Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Random Thought Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
7417 replies to this topic

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm pretty sure my heart is going to explode by the end of finals week. Latin will be the death of me.
Formerly known as rebelfan91

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
yey I got over a 2.0 again. Posted Image.me.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 05 December 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Car shopping is exhausting, especially when nowhere in MS carries what you are looking for

wife went thru the same thing. she wanted a pilot last feb loaded a certain way. found it at carmax with 10,000 miles on it. best deal i ever made.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 06 December 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

wife went thru the same thing. she wanted a pilot last feb loaded a certain way. found it at carmax with 10,000 miles on it. best deal i ever made.

I found exactly what I want at a great price, but it's in Houston.  My aunt is a car nut and lives in Houston.  She's going to drive it Saturday morning and let her mechanic look it over.  If it checks out I may do the deal over the phone and fly out there to get it.  That scares me but I trust her.  The history report is clean as a whistle

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, got promoted to number 2 in the division today.  Pretty exciting.  I now have 8 clerks working under me

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 06 December 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Also, got promoted to number 2 in the division today.  Pretty exciting.  I now have 8 clerks working under me
congrats man...dont abuse the power! ha

in other news, insomnia has been a biotch this week...its like 1:30 and i think i am about to start 300...bad ass movie, especially on blu ray...

Posted Image

GTHOM

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Went to the mechanic shop today to make sure the car was ready to go for my move to Atlanta. Thankfully there wasn't anything major wrong with the car. Pretty soon im gonna have to find me some boxes and start packing. I've lived in Florida for twenty two years. Hard to believe im going to be leaving soon but it's for the best that i do so...... there's just nothing left for me in florida anymore it's for the best that move on and head to Atlanta and start over. I just hope 2013 is better than this year. 2012 has been pure Hell for me and wouldn't wish it on anybody else. I just wish things could have been different.....
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View Postbbqit, on 05 December 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Finished wrapping presents tonight. Off work till feb for the most part. Office work still to do but only a couple half days a week. Last presents wrapped were from Nozzle. To explain, Nozzle is my Elf friend. Back when the kids were young like most parents I told them I worked at the north pole. To make it more believable I told them when I graduated college I had a hard time finding a job and took a job I found in the want ads that seemed to pay well but it meant I had to move. I got on the train and found myself in Christmas Town. I applied for the job and got it. I was to shovel reindeer shit on an hourly wage. Nozzle was head Elf over the reindeer. One day I gave Nozzle a beer. No drinking allowed up there but he tried one and liked it. So Nozzle made sure I had job security and I kept us in cold beer. Nozzle and I kept up with each other and since he is head of reindeer he flies with Santa. He leaves a gift for the kids every year. It's the first one they want to open. Also instead of just leaving milk and cookies they leave milk, cookies and a beer in a huggie. That beer always was a big thing to leave and it was empty every Christmas morning. That is the unique part of Christmas at this house.

Damn that's awesome....
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If the country went to 4 day work weeks all of the time by canceling work on Fridays, how long do you think it would take until Thursdays took as long as Fridays do now?
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 07 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

If the country went to 4 day work weeks all of the time by canceling work on Fridays, how long do you think it would take until Thursdays took as long as Fridays do now?
6 days from the last friday? haha...but seriously, a friend of mine started working four 10 hr days and she said she is more tired during the week but 3 days off is a great trade off...i think i would like that schedule but i know my wife would hate it...

Posted Image

GTHOM

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
iPad wifi > MacBook wifi

I don't get it either.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
for the first time in 3 years the whole family will be here at the same time. guess its time for a new family pic. food is always the big problem. the problem is keeping them fed without staying in the kitchen all the time. 12 in your house keeps the kitchen and bathroom busy. ordered steaks for one night. inch and a half ribeys. gonna fire up the smoker so lunch is always easy. folks can just fix what they want. gonna smoke a couple chickens for chicken salad. smoking a turkey, pork loin and shoulder for sammiches, and will smoke 6 slabs of ribs for another nights dinner. after that they are on their own or they can sweet talk my wife into fixing something else.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ritchie Blackmore is insane. Blackmore's Night did a great job of butchering Child in Time.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
kept two of the grandkids yesterday afternoon. one is 5+ and the other 3+ as they would say. wife called and asked what we were doing while they were out. i told them we were playing with 400 stick pins. nobody believed me. those kids did just fine with those stick pins. we made christmas ornaments. styrofoam  balls, ribbon, miniature beads, sequins and stick pins. i sat with them and helped some but once they saw what to do they were all over it. their eyes are dang good too. gettin that bead on a stick pin ain't easy for me but nothing for them.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I want a book-on-tape version of 50 Shades of Grey as narrated by Droopy Dog, Zoidberg, and the Monarch.
Posted Image