Catching Up: Leonard Little - Tennessee News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Catching Up: Leonard Little

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

ptclaus98

ptclaus98

I wish I took my breakfast like James Hunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's still sinking in for Leonard Little, but the former Tennessee football great appears at ease with his recent decision to retire from football and begin a new part of his life.

Catching Up: Leonard Little

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sounds like a quality guy to have around your program.  Best of luck Vols!

`Upside Is Tremendous'
Little liked what he saw from practice and expects things to improve for the program in the very near future.

"They are getting recruits now for the positions they want them to play and the upside is tremendous here," he said. "This year they are going to get better, and they are going to have a good team in the next couple of years to come."

Dooley always appreciates when former Vols take the time to visit practice or come to games. He says it helps pass along Tennessee's tradition to those wearing the pads today.

"Leonard has his picture on the wall," Dooley said. "He's an All-American. He was a part one of those banners in there and that's what we're playing for.

"He's a guy who lived it and breathed it. I think he lost about four games in his career and then went on to be a great NFL player. The more guys that come back, I love it when they get in front of the team."

Now that retirement from professional football is real, Little's immediate career plans are still up in the air. He knows one path he wants to take, whether it be full-time or in a volunteer capacity.

"I want to work with kids in some sort of way," he said. "I can help young people get through certain situations and certain things they go through in life. I went through a lot of things when I was younger, so I think I can help kids in that aspect."

Posted Image

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Killed anyone lately?