Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

news flash....dan mullen great recruiter

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this made me laugh.....
" I know the Gator fans went nuts when Addazio was the OC and wanted Mullen back in a big way. Mullen is also a great recruiter."

http://bwi.rivals.co...sid=890&style=2

some ass hat on a penn state site says mullen is a great recruiter.  lol...priceless.

either way, looks like the penn state talk is heating up a bit.  i think dan is interviewing today.  or thats what the interwebs are saying.
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm at the point I don't give a damn anymore.  If he goes, go hire Hudspeth and find another OC....

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's going to happen as long as little old MSU is going to bowl games.  May as well get used to it.  We have played 112 seasons of football at MSU.  We are just now going to our 16th bowl.  So, basically, we have a .500 record or better roughly 15% of the time.  We average going to a bowl every 7th year.  In 3 years, he's taken us to 2.  Regardless of how bad his recruiting sucks, folks are going to notice that.

FIRE EVERYONE

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJ-Dawg, on 28 November 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

We have played 112 seasons of football at MSU.  We are just now going to our 16th bowl.  So, basically, we have a .500 record or better roughly 15% of the time.

Don't forget that for a long time, going .500 or even having a winning record didn't guarantee a bowl.  It's only the last few years where there are nearly as many bowl bids as teams...

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJ-Dawg, on 28 November 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

It's going to happen as long as little old MSU is going to bowl games.  May as well get used to it.  We have played 112 seasons of football at MSU.  We are just now going to our 16th bowl.  So, basically, we have a .500 record or better roughly 15% of the time.  We average going to a bowl every 7th year.  In 3 years, he's taken us to 2.  Regardless of how bad his recruiting sucks, folks are going to notice that.

With smart OOC scheduling, you could go more often.  4 easy wins with KY and OM on the schedule every year.  Pick up a win over Aub/Arky/SC/GA/Florida/Vandy every now and then and you are just about guaranteed a 6-6 season each year.  Screw playing WV, Oregon, GT, etc.  Templeton bullshit

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 28 November 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Don't forget that for a long time, going .500 or even having a winning record didn't guarantee a bowl.  It's only the last few years where there are nearly as many bowl bids as teams...

Yes, I should have said these facts aren't accurate because of that and the fact that early on there were no bowls.  The main point (that 99% of posters on here with 1 exception can understand) remains.

FIRE EVERYONE

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJ-Dawg, on 28 November 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

Yes, I should have said these facts aren't accurate because of that and the fact that early on there were no bowls.  The main point (that 99% of posters on here with 1 exception can understand) remains.

View PostJ-Dawg, on 28 November 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

Dude, just admit you are obsessed with me. This is getting out of hand. BLS, give out a warning or something to these trolls.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKnoxvilleDawg, on 28 November 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

BLS, give out a warning

Lol.

gatorjm7

gatorjm7
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No offense, but Starkville isn't really a place a ton of big time recruits are dying to go regardless of how good the program is. Tough be labeled as a 'great' recruiter when you pulling kids to the middle of Mississippi.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgatorjm7, on 28 November 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

No offense, but Starkville isn't really a place a ton of big time recruits are dying to go regardless of how good the program is. Tough be labeled as a 'great' recruiter when you pulling kids to the middle of Mississippi.

BETTER WATCH YO MOUTH.  THIS IS OUR STATE AND WE ARE SPREADING THE FUN

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgatorjm7, on 28 November 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

That's definitely a hurdle and I know you meant nothing about it... but when's the last time you visited Starkville or the MSU campus?  Just an honest question.  I can think of several equal/worse college towns with equal/better football programs.  Stark/MSU isn't even the same place as it was when I was a freshman in 2006.

Edited by J-Dawg, 28 November 2011 - 04:16 PM.

FIRE EVERYONE

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's sure enough not the same place it was when I was a freshman in 2001...

Bulldog17

Bulldog17
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The fact is that it doesn't matter if he's the greatest recruiter in NCAA football.  It's the locations lack of appeal.  The programs lack of appeal.

Like i've said before, top talent doesn't want to help drive the train to Atlanta, most are lazy and want to jump on the easy ride to the SECCG and BCSCG with the likes of LSU, UA, UGA, etc.

Starkville IMO, is a nice campus, but location is lacking.  I'm not saying that it is any more or less crappy than say Tuscaloosa, but i also would say that Tuscaloosa isn't  the Ritz Carlton either.

Edited by Bulldog17, 28 November 2011 - 04:24 PM.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
First I've heard of it. If he does, we'll hire Hudspeth and keep right on trucking.
Posted Image

gatorjm7

gatorjm7
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJ-Dawg, on 28 November 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

That's definitely a hurdle and I know you meant nothing about it... but when's the last time you visited Starkville or the MSU campus?  Just an honest question.  I can think of several equal/worse college towns with equal/better football programs.  Stark/MSU isn't even the same place as it was when I was a freshman in 2006.

Honestly, I've never been. I've heard really great things about the campus. I've also heard "meh" about the surrounding area. The main point of my post is just that he's facing an uphill battle there. Even the name Starkville doesn't churn out the most beautiful imagery.

Granted, like others have said, is it much worse than Tuscaloosa or Gainesville? Probably not. Tuscaloosa has the winning tradition though. And Gainesville is Florida even though it's not even that Florida-y of a city.