Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Paterno is dead......or is he?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Joe Pa's carrer changed more lives for the better than any ripple effect felt from the Sandusky incident, period.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ivan Maisel, spot on again.

http://espn.go.com/c...cy-more-scandal
Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
RIP

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just cannot judge a man's entire life on one mistake.....an action that he didn't take part in.  We all screw up and sometimes relationships with people can make us turn a blind eye to serious situations.  We don't even know the entire truth.  And for that, I will not sit here and badmouth the guy.  He did a lot of good in his life too

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 22 January 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

I just cannot judge a man's entire life on one mistake.....an action that he didn't take part in.  We all screw up and sometimes relationships with people can make us turn a blind eye to serious situations.  We don't even know the entire truth.  And for that, I will not sit here and badmouth the guy.  He did a lot of good in his life too

http://mobile.al.com...ntguid=5PRFTQ6O
That's pretty much what Nick said.  I agree,  IDK why JP didn't do more, but the man devoted his entire life to college football and helped a lot of people.  He is dead now and his legacy is the entire work, not just the negative parts.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 22 January 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Joe Pa's carrer changed more lives for the better than any ripple effect felt from the Sandusky incident, period.

Tell that to the 10 year old boys that were raped because Joe protected the university.

RTR
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 22 January 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Tell that to the 10 year old boys that were raped because Joe protected the university.

RTR
Still doesn't dismiss my point.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I respect what the man did on the field, but his inaction along with the other staffers and administration is unforgiveable.  They knowingly allowed a child molestor to victimize children on campus under their watch.  There are things more important in life than football.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 22 January 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I respect what the man did on the field, but his inaction along with the other staffers and administration is unforgiveable.  They knowingly allowed a child molestor to victimize children on campus under their watch.  There are things more important in life than football.
Joe Pa changed a lot of lives for the better outside of football.  Like I said, a life is complex.  If you want the Sandusky incident to define Joe Pa, that's your choice, just as anyone who doesn't believe his inaction defines his legacy has that choice.  Ultimately, he's in a place where none of our petty judgements matter.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 22 January 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Joe Pa changed a lot of lives for the better outside of football.  Like I said, a life is complex.  If you want the Sandusky incident to define Joe Pa, that's your choice, just as anyone who doesn't believe his inaction defines his legacy has that choice.  Ultimately, he's in a place where none of our petty judgements matter.

Nope, ours don't.  Just God's.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Exactly
Posted Image

Apes

Apes
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The media is what killed him, not the scandal or cancer.

First off, no one knows the full truth. We all know how the media twist things to their own advantage.
Second, if it had NOT been blown so out of proportion by the media, the stress would have been half the weight.

I feel bad for the whole situation. I understand what we have been told happened but to think coach knew about the whole thing and did nothing about it goes against everything he spent his life fighting for.
Posted Image