The Alabama Recruiting Thread - Page 168 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 168

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

The Alabama Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

2624 replies to this topic

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How do y'all feel about Jovon Robinson now that Auburn's been given the green light to recruit him?
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 19 March 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Not that too many people care about basketball recruits, but Lexington, KY PF Jackson Davis (6'8, 220, only a 3-star but stock is rising fast - 5th best player in KY) has narrowed his list down to about five or six teams and we're on it.

We could really use another big body in the post, especially given that Jacobs is unlikely to be back. It's nice to see that Grant is at least oversigning to prepare for attrition. We're going to have to play it smart in order to keep our head above the water vs Auburn over the next few years. Every commit is key.
That's one of the kids that called us after we hired Pearl. Didn't realize his stock was going up.
Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 27 March 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

How do y'all feel about Jovon Robinson now that Auburn's been given the green light to recruit him?

Personally I think going back to AU would make the most sense.

Ty Flournoy-Smith, our TE commit from this past year was his teammate in georgia and said he thinks Jovon is 100% Bama.
Formerly known as T-Bone

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 28 March 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Personally I think going back to AU would make the most sense.

Ty Flournoy-Smith, our TE commit from this past year was his teammate in georgia and said he thinks Jovon is 100% Bama.
So did everyone because Jovon didn't think we were going to be able to recruit him. Our compliance team worked their ass off.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope he goes to Auburn, personally.

Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Shawn Burgess-Becker named us his leader a while back. He's best friends with Calvin Ridley and they have said they want to attend college together. While Miami has been considered the leader, the Miami insider crystal balled Becker to Bama yesterday
Formerly known as T-Bone

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Daron Payne article

http://www.al.com/sp...a_target_d.html

HOOVER, Alabama -- Coveted five-star defensive tackle prospect Daron Payne told reporters on Sunday he is down to four schools will likely make his commitment on National Signing Day 2015.
The Shades Valley star said Auburn, Alabama, Florida State and Texas are his current leaders, in no specific order.
"It's going to be hard," Payne said before participating in the Nike Football Training Camp event at Spain Park High School. "I'm going to have to sit down, pray about it and talk to my family and coaches.
"I grew up an Auburn fan. I've just been wanting to play with them all my life, but then I got the Alabama offer and everybody wants to play with Bama. It's really hard."
The 6-foot-2, 334-pounder recently said the Tigers were recruiting him the hardest, but the Crimson Tide have been making a strong push this spring.
"Right now it's Bama," he said. "They're on my phone every day trying to talk to my mom and all that type of stuff."
Payne's most recent visit was to Alabama after attending Auburn's Junior Day. He enjoyed meeting with new defensive line coach Bo Davis at Alabama and Rodney Garner at Auburn.
"(Davis) is cool," he said. "I love him. I can get used to (his coaching style). I like 3-tech better, personally, but I can get used to it... Bama, the way they work, everything's got to be perfect.
"At Auburn, I got to sit down and talk with Coach Garner. He'd treat me like his son, bring me in and teach me how to be a man."
Payne will visit Tuscaloosa for A-Day April 19 and may attend a practice at Auburn this spring. He hopes to visit Florida State and Texas by the end of the summer.
Since the Seminoles and Longhorns have joined the race, could Payne end up playing his college football outside of the state of Alabama?
"With Texas it's likely because I like the way Coach (Chris) Rumph coaches and I have a great relationship with him," he said. "I don't know much about (FSU), but they just won a championship."

Formerly known as T-Bone

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Going to be a real battle for him, being an Auburn fan doesn't really mean much these days when Bama recruits you.

Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 29 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Shawn Burgess-Becker named us his leader a while back. He's best friends with Calvin Ridley and they have said they want to attend college together. While Miami has been considered the leader, the Miami insider crystal balled Becker to Bama yesterday

Ridley named Bama his leader today. Him and Becker will be visiting together on A Day. 4*DE Kyle Phillips announced he's coming to today

5* Cece Jefferson has been in town today

Posted Image
Posted Image
Formerly known as T-Bone

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Top 100 4* OG Richie Petitbon has committed.

Austin Penny who works for Auburn's 247 site switched his crystal ball for Daron Payne from Auburn to us

Edited by Brah, 04 April 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Formerly known as T-Bone

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 04 April 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Top 100 4* OG Richie Petitbon has committed.

Austin Penny who works for Auburn's 247 site switched his crystal ball for Daron Payne from Auburn to us

Great pickup.

That's pretty odd to be switching this early, but I still expect it to be a battle.

Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kerryon Johnson is announcing tomorrow between Alabama,Auburn and FSU. All 3 sides think they have a shot, @HFS what are you guys hearing? My gut says he picks Auburn.

A day visitor list. I will update as I see more names

5*
Daron Payne
Minkah Fitzpatrick
CeCe Jefferson
Damien Harris
Terry Godwin
4*
Calvin Ridley
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Javon Patterson
Leo Lewis
Hale Hentges
Adonis Thomas
Alex Ofodile
Kyle Phillips
Darrell Williams
Christian Bell
Matthew Burrell
Zach Gentry

3*
Keaton Anderson
Darryl Williams (extremely underrated)
Kirk Merritt

All commits except Petitbon will be there.

Edited by Brah, 15 April 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Formerly known as T-Bone

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@Brah. Everything I've heard says Auburn. Every 247 prediction has been Auburn, including JC Shurburtt. ESPN predicted Auburn.

Alabama has thought they've been outside looking in for a while, FSU thinks it's 50/50 between us and them and Auburn is as confident as they can be.

I'd be ecstatic to land him.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Never over when it's this early, love that A-day list.

Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
GA CB Montrell Custis  flipped from Kentucky to us yesterday. 3* composite and 4* on 247.

Barton Simmons

"Alabama has found another good one in the state of Georgia with Custis. He has that prototypical Saban-Smart cornerback frame at a legit 6-foot-1 and the frame to add weight. He’s also shown really good instincts both on film and in camp settings. The Alabama coaching staff should be able to really mold a heady corner like that into a physical playmaker. But the athleticism is there too. He’s tested well in multiple settings and verticals close to 35 inches. Alabama is getting this kid on his way up," said Simmons.

Posted Image

View PostTider27, on 15 April 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Never over when it's this early, love that A-day list.

Tim Settle won't be here for Aday but 5* CeCe Jefferson announced that he will. It will be his second trip here the last few weeks.

Edited by Brah, 15 April 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Formerly known as T-Bone