Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Alabama Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2696 replies to this topic

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Have fun flipping CJ Hampton, saw it coming months ago, he will be a good player.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post#ThisisMULLENSstate, on 11 December 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Have fun flipping CJ Hampton, saw it coming months ago, he will be a good player.

Bama has spent allot of time in Miss trying to get elite guys and has had no luck recently. Norwood and Faciane are the only guys on our roster from there.

*And Anthony Steen

Edited by Brah, 11 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Formerly known as T-Bone

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 11 December 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Bama has spent allot of time in Miss trying to get elite guys and has had no luck recently. Norwood and Faciane are the only guys on our roster from there.
Freeze and mullen do a good job of getting most of the big in-state recruits, but we always have a few that end up going to LSU or Bama. And once in a blue moon USM snags a big one.

Edited by #ThisisMULLENSstate, 11 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post#ThisisMULLENSstate, on 11 December 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Freeze and mullen do a good job of getting most of the big in-state recruits, but we always have a few that end up going to LSU or Bama. And once in a blue moon USM snags a big one.

Yep since Nutt/Mullen/Freeze came along it seems like Bama has only gotten a few out of dozens of offers. Considering Miss borders states that (including Florida which is close enough and this years title winner) have won the last 8 national titles, it's damn impressive how the state schools have locked down it's talent.
Formerly known as T-Bone

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post#ThisisMULLENSstate, on 11 December 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

I was hoping we would grab Conner last year but I'm just as excited about Hampton.
Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 11 December 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Rumblings that Bama is a legit contender with Tony Brown. Saban visited him and LF this morning at their HS's, he had a in home visit tonight with LF that supposedly went well

I have a feeling our staff wouldn't have let Bessent go so easily (especially to Auburn) if they didn't think they could get 2 or even 3 other commits at CB.  Apparently the Humphrey visit went very well and even laid out a plan for him for both football and track, then we did the same thing with Brown.  Brown's sister runs track at LSU but apparently his family loves Alabama as well. I actually wouldn't be shocked if we got him now, did not think this last week.  Tabor is ours, just have to convince the mother.
Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think we get Humphrey.....I bet he goes to fsu

Edited by Haymaker, 16 December 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Playmaker, on 12 December 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

I have a feeling our staff wouldn't have let Bessent go so easily (especially to Auburn) if they didn't think they could get 2 or even 3 other commits at CB.  Apparently the Humphrey visit went very well and even laid out a plan for him for both football and track, then we did the same thing with Brown.  Brown's sister runs track at LSU but apparently his family loves Alabama as well. I actually wouldn't be shocked if we got him now, did not think this last week.  Tabor is ours, just have to convince the mother.

He never got a visit from the staff last week while he was still committed, idk if he told them he was flipping or what, but his convo on twitter with Chris Williams (who I read helped get him committed to Bama in the first place) sounded like he was mad at us.

JC Shurburtt wrote a article on the top 5 steals in this years cycle, Kieth Holcombe, made the list

5. Keith Holcombe, LB, Tuscaloosa (Ala.) Hillcrest, committed to Alabama (247Sports Composite: 0.8500/3 Stars, Ranking No. 70 ATH)

It’s hard to imagine the Crimson Tide getting a steal given the level at which they recruit, but this was one literally and figuratively. The hometown prospect was committed to Mississippi State during the summer until Bama stepped in with an offer and he subsequently flipped. Holcombe is the second-lowest rated prospect in Bama’s No. 1 2014 class, but as long as he stays healthy, you can expect him to out-perform several that are rated higher than him during his college career. Just this week, Holcombe put on a show at Alabama-Mississippi All-Star practice. This kid can flat-out play the game and he’s big and plays it fast.

Also the staff is turning up the heat on Miami commit Chad Thomas.
Formerly known as T-Bone

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hadnt even heard anything on Thomas. We need him badly.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Looks like we're trying to recruit that Miami area harder now that we landed Coop.
Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just did a little messing around on the team calculator feature on 247. I added Fournette,Speedy Noil, Clifton Garret, Gerald Willis and Malachi Dupre to LSU's class (5 5*'s) and that would put them at 294 (almost 10 points lower than where we are right now). Marlon,Tabor,Hampton and Elam would send Bama from 303 to 318. Unless Saban leaves and this class falls apart, theres literally no way Bama doesn't finish #1 by a good margin

http://alabama.247sp...Commits/Preview

Allot of crystal ball predictions coming in for Bama on Raekwon McMillan after his in home with Saban (Clemson Writers,Kipp Adams,Barton Simmons,Demetric Warren and Shannon Terry) If Charles Powers switches his pick to us it's gonna get good. He's announcing monday.

Huge recruiting weekend also. Tabor, Fournette and a bunch of commits on campus
Formerly known as T-Bone

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Raekwon McMillan™ @Kwon_daTRUTH
@dmusc5: @Kwon_daTRUTH are you man enough to play in the SEC, if your scared and afraid of playing with the big boys then go to the acc”

Hmmmm......  Sounds like someone has been pitching the SEC and being good enough to beat out the other people on your team for a spot over early playing time.

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Playmaker, on 12 December 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Mothers can be a hard sell.... but I would want my son to go to the school where he felt most comfortable. (if I HAD one!)
Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wonder if those 5*'s were in the room when Saban signed that contract?
Formerly known as T-Bone

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 14 December 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Wonder if those 5*'s were in the room when Saban signed that contract?

Doesn't get more real than that.

Saban's possible best class stays in tact, damn right.

Posted Image