Mizzou Recruiting - Page 5 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 5

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Mizzou Recruiting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 04 December 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I know that we have a couple of recruits coming in but I'm still worried. I hope that you are right. I really hope that we can get Chaney an h can help with recruiting with his SEC tes. Also aren't most of the visiting recruits on the defensive side?

yes and arguably that's what we need, our offense is effing loaded next year with who we have coming off injury, and our O-line gets a bit older and experienced, Darius White is eligible to replace a WR, most of our WRs will be highly experienced and we have 5 potential quarterbacks one of which is a high school all star record setter and another who is a Senior.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 04 December 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

yes and arguably that's what we need, our offense is effing loaded next year with who we have coming off injury, and our O-line gets a bit older and experienced, Darius White is eligible to replace a WR, most of our WRs will be highly experienced and we have 5 potential quarterbacks one of which is a high school all star record setter and another who is a Senior.
We have enough playmakers on offense to be an amazing offense. I am worried about the defensive side. We don't have enough talent or depth to compete. Our recruiting on the defensive side is the difference for the next couple of years. I hope you are right about the recruits that are visiting being set on Mizzou.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Defensive End Dimarya Mixon has just committed.
http://rivals.yahoo....ya-Mixon-133165
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Three star TE Jason Reese committed.
http://rivals.yahoo....on-Reese-137220

Edit: I don't think it happened. I think that he just decommitted from ASU. Those :lanekiffin: ers on TigerBoard lied.

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 09 December 2012 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Four star recruit Nick Ramirez just changed his commit to Kansas State.
http://rivals.yahoo....-Ramirez-128792
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Taken from the Mizzou forum on STLToday:

"A couple of pieces of recruiting Info.

1. Mizzou is expected to get a verbal from Travis Johnson who is rated as high as the 3rd best TE in the nation. Johnson de-committed from Miami and his mom expects him to commit to Mizzou.
http://www.tampabay....dering-u/16089/

This would be a huge score for Mizzou, he holds an offer from pretty much everybody
http://rivals.yahoo....-Johnson-127082

2. Markus Golden is doing his best to get his former Hutchinson CC team mates Toby Johnson and Ben Bradley to Mizzou. Heard that Bradley really was impressed with his visit last week. However the former Georgia recruit Johnson is still holding out hope that Georgia offers him.

3. Reece has been tweeting with Mixon and it sounds like Reece will commit after the Holiday.
It also looks like his two Trinity teammates are going to have to wait until Missouri gets a better feel for what Toby Johnson, Bradley, Augusta, and Billings are going to do.

Toby Johnson and Bradley could sign LOI as early as Wednesday, Dec 19th.

4. Donovahn Jones visited Minnesota last weekend and his father has said that Mizzou is clearly his sons favorite.

5. Also heard that Aarion Penton is an absolute rocket and a very good score for Mizzou. Have heard that Penton, Abbington, Beisel, Gill, and Abeln are truly proud to me going to their state school and are pushing Mizzou hard to other high school players. Great to hear players in this state raising the flag of their state school."

Read more: http://interact.stlt...0#ixzz2FWKzbQe8
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ESPN 300 Josh Augusta silently committed via twitter to Mizzou Sunday night... His presence will be huge for our D-line who will feel the loss of Sheldon Richardson.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 21 January 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

ESPN 300 Josh Augusta silently committed via twitter to Mizzou Sunday night... His presence will be huge for our D-line who will feel the loss of Sheldon Richardson.
Good to hear, we better finish in the top 10 in the SEC for recruiting.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Things are looking better for us to get Ezekiel Elliot. He was told by Ohio State that they would not recruit any other running backs and they had a running back recruit at Ohio State this weekend. He visited Mizzou and liked the visit. http://www.usatodayh...to-make--359342
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Joshua Outlaw will be visiting tomorrow.
http://rivals.yahoo....a-Outlaw-133435
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It is good to see us making an effort at some good players. We are going after Travis Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, and Joshua Outlaw. They were committed to Miami, Ohio State, and Florida.

@MizzouMark and @chunkybeefstu are either of you members of a paysite? I was wondering what info is on there. I don't follow recruiting too close just read some on TigerBoard and STLToday.
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 27 January 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

It is good to see us making an effort at some good players. We are going after Travis Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, and Joshua Outlaw. They were committed to Miami, Ohio State, and Florida.

@MizzouMark and @chunkybeefstu are either of you members of a paysite? I was wondering what info is on there. I don't follow recruiting too close just read some on TigerBoard and STLToday.

Member on 2 paysites, but only keeping my rivals activated right now... EZE is our best bet right now, his parents both played for Mizzou, and they accompanied him on his visit this weekend and he recieved as Gabe on Rivals put it the Dorial treatment and is said to be 50/50 right now.  His parents are friends with rivals members and they are reporting that they were blown away with their mizzou visit and have always wanted him to go there, but are leaving it in his hands... His OSU commitment was made purely because Urban Meyer met him in person at his school and offered him... he has no other ties to OSU than that... He has told PowerMizzou that he is not doing interviews until signing day... To me that bodes well for us, but it will be a wait and see situation just like it was with Dorial.

Outlaw is on his way home from a visit to OU, he is a previous Florida commit... Little info is known right now except Mizzou is one of the schools in his final list of 5.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 27 January 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Member on 2 paysites, but only keeping my rivals activated right now... EZE is our best bet right now, his parents both played for Mizzou, and they accompanied him on his visit this weekend and he recieved as Gabe on Rivals put it the Dorial treatment and is said to be 50/50 right now.  His parents are friends with rivals members and they are reporting that they were blown away with their mizzou visit and have always wanted him to go there, but are leaving it in his hands... His OSU commitment was made purely because Urban Meyer met him in person at his school and offered him... he has no other ties to OSU than that... He has told PowerMizzou that he is not doing interviews until signing day... To me that bodes well for us, but it will be a wait and see situation just like it was with Dorial.

Outlaw is on his way home from a visit to OU, he is a previous Florida commit... Little info is known right now except Mizzou is one of the schools in his final list of 5.
Yeah, I knew that Elliot's parent went to Mizzou and they wanted him to go here. I heard he loved the visit and he really liked the MIZ-EZE chant. His visit seemed to be very similar to DGB's. The big thing with him is that OSU is having a running back visit and he was told that he would be the only one in their recruiting class. I was wondering more about the other two. You know anything on Johnson?

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 27 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 27 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I knew that Elliot's parent went to Mizzou and they wanted him to go here. I heard he loved the visit and he really liked the MIZ-EZE chant. His visit seemed to be very similar to DGB's. The big thing with him is that OSU is having a running back visit and he was told that he would be the only one in their recruiting class. I was wondering more about the other two. You know anything on Johnson?

Board not really buzzing over Johnson if I remember right he was ready to commit to Mizzou in December, but our Coaching staff was slow playing him in hopes of someone else and now it looks like we will miss both... Still an outside shot of landing him... I will have to go dig through some old threads to find out for sure, but I think he was the one we slow played.

Board was crying bloody murder over it too if I remember right

Edited by MizzouMark, 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Are those the only remaining possible recruits?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users