Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

news flash....dan mullen great recruiter

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Did I just read the argument that Mullen got us to a bowl this year too, so we should be happy?  Every coach in the conference except Joker, Dooley, and Nutt got their team to a bowl.  Hardly the gold standard.
Posted Image

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldog17, on 28 November 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

The fact is that it doesn't matter if he's the greatest recruiter in NCAA football.  

What happens if he's the worst?

mrw216

mrw216

State alum, Future Texas Aggie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 28 November 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

What happens if he's the worst?

See 2004-2008 for answer to previous question.
Wrap It in Maroon and White... The Mississippi kind.

You can send a Bulldog to Aggieland, but you can't turn him into an Aggie.  Hail State!

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have a serious question for my fellow dawgs. How can you be so naive as to think we can let mullen go and be fine? For one thing I love the attitude Mullen brought to MSU. For the first time in my life,well since Jackie to us took the sec championship, I have felt we stood a chance in every single game we played. As Mullen made stupid decisions that I don't agree with? Yes! Has Mullen made paly calls that made me scream in anger? Yes! Has Mullen owned TSUN since he got here? YES!! I think Mullen has been great to this school and I don't want him to leave and have to start over so quickly. Call me a Mullenite or whatever ,but I remeber Maine,I remeber 45-0 croom days ,and I don't want to go back to that ever.

Edited by BulldawgFan, 28 November 2011 - 08:04 PM.

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 28 November 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

I have a serious question for my fellow dawgs. How can you be so naive as to think we can let mullen go and be fine?

I don't know that we will be fine but life goes on.  I trust Stricklin to go out and hire a replacement who fits MSU and who will be as good or better on the field...

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If Mullen's smart, he doesn't go to Penn State,
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgatorjm7, on 28 November 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

Granted, like others have said, is it much worse than Tuscaloosa or Gainesville? Probably not. Tuscaloosa has the winning tradition though. And Gainesville is Florida even though it's not even that Florida-y of a city.

Wait, I thought there were only white sandy beaches and palm trees in Florida?
I LOL when people come here and realize that 90% of the state is farms and groves.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 28 November 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

I have a serious question for my fellow dawgs. How can you be so naive as to think we can let mullen go and be fine? For one thing I love the attitude Mullen brought to MSU. For the first time in my life,well since Jackie to us took the sec championship, I have felt we stood a chance in every single game we played. As Mullen made stupid decisions that I don't agree with? Yes! Has Mullen made paly calls that made me scream in anger? Yes! Has Mullen owned TSUN since he got here? YES!! I think Mullen has been great to this school and I don't want him to leave and have to start over so quickly. Call me a Mullenite or whatever ,but I remeber Maine,I remeber 45-0 croom days ,and I don't want to go back to that ever.

Or Troy.  Or Tulane.  Or Jackie's later years.  I guess we shouldn't be happy to go to a bowl since anyone can get into them these days. ***

FIRE EVERYONE

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this stuff usually just rolls off the back so when/if mullen leaves, i feel 10 times better about our situation now than when mullen first got here...i dont want mullen to leave at all even though i wish he would hire an OC and ST coach...but im not going to freak out at every rumor EVERY YEAR...

Posted Image

GTHOM

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJ-Dawg, on 28 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

Or Troy.  Or Tulane.  Or Jackie's later years.  I guess we shouldn't be happy to go to a bowl since anyone can get into them these days. ***

I'm thrilled to go to a bowl but it means a lot more to go bowling for most of our history than it does now.  Any Tom, Dick, and Harry can get into a bowl by scheduling patsies.  Look guys, I like Mullen as much as the rest of you do, but he didn't do 2.65 million dollar work this year.  Doesn't mean I want him fired, just means I expect more
Posted Image

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He will not go to Penn State, mainly because they will not offer him.  Just like every other rumor, he hasn't been offered any jobs.  Florida didn't want him, Miami didn't want him.  I have enjoyed almost all of having Mullen here, he's good enough to build the program and not good enough to be quickly hired away.

The perfect fit for MSU.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbluelightstar, on 28 November 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

I'm thrilled to go to a bowl but it means a lot more to go bowling for most of our history than it does now.  Any Tom, Dick, and Harry can get into a bowl by scheduling patsies.  Look guys, I like Mullen as much as the rest of you do, but he didn't do 2.65 million dollar work this year.  Doesn't mean I want him fired, just means I expect more

I know, BLS.  I see you didn't see my sarcastericks.  Everyone knows you demand perfection.  At least you are consistent to all of our coaches.

FIRE EVERYONE

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
car-dub makes a good point.  My mom freaked out and called me this morning because she read a Mullen to PSU rumor.  I had to explain to her that if he left, we had the leaders in place now to make another awesome hire.  I fully believe that if/when he leaves, we'll be fine.

FIRE EVERYONE

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The only people going to PSU are people who want to make some quick $$ and are prepared to get fired in a couple years after everything has blown over...

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You know... JoePa being there for so long may hurt them.  They haven't even had to think about hiring a new head coach in forever.

FIRE EVERYONE