So much for the BB Vols easing our misery! - Tennessee Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

So much for the BB Vols easing our misery!

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I guess at least they're competitive, but geesh! Choking hard to the likes of Austin Peay and blowing a big lead to Charleston....
I wonder if the basketball cellar looks any different from the football cellar?
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Welcome back to Buzzball. CCM had got to get this team better fast if he wants to stay. This is pathetic.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks for dragging our RPI down.

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJL 103, on 16 December 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

Welcome back to Buzzball. CCM had got to get this team better fast if he wants to stay. This is pathetic.

Well, my comments were more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. I actually like alot of what I'm seeing out of this team at times, they just can't seem to do things right consistently. They look great in spurts, and absolutely putrid in spurts. I suppose the same could be stated for just about every team out there, but....
I think he's still trying to get the team to "buy-in" to his program. Sure seems to me that they are way more successful when attacking the rim. They just don't have any pure shooters to be taking as many tres as they do. McBee being the only exception but he's such a liability on the defensive end that you can only get him limited minutes. Not only are they missing those long-range shots our transition defense is pretty terrible which leads to way too many easy points for the opposition.
They just need to slow things down and play smarter all around in my opinion.
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postvolimhtown, on 20 December 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

Well, my comments were more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. I actually like alot of what I'm seeing out of this team at times, they just can't seem to do things right consistently. They look great in spurts, and absolutely putrid in spurts. I suppose the same could be stated for just about every team out there, but....
I think he's still trying to get the team to "buy-in" to his program. Sure seems to me that they are way more successful when attacking the rim. They just don't have any pure shooters to be taking as many tres as they do. McBee being the only exception but he's such a liability on the defensive end that you can only get him limited minutes. Not only are they missing those long-range shots our transition defense is pretty terrible which leads to way too many easy points for the opposition.
They just need to slow things down and play smarter all around in my opinion.

Buzz had the save problem in reverse. Had the shooters but no inside presence. I understand that the players have to "buy in" but losing doesn't help.

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2011 - 09:32 AM, said:

Thanks for dragging our RPI down.
OT:  If your avatar isn't the official UF Christmas card I will be seriously bummed out.