Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Alabama Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2696 replies to this topic

BamaFan425

BamaFan425

Recruiting Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Region is delaying his announcement per BOL.

My take is that Saban told him to announce closer to the next Junior Day so he can make an impression on a few more guys that we give offers at the next Junior Day. I could be totally wrong though.
Posted Image

BamaFan425

BamaFan425

Recruiting Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Spencer Region has decided to announce on Saturday. He WILL announce at noon at Cummings Sporting Goods in Cullman, AL. That was a short postponement. Any relation to Urban Meyer you think? ;)
Posted Image

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There are reports that Region has committed, and will go public later with Bama.  

Other rumblings going on are that Isaiah Crowell is a heavy Bama lean and is close to being a lock for Bama.  This is another special talent, and going to be one of the top RBs in the nation for this class.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't let the Georgia fans see this. His friendship with Gabriel Wright is the biggest reason why he's a Bama lean right now, and not to pile on...but Wright is probably going to commit to Bama early.

Edited by Tider27, 06 February 2010 - 10:24 AM.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This thread is long overdue, we'll use this for rumors, commitments and other news around Alabama recuiting.

The 2010 class had a lot of needs and virtually every one of them were filled by our staff. Coach Saban set out to improve overall team speed and by the looks of the class his goal was reached. In adding burners Blake Sims, Deion Belue, Corey Grant, DeMarcus Milliner, Keiwone Malone and DeAndrew White...the future looks impressive. With new offensive targets and many options in the future returning game, this class should be remembered as an exciting one.

As for where the class ended up finishing in the rankings...

#5 in Rivals
#4 in Scout
#3 in ESPN

Now that the 2010 class is wrapped up, we'll move on to 2011 class. Not only is it shapng up to be a impressive list of prospects, early indications show that it could go down as one of the best classes in history.

Posted Image

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

This thread is long overdue, we'll use this for rumors, commitments and other news around Alabama recuiting.

The 2010 class had a lot of needs and virtually every one of them were filled by our staff. Coach Saban set out to improve overall team speed and by the looks of the class his goal was reached. In adding burners Blake Sims, Deion Belue, Corey Grant, DeMarcus Milliner, Keiwone Malone and DeAndrew White...the future looks impressive. With new offensive targets and many options in the future returning game, this class should be remembered as an exciting one.

As for where the class ended up finishing in the rankings...

#5 in Rivals
#4 in Scout
#3 in ESPN

Now that the 2010 class is wrapped up, we'll move on to 2011 class. Not only is it shapng up to be a impressive list of prospects, early indications show that it could go down as one of the best classes in history.

Yes, Bammers and non Bammers with Bammer recruiting news....please try and keep your Bama recruiting info in this thread.

That means you too UA1322 (see what I did there :D)

Nikon

Nikon

3 of 4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

M2J said:

There are reports that Region has committed, and will go public later with Bama.  

Other rumblings going on are that Isaiah Crowell is a heavy Bama lean and is close to being a lock for Bama.  This is another special talent, and going to be one of the top RBs in the nation for this class.

Man, that kid is impressive.

I like how he runs straight up the gut almost every time. No screwing around, just straight north and south. Very nice! :D

1925  1926  1930  1934  1941 1961  1964  1965 1973 1978 1979  1992  2009  2011 2012

Posted Image

Bo Cognizes

Bo Cognizes

I'm the best, hands down, they nicknamed me 6:30.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

Spencer Region is announcing this Saturday and Reese Dismukes will announce Thursday. Time to jump out to another lead.

Que? :D :D

Just had to mess with ya man.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

ats0001 said:

Que? :D :D

Just had to mess with ya man.

These damn kids are making me look bad. I usually never go out on a limb. :mad:

Posted Image

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tider27 said:

These damn kids are making me look bad. I usually never go out on a limb. :mad:

Well in your defense Tider the Insider, you dind't go out on a limb.  The kid was running around telling people he was going to Bama, including reporting to the services that he has already committed and that his commitment was accepted.

Come to think of it.  This makes him no better than that lame ass kid a couple years ago out west that was announcing between schools like Oregon and Cal or whomever on NSD  and really had no offers at all.    

Well maybe not that lame, but pretty close :o

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted ImageAlabama 2011 CommitmentsPosted Image

Brent Calloway  -   LB  -  6-1 210 4.63  -  Russellville, AL

Marvin Shinn  -  WR  -    6-3 177 4.49  -   Prichard, AL

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

M2J said:

Well in your defense Tider the Insider, you dind't go out on a limb.  The kid was running around telling people he was going to Bama, including reporting to the services that he has already committed and that his commitment was accepted.

Come to think of it.  This makes him no better than that lame ass kid a couple years ago out west that was announcing between schools like Oregon and Cal or whomever on NSD  and really had no offers at all.    

Well maybe not that lame, but pretty close :o

Yeah I honestly thought of the same thing, he looked a lot like that kid. :laugh:

I'm gonna try my best to keep up with the commitments, I'm trying to figure out a way to get the youtube link of their highlights beside the names without it actually showing the video. Do you know how to link the url without it embedding it? :blink:

Posted Image

wildman4ever

wildman4ever
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
SABAN is DA MAN! He only recruits who he thinks will contribute. He attracts attention inside the state and outside the state. He looks for TEAM PLAYERS.
No need for showboats or people wanting to think of themselves as early players. He demands CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS are willing to wait their turn to be prepared to be radically better than the next guy!
SABAN has his on star rating system and recruits based on his evaluation of what position suits a specific player, not necessary what a player thinks he is best at.
If you want to play, he wants to see FIRE IN YOUR EYES for your team!
SABAN said in his MISSION STATEMENT he"wanted teams to hate to play against us"
and he has achieved it. You have to love to be hated by everyone else.
WATCh-OUT for another run at the BCS championship.

BamaFan425

BamaFan425

Recruiting Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

wildman4ever said:

SABAN is DA MAN! He only recruits who he thinks will contribute. He attracts attention inside the state and outside the state. He looks for TEAM PLAYERS.
No need for showboats or people wanting to think of themselves as early players. He demands CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS are willing to wait their turn to be prepared to be radically better than the next guy!
SABAN has his on star rating system and recruits based on his evaluation of what position suits a specific player, not necessary what a player thinks he is best at.
If you want to play, he wants to see FIRE IN YOUR EYES for your team!
SABAN said in his MISSION STATEMENT he"wanted teams to hate to play against us"
and he has achieved it. You have to love to be hated by everyone else.
WATCh-OUT for another run at the BCS championship.

I feel like you're about to rip your shirt off and start yelling "WILD BOYS!"
Posted Image

BamaFan425

BamaFan425

Recruiting Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Cyrus K., freakin' beast.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic