Meet the Gators: Q&A with Early Enrollee Latroy Pittman - Florida News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Meet the Gators: Q&A with Early Enrollee Latroy Pittman

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

gatoraus

gatoraus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Editor’s note: National Signing Day was Wednesday and Gators coach Will Muschamp officially announced the 2012 recruiting class. Six members enrolled early, however, and began classes in January. GatorZone.com continues its series with UFs six early enrollees.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Latroy Pittman verbally committed to Florida prior to his junior season at North Marion High.

The UF football program has undergone a lot of changes since August 2010, but Pittman remained the same when former Gators coach Urban Meyer resigned and Will Muschamp took over.

Despite offers from several of the nation’s top programs, the 6-foot-0, 195-pound receiver remained committed to the Gators.

Pittman also played defensive back at North Marion and was a Class 5A All-State selection as a senior.

Here is our Q&A with Pittman:

Q: What was the key factor in your decision to sign with Florida?

A: People say I committed to Coach Meyer, but I just felt like once he left I had to give the new coach a chance. So once I met Coach Muschamp, I felt like it was still the deal.

Q: What was it about Coach Muschamp that made you feel comfortable and not chase other options?

A: He assured me that I’m the kind of player he wants on his team. Coming in with a new coach, you never know if he wants the same kind of players the old coach wanted. He watched my tape and liked the kind of player I am.

Q: What’s the most memorable moment you’ve had on a football field?

A: I would go back to high school and say my first-ever touchdown. It was against ironically, [Tim] Tebow’s [former school], Nease. It was my freshman year and I was on varsity.

Q: What kind of play was it?

A: It was like fourth down, fourth-and-inches on the goal line and we threw a fade route.

Q: When did you first realize growing up that you might be good enough to earn a Division I scholarship?

A: I would say my sophomore year it hit me hard. All through growing up, you dream of it. But you really see that you can go to college once you get to high school and all the reporters, the limelight, scouts trying to get at you, recruiters calling you.

Q: Who had the most influence on you growing up?

A: I would say my mom [Thywarnis], just seeing her struggle all through her life. Actually, my whole family, we never had anything and it’s just driving me to be a better player and better person. I’m actually the first person to ever go to college or university in my family, so it’s really a big thing. I’m just trying to make everyone proud of me.

Q: What’s a talent other than football that people might not know about?

A: I’m just a really laid-back guy. I make people laugh a lot, so you could say I’m a jokester.

Q: How would you describe yourself as a player?

A: I’m just physical; I have a motor that is going to go 100 percent. I’m not about myself, I’m about the team. I’ll do whatever coach wants to do to get a win, if it’s blocking, playing kickoff return, I’m out there doing it.

Posted Image
Posted Image