Alshon Jeffrey - Page 2 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Alshon Jeffrey

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
He's not going to get picked up in the 1st round.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What is really odd is that from what I've been hearing on message board talk from different sources I would have thought that Alshon was going to be a 5th rounder. Yet I just looked at two mock drafts (Kiper and DraftCentral or something like that) and both have him going in the first round. No later than the  1st round to the 49ers.

Guess no one knows until draft day.

Edited by bmccall, 13 February 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
I don't think anyone is going THAT far. Saying "he won't get picked in the first round," isn't the same thing as saying "he won't even be CLOSE to the first round."

If it's true he's overweight right now, in addition to the already existing concerns about his speed, it's going to hurt him. The 49ers look like his best chance to be a first round pick, but if they pick up a WR in free agency then they may go another route, or hell, they may like someone else ahead of him.

Showing up out of shape is almost worse than having a marijuana incident because it causes them to question the player's off-season work ethic and whether they can count on him to stay in shape once he's gotten the money.

Seriously... how bad is it going to hurt your feelings if he's an early 2nd rounder instead of a late 1st rounder? Really isn't much of a difference.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 13 February 2012 - 03:55 PM.

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 13 February 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

And still going to be a 1st round pick.

you mad??
No he's not.
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 13 February 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Actually I've been hearing he is moving up to a middle to late first rounder now.

So weighing in at 250 lbs, running a 4.8 40 and still moving up the boards?

Kids got mad skills.

He's what, 6' 4"?  Anybody wanna bet somebody tries to turn him into a Gronkowski/Jimmy Graham tight end at that weight?  Athletic tight ends are kind of the rage these days...

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Alshon Jeffery's agent, Eugene Parker, has his clients train in Tampa FL at the Althete's Compound, located on the campus of Saddlebrook Resort in Tampa, Florida. Where did Indianapolis come from??

http://rosterwatch.com/?p=2013

“He is slow.”

Jeffery has run the 40-yard dash in the mid 4.4’s and is projected to run between a 4.45 and a 4.65 at the NFL scouting combine. When I asked his trainer where he was in testing for the .40, he just told me that if you look at those numbers, he will be in perfect position and form to be on “the better side of that.”

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Can't imagine why his agent would put that out there.

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 13 February 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Can't imagine why his agent would put that out there.

That was his trainer not his agent.  He is also saying Alshon is at his playing weight.  If he runs a in the 4.4 or 4.5 range he will be a first rounder.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, we can put this hater's thread to bed now:

Benjamin Allbright @NFLDraftMonster

Alshon Jeffrey 4.88 time, is outright untrue. Hearing whispers its being floated from his camp, so he blows expectation away at combine.

Greg Linton @agentlinton

@NFLDraftMonster he just responded back "LOL". That's all I'm saying. Plus, if he ran a 4.8, NO way his agent will let him run anyway

Michael Schottey @Schottey: Confirmed...Alshon Jeffery has been in Tampa since January 8th. IF he ran a 4.88 in Indianapolis, it was over a month ago.

And Alshon is STILL better than Green and Jones!!!!

Edited by ConwayGamecock, 13 February 2012 - 04:23 PM.

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostConwayGamecock, on 13 February 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Well, we can put this hater's thread to bed now:

Posted Image

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My take on this sorry thread.....guess it just depends on what 'source' you believe.  I personally believe he's going to show out well at the Combine, isn't working out in Indy at all and will be the one of the two best WR's in this class (Justin Blackmon being his only real competition) when all is said and done.

http://rosterwatch.com/?p=2013

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 13 February 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

He's not going to get picked up in the 1st round.
That is nothing but opinion until after the combine at least.  If he shows well there, he'll definitely get picked in the 1st IMO.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostConwayGamecock, on 13 February 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Never has been, never will be. Julio and AJ were both top 5 picks and AJ was a pro bowler his rookie year. Alshon can be good but he won't be as good as either of them. Ever.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 13 February 2012 - 07:21 PM.

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 13 February 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Never has been, never will be. Julio and AJ were both top 5 picks and AJ was a pro bowler his rookie year. Alshon can be good but he won't be as good as either of them. Ever.

AJ and Julio are two of those rare freaks of nature. Alshon is damn good, but AJ and Julio are on another level.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 13 February 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

This from the man that thought his dawgs could actually beat Boise :trollface:
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR