Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Brad Edwards: Arky might not jump LSU

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,494
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,431
Brad Edwards was on the Sports Animal today, he said that even if Arkansas beats LSU, that they might not jump them in the BCS. I have not found a way to prove what he said, I might be able to find a podcast when they get it online. Until then, here is an article that is similar to what Brad said today.

http://bleacherrepor...e-all-questions
Striker.jpg

#4 Oklahoma 4-0 (1-0) @ #25 TCU 3-0 Oct 4th

#2
HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,714
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    969
He has said it on ESPN as well.  That would be bullshit.
Posted Image

#3
Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

    'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,101
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,925

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 21 November 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Brad Edwards was on the Sports Animal today, he said that even if Arkansas beats LSU, that they might not jump them in the BCS. I have not found a way to prove what he said, I might be able to find a podcast when they get it online. Until then, here is an article that is similar to what Brad said today.

http://bleacherrepor...e-all-questions
If that truly becomes the case, we'll just have to console ourselves with the fact that we beat #1 LSU in Baton Rouge. Again. Posted Image.

#4
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,494
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,431
Im not biased in this situation, but, that would be twice it has happened to Arkansas....that is BS.
Striker.jpg

#4 Oklahoma 4-0 (1-0) @ #25 TCU 3-0 Oct 4th

#5
HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,714
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    969
However I would be ecstatic if we didnt jump LSU...but we jumped Bama... :trollface:
Posted Image

#6
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,287
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    14,589

View PostHmanHunt, on 21 November 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

However I would be ecstatic if we didnt jump LSU...but we jumped Bama... :trollface:


Really aren't that far behind us as I thought it would be, man would I be pissed. The BCS would officially be done though, that's for sure.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#7
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,250
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,148
I mean..... you can't exactly put Ark ahead of Bama seeing as how Bama took them to the wood shed.....LSU has had the harder schedule by far.....

Not sayin they shouldn't, but what are you going to do? Put LSU at 2 and Bama at three? IMO thats not exactly fair to Bama. And if you put LSU at number 3 thats not fair to LSU.

All this does not matter as LSU will likely win Sat

#8
damnimgood

damnimgood

    Is That a Corndog

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,046
  • Joined:
    Dec 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    145
He said that Bama would move to #1 and LSU may just drop to #2. It would depend on the human vote. He did say that LSU would definitely be higher than Arkansas in the computer poll.

#9
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,250
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,148

View Postdamnimgood, on 21 November 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

He said that Bama would move to #1 and LSU may just drop to #2. It would depend on the human vote. He did say that LSU would definitely be higher than Arkansas in the computer poll.

Makes sense to me....at that point you have to consider SOS which I haven't looked at but I would think LSU would have that won

Also, seeing as how LSU has to play another ranked team in Atl, makes even more sense.

Edited by GatorHater24, 21 November 2011 - 06:38 PM.


#10
eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

    Gagging Order

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,802
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,369

View PostGatorHater24, on 21 November 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

I mean..... you can't exactly put Ark ahead of Bama seeing as how Bama took them to the wood shed.....LSU has had the harder schedule by far.....

Not sayin they shouldn't, but what are you going to do? Put LSU at 2 and Bama at three? IMO thats not exactly fair to Bama. And if you put LSU at number 3 thats not fair to LSU.

All this does not matter as LSU will likely win Sat

So what's the fair situation for Arkansas if we win?

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


#11
FearTheTusk

FearTheTusk
  • Members
  • Posts:
    24
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 21 November 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:


So what's the fair situation for Arkansas if we win?

I think Alabama should move up to #1 if we win and go to the SECCG if thats the way it works out with us passing over LSU. It should be based on head to head and hopefully thats how the voters see it.
"Im proud to be hog, we have the sexiest damn mascot ever!"


Posted ImagePosted Image

#12
uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,854
  • Joined:
    Aug 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    437
Is not this the dumbest way to find a national champion? Hell, have a playoff with the top teams. All other sports do it.

#13
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,250
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,148

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 21 November 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:


So what's the fair situation for Arkansas if we win?

I think thats when it comes down to SOS. I know there is no fair way to do it....but I think thats the closest there is

#14
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,250
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,148

View PostFearTheTusk, on 21 November 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:


I think Alabama should move up to #1 if we win and go to the SECCG if thats the way it works out with us passing over LSU. It should be based on head to head and hopefully thats how the voters see it.

Yeah ok, so who the hell goes to the SECCG if Ark wins.....its whoever is highest in the BCS rankings right?

#15
eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

    Gagging Order

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,802
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,369

View PostGatorHater24, on 21 November 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:


I think thats when it comes down to SOS. I know there is no fair way to do it....but I think thats the closest there is


Obviously I'm biased but IF we were to beat lsu we would be 11-1 against 5 ranked opponents and potentially 8 bowl eligible teams.  It's not as if we play in the WAC.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]