GHOSTS - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

GHOSTS

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVader, on 02 February 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Hell, that thread was from at least two, maybe three years ago. To give you an idea, the house I grew up in and lived in until six years ago is (or was) extremely haunted. There were at least four ghosts there that I know of... my great grandmother,great grandfather, grandmother and mother. The haunting started back in the early 60's with the death of my great grandfather and continued until very recently and may still be going on as far as I know. My brother lives there now but the placed was gutted by fire just before Christmas and is in the process of being rebuilt.

I've got several stories of encounters I've had with them and there are a number of people who have encountered them as well. There is more than one person who came in there thinking I was full of shit and leaving (once in the middle of the night) finding out different.

that thread freaked me out
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pictures from a local middle school teacher in my hometown.  This is a previous student in their home.  Could it be a fake?!?!  I guess but it freaks me out.

Attached Files

2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Closeup w/out the student.

Attached Files

Edited by SECats, 02 February 2012 - 11:04 PM.

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
DAMN!!!!!!

I got the willies now.  Gunna finish World War Z and hit the hay.  'Nite!

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Still not as scary as a second Obama term.  Just sayin'......

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 02 February 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

that thread freaked me out
If I have time tomorrow I'll recount some of what all has gone on there for those who were not here back then.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I do not believe in ghosts.

Well, except perhaps the ghost of Johnny Vaught who continues to haunt Ole Miss HC's. A fine tradition since 1973!!!!

:trollface:

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Only time i ever heard of a ghost hurting anybody was in the movies. Yet wierd shiv has happened to let me know there is a better chance of ghosts being real than those 4 idiots finding bigfoot. I can't explain lights that turn on and off by itself and the switch moving. I can't explain watching the hot water knob turn off while I am taking a shower. I can't explain one book jumping off a wall full of hundreds of books to the table 15 feet away, I can't explain noises so loud you woulda thought the grandfather clock fell over and shattered but nothing is moved or broke when you get there, nor can I explain why you hear 25 creaks coming up the stairs and there are only 25 steps. Can't explain any of that. All I know is they never showed up in the night to rip my eyes out or possess me so its no big deal either way.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postw00k, on 02 February 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

They're called ::: vybes ::: dude.

::: vybes ::: of past brahs and w00kettes.

summer turr is a rough lyph phans.

what are you

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is that fat chick with the phone supposed to be a ghost?  I don't get it.

No such thing people.  You die, you become worm food, eventually you rot into the soil.  That is unless you choose cremation and do away with all those years of decay.

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Μoderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Vader, this it?

View PostVader, on 12 January 2010 - 06:23 AM, said:

Alright... want to hear something to scare you? Well maybe this will and maybe it won't. But either way it is true and I actually did live it. First some background......

The home I grew up in was built by my grand parents (mother's side) in 1962. This home was not built on any old cemetery nor any old Indian burial ground. The only thing I know about the land is that it had been in my family since before the turn of the century. Anyway, soon after my grand parents built the house my grand mother's parents moved in with them due to them being too old to care for themselves (about 1963 I think). Sadly they both died within a year or so and as was the custom in rurual northern Alabama at that time both funerals were held at the house. Soon after they had both died is when things started to happen. My grand mother thinks it was her mother doing things, how she knew this I'll never know becasue whoever was in the hallway was never seen. What she would do is run up and down the hallway, mostly at night but sometimes during the day. You could hear it pretty clearly since the house had hardwood floors. Any time someone would close a bedroom door she would open it soon after. This was pretty much all that would happen until 1974.

I was born in 1973. I was the second child. My older brother was born in 1971. Sad to admit this but my parents were pretty much hippies. Don't really know much about either of them other than they lived there with my grand mother (my grand father had died in 1967). Both my parents were killed in a car accident along with my uncle on my mother's side two weeks after my 1st birthday. That's why I really don't know much about them. About 4 years later is when my mother started to be seen in the house. She never said anything nor did she ever move. Like my great grand mother she almost always appeared in the hallway. She would simply stand there for a few moments and always was wearing a whit dress with red roses. According to my grand mother this is what she was wearing when she was buried.  My brother was the first to see her. Not sure of what year it was but I do remember that I was not in school yet so it was some time around 1977 or 1978. Soon after one of our neighbors saw her wile they were over for a visit. I however never saw her until years later.

After the death of my parents my grand mother adopted my brother and me. That is how I came to live here after my parents were killed. Growing up I did not think too much of the frequent sounds of my great grand mother in the hallway nor the fact that if we closed a bedroom door it would open up pretty quickly. It was simply something that happened and we moved on with our lives. Things went on pretty much like this until my grand mother died in 1988. When this happened both me and my brother had to drift from home to home of relatives on our father's side (nobody was left from mother's side). We drifted like this until 1992 when I bought my brother's half of the house and moved back in. The house had sat empty since my grand mother's death.

It was then that things took a odd turn. I had got married not long before moving in and soon my wife started having dreams of an old woman coming into our room and waking her up. At first she never said anything but would just stand there looking at her. However, one time she did speak. According to my then wife all she said was "if you bring a baby into the marriage, I'll take it". Then she walked into the closet and was gone. Really freaked my then wife out. Another new development was September 27th. This date hold no importance that I am aware of. No births, or deaths in my family fall on September 27th. But for some reason on that night every year they would all go nuts. Pretty much all night you could hear walking and running. You could hear drawers opening and closing. Sometimes they would take pictures off the wall and others they would go through the closets. no idea why they did this or why they picked this one night a year to do it.

My then wife and I divorced not long after we were married. just got married too young. I lived there alone for a few years other than when a buddy from work moved in to be a roommate. They did not bother him much but he was freaked out by the September 27th thing. It was wile he lived there that I started to work third shift so most night I was not there to hear or see what happened at night. I did have one encounter during the day though. I'm not 100% sure about this one though becasue I was asleep when it happened. It was the middle of the day and I was in bed. I heard a noise that woke me up. I sat up in the bed and could clearly hear a woman crying. The sound was coming from the corner of the room, might have been the closet. The cry was sort of low and the only way I can describe it is like someone that had been crying for along time and was now more of a sobbing than anything else. It could have been a dream but it seemed too real to have been just a dream.

In 1997 I remarried to my current wife. She took the goings-on in the house in stride for the most part. She only had one encounter with my grand mother. It was pretty much the same as my ex-wife. My grand mother cam into the room and woke her up. According to my wife she was crying and said "This is why I came back" and then she walked into the closet. It was around this time that I to finally saw my mother like many people had in the past. But instead of the hallway she was standing in the living room. I walked in from the dining room and she was standing in the middle of the room. Never said anything jsut stood there. I admit I froze and then basically jumped back around the corner into the dining room. When I peeked around the corner she was gone.

We sold the house back to my brother in 2006. He still lives there and things still go on. There are other minor stories about the house. But this that I've posted is the jest of it. As far as we know there are three ghosts there. My mother, grand mother, and great grand mother.

You don't have to believe this and I cannot make anyone believe it. But like I said. I lived it.

Edited by drsutphin, 03 February 2012 - 08:56 AM.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdrsutphin, on 03 February 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Vader, this it?

Yep you found it. The only major new occurrence since then is my great grandfather, at least that's who my brother said it was. He lives there alone now. About a year ago he told me he was sitting in his living room watching TV one night. He noticed some movement out of the corner of his vision in the hallway and when he looked he saw a tall skinny very old man in a black suit who appeared to be walking away from him down the hallway. He went into the bedroom at the end of the hall. He never saw his face but from the description of a tall skinny old man he surmised it had to be our great grandfather.

He's told me about other minor things happening since we moved out. Mostly little things like waking up and finding things moved around, odd noises and hearing them shift through clothes hanging the closest (they, or at least one of them really likes doing that). He's a long haul truck driver so he's not there a whole lot so really don't know what all goes on in there most of the time. I'm not even sure if they still go nuts on the night of September 27th like they did when we lived there years ago.

Edited by Vader, 03 February 2012 - 09:10 AM.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ever heard of a male ghost haunting the women's showers at the local gym? no? that's how you know it's bullshite
Posted Image

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have had a couple first-hand experiences where some very strange/unexplainable things happened. Then, I had one experience that will seriously stay with me for the rest of my life. Behind my church, not far back into some woods, lies an unmarked family cemetery that has been dated back to the 19th century. My roommates and I decide to go check it out, and sure enough, there are around 6-8 unmarked headstones in this small opening, with larger stones for adults and smaller ones for children that had passed on.

I was fine until I walked over to one of the smaller headstones, when I started feeling really sad and like I shouldn't be there. So, we all decide to head back to the car, and as we walk out of the woods, every single one of us hear the voice of a young girl singing "Ring Around the Rosie." Now, 2 of my roommates do not believe in the paranormal, and they will swear up and down that this is what we heard, and we heard it all at the same exact time.

After hanging out at the dorm a while, I go to bed. Once I fall asleep I begin dreaming. I rarely remember my dreams, so when I do they are very vivid. I dreamt that I witnessed the death of a young girl in a home. After seeing the girl pass on, I continued towards what I assume is my house. Immediately I feel as if I am being watched, so I rush to my house and get inside and hurry to my bed where I lay face down. Then the girl is there and she begins to stab me over and over in my back.

When I wake up, I feel as if I had been punch in my back right as I woke up. So I walk into the living room of my dorm and ask my roommates if any of them had messed with me in my sleep, which they hadn't as my door had been locked. So as I turn to walk back into my room, they all start freaking out. I had scratches all down my back, in directions that my arms cannot reach (eliminating the idea of me scratching myself in my sleep).

Believe it or not, my roommates will attest to it, and I will always remember it. It was a wild experience that directly connects everything that happened the evening before.

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Μoderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVader, on 03 February 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Yep you found it. The only major new occurrence since then is my great grandfather, at least that's who my brother said it was. He lives there alone now. About a year ago he told me he was sitting in his living room watching TV one night. He noticed some movement out of the corner of his vision in the hallway and when he looked he saw a tall skinny very old man in a black suit who appeared to be walking away from him down the hallway. He went into the bedroom at the end of the hall. He never saw his face but from the description of a tall skinny old man he surmised it had to be our great grandfather.

He's told me about other minor things happening since we moved out. Mostly little things like waking up and finding things moved around, odd noises and hearing them shift through clothes hanging the closest (they, or at least one of them really likes doing that). He's a long haul truck driver so he's not there a whole lot so really don't know what all goes on in there most of the time. I'm not even sure if they still go nuts on the night of September 27th like they did when we lived there years ago.

Step 1) Purchase camcorders
Step 2) Videotape these occurances
Step 3) ????
Step 4) Profit.