it when people fail to understand key vocabulary words...

You need to capitalize your "S" in as it begins your sentence, make sure your remember the apostrophe in "that's" and remember that the question mark should be directly after the "e" in excuse. I used to teach kindergarten English, thanks for letting me relieve those days with your post.

Psshhh. Alcoholics go to meetings. Teachers go to Happy Hour.

Nope. Getting my Master's was the reason. Korea is WAY better for drinking anyways.

Careful buddy, you just might be using logic there... These posters don't cotton to such thinkin' 'round yhere

You need to put a comma before CK and your period should be inside of your quotations, not outside.
must not be drunk tonight
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 14 February 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Dear god, don't they vet teachers at all these days?  :trollface:

We read the Communist Manifesto at the start of every class, have drum circle for  30 minutes, and then we mock people that vote Republican as being corporatist sheep while leaving class early to buy whatever shiny new sh*t Apple has out this week.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Edited by NextYearIsHere, 14 February 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 14 February 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

We read the Communist Manifesto at the start of every class, have drum circle for  30 minutes, and then we mock people that vote Republican as being corporatist sheep while leaving class early to buy whatever shiny new sh*t Apple has out this week.
Those poor children.
Posted Image