Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Walk on kicker lives the dream.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"(Michael) Palardy was hurt," Dooley said after the Vols' 24-0 victory against Middle Tennessee State. "He hurt himself Thursday in practice but we thought he'd be fine. He couldn't go. Then (Chip) Rhome goes out there in pregame and he pulls a muscle."

"We didn't have a kicker," Dooley said. "And we had to make a call to the frat house. This is no lie. We called the frat house and had a policeman go get him."

"Let's get a call to Brodus," Dooley recalled telling his staff, "and it's a good thing he wasn't having too much Saturday afternoon (fun). I told the coaches, 'Hey, an intoxicated Brodus is better than nobody.

"Just get him here and we'll do a Breathalyzer. Fortunately, he didn't have anything bad."

Brodus said he got the call around 6:10 p.m., just 50 minutes before kickoff.

"I was just laying on the couch watching football," Brodus said. "Honestly, I didn't know what was going on.

"I thought it was a dream. I was just laying down on the couch relaxing. I answered the phone and they just told me to come to the stadium as soon as possible."

"He suits up and nails three PATs and a field goal," Dooley said, "so he gets the game ball. I was proud of him."

Brodus, a Maryville native, was part of two state-championship football teams at Alcoa High School. He also was an All-State soccer player for the Tornadoes.

"I'm not quite 21 yet," Brodus said, when asked about Dooley's Breathalyzer comments.

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That is an unreal story...they said on radio this morning they called him at 6:10 for a 7:00 game:)
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Breathalyzer...

Awesome.

Edited by jacobp, 07 November 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Best college story ever.  He better save the press clippings because his grandkids will never believe him.
Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

Duck Dynasty Bowl Here We Come

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That is an awesome story.  

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He sounds so high in that presser.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image