Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Donte' Williams Steps Up In A Big Way Against Vols

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jan. 18, 2012

When his team has needed him, Donte’ Williams has stepped up. Against Tennessee on Wednesday night, Williams took huge steps up to the basket, as he helped Georgia to a 57-53 overtime win.

During the overtime period, Williams’ dunk tied the game at 50 and then a layup plus a foul helped seal the win after the Bulldogs pulled down the rebound from his missed free throw to keep the ball in their possession with under a minute to go.

“When I saw my defender go to help, Gerald (Robinson) threw the ball,” Williams said of his last offensive play. “I knew that I had to finish and that it was crunch time.”

The game was a competitive battle for the sophomore and his teammates, as a feisty Tennessee team kept the game close. However, with the win Georgia earns its first SEC victory of the season.

“We felt like we needed to win badly,” Williams said. “We didn’t want to dig ourselves in a deep hole, so we worked hard all week.  We just had to use the hard work and it paid off in the final minutes.”

Williams’ production on the court is showing in his stats. Already this season he has surpassed his numbers from last season as he averages 7.5 points and 5.2 rebounds. For the game against the Vols, Williams recorded 11 points, second highest on the team, along with a team-high eight boards.

“Every day I’m just trying to get better and learn,” Williams said. “Last year I didn’t play many minutes, so each and everyday I’m just trying to be a better teammate and help my team to a win.”

Not only is Williams improving, but he can see his team improving as well as the season moves forward.

“We have a young team with a lot of guys who aren’t experienced, but I think each and every game we are coming together and getting better,” Williams said. “I think a lot of guys are starting to click.”

With a win under their belts, the Bulldogs look toward their next opponent in Ole Miss on Saturday. Williams hopes to see his team carry this win with them as they take on the Rebels and future opponents.

“It’s just a new day and a new game so we just have to come back and play hard again for another 40 minutes or more,” Williams said. “We just have to keep working hard and keep getting better.”

Posted Image
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER