stock market getting raped - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

stock market getting raped

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All I can say is "NEXT" !!!!!
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I sold the bond funds in my 401k a few weeks back to move into a diversified international fund.  Had a gut feeling I should sell everything and sport cash and money market for a while but I didn't do it.  At the rate things are going I could have doubled my holdings....

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Y'all are giving Obama too much credit...he didn't cause the mess we're in and he certainly isn't the person who can get us out of it.  And Geitner?  all-in?  I'd say moreso than you think - y'all do know he used to be President of the Federal Reserve, right?  Did you know that the first President of the Federal Reserve ever was the US Secretary of the Treasury when the Federal Reserve System was conceived?  Yea, they're all intertwined but it's not Obama, Bush, tax cuts, health care or your pet peeve of choice in Washington spending waste; the debt, the deficit and the root of all (as in 100%) of our economy's problems are due to the Federal Reserve System and our abuse of credit.  Creating trillions of dollars out of thin air is going to have adverse affects on the value of the US Dollar which is essentially was S&P was downgrading.  

I personally don't think the USD is going to last another decade so it affects every American of every age, if you think otherwise, you're head is still in the sand and you need to start reading.  SOON.  I'm not as doom & gloom as some but I do think the tipping point is very close and we may be treading new ground where there isn't comparisons in our short historty as a country to compare the situation to.

The problem is spending, yes, but you cannot spend if there is no Federal Reserve to creat the money out of thin air.  

Using G.Edward Griffin's nutshell, a story:
Congress needs to cut checks for all it spends.  It goes to US Treasury.  

Congress:  Hello US Treasury, we have made all these promises and need to pay people.  
US Treasury: Hello again Congress, good to see you AGAIN...as I told you in March, all the money I have is gone - you spent all that I collected in taxes by the end February so I have no money to give you so you can cut those checks.  
Congress:  No problem, I'll go see Bernake at the Fed.
Federal Reserve:  Well hello there again Congress, what's it been?  A month?  What can I do for you today?
Congress:  I need to borrow some money.  I promise I'll pay it back - here, how bout some US Treasury bonds?  We're the United States, we're not going anywhere.
Federal Reserve:  Sure, how much do you need?
Congress:  How about.....a billion? Make it a billion and a half.  
Federal Reserve:  1.5 Billion US Dollars.  Done.  
Congress:  Like old times, Fed. See you next month.
US Treasury:  Hey Congress, there's $1,500,000,000 in our checking account all of a sudden.  Who'd you need those checks made out to?

Where'd that 1.5 BILL come from? Thin air....US Dollars are like stocks in a company.  You print more stock certificates without adding value to the company, the value of each share goes down...just as it has with the US Dollar.  And people talk about prices going up..it's not that these food products or gas or whatever gadget you buy because you want it & not because you need it are going up in price - it's that the US dollars you have buy less of those things...it's called inflation.  

None of our problems with the economy or our country's currency can be fixed unless you 'fix' (or preferably abolish) the Federal Reserve System.

In the meantime, I will continue to invest as heavily as possible in gold and other known commodities of quantifiable, finite and established value.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As I've repeatedly stated, this problem goes back for some time.  Bush has earned every shot thrown at him for his fiscal ineptitude, as has Obama.  But people are quick to use them as their target of frustration....it's Congress that's the damn problem.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

nova

nova

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

As I've repeatedly stated, this problem goes back for some time.  Bush has earned every shot thrown at him for his fiscal ineptitude, as has Obama.  But people are quick to use them as their target of frustration....it's Congress that's the damn problem.

There's nary a problem in D.C. that can't be fixed with the judicious application of rope...

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Amen to that.  I think the very real threat of a lynch mob would get these bastards in line real quick.  Has anyone stopped to consider the reason the debt solution had to be pushed through so damn soon is because their 5 week vacation began August 2nd?  I get a paid week as of now and will get 2 weeks paid starting next year.  I'll have another 3 years before I get the max 3 week vacation.

Who the hell gets a 5 week vacation on top of not having to show up for work to perform their duties (vote on bills) AND gets to decide their own pay......and let's not forget about the pensions, benefits, etc.  I may not agree w/a lot of things our current president says or does, but he's only one man.  It's Congress' job to get legislation done in a timely and responsible manner just as it is to get the budget balanced.  If the bulls*(t they pull in Washington was pulled at any one of our jobs, they'd be out on the street.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

nova

nova

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

nova said:

I sold the bond funds in my 401k a few weeks back to move into a diversified international fund.  Had a gut feeling I should sell everything and sport cash and money market for a while but I didn't do it.  At the rate things are going I could have doubled my holdings....

Shoulda went with my gut.  I was still up 10% in both my 401k and my IRA when I thought about that.  Now I'm even on my 401k and at -5% on my IRA.  Good thing I'm already planning on working till I die in my cubicle...

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
To all the older guys i cant help but feel bad for you all.   Nothing  and i mean NOTHING is worse than seeing your hard earned money disappear.  Especially if you hated every hour at your job where you earned that money.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Ibleedmaroon

Ibleedmaroon

And sh** english bulldogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For the posters who say they are investing in gold and silver right now.... very, very smart move.
:thumbu: This f*****g guy

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jthomas666 said:

If you see any true leadership in any of the GOP candidates, your eyes are in worse shape than mine.

I can't see myself voting for Obama again, but I don't think I could vote for any of the GOP candidates without throwing up in the booth.

I totally agree...nobody to vote for in any party right now...were screwed
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

CrimsoNation713 said:

O'Blamer having a birthday bash and congress on vacation. Lifes grand ain't it ?

He needs to bring Congress back to work and call off his stupid vacation...he has been on vacation for 2 years

Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Based

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If someone can layout a good plan to get us out of this mess they will get my vote, leadership skills or not.  People need to understand that not all of the blame can go on the president and it just isn't one bill that will make everything better or one term, this economy is screwed up more than most of the people think.  Now I don't like Obama but this was more towards take a look at Congress and see what they're doing and check out where exactly this money is going.
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
18 % Appreciation for Tea Party right now.....so it ain't going to be any of those idiots

and it ain't going to be the first black president either....he is done, one and done

Posted Image

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Playmaker said:

If someone can layout a good plan to get us out of this mess they will get my vote, leadership skills or not.  People need to understand that not all of the blame can go on the president and it just isn't one bill that will make everything better or one term, this economy is screwed up more than most of the people think.  Now I don't like Obama but this was more towards take a look at Congress and see what they're doing and check out where exactly this money is going.

I'll be that guy - the Ron Paul guy...that's me.  I'm a fan of Ron Paul's.  Hello.  Google him, youtube him and listen to his views on our debt problem - you'll find that he does offer solutions that most call "crazy" but to those who are so passionate about this stuff, it's the truth.  

Abolish the Federal Reserve - Thomas Jefferson quote:  The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.
^Consider that quote now that we are where we are, in large part due to the workings of the Federal Reserve System and the bankers/politicians that created it and its rules.  Research the Federal Reserve and you'll see it is the first thing that needs to be addressed....the only one beating that drum and has been beating it is Ron Paul.  

Abolish the Income Tax.  It is unconstitutional as the only profits that were meant to be taxed in this country UNDER THE CONSTITUTION, is corporate profits.  And what were those stories that made 'breaking news' status on the newsertainment channels for 15 minutes a month or two ago?  Yea, it was about these huge corporations who don't pay a dime of taxes while taxpayer funds are used to bailout banks and car companies.  Again, the only candidate talking about the Income tax and IRS as a whole as unconstitutional and destructive to our economy?  Ron Paul.  

Miltary spending.  This is where I think Ron Paul loses everyone...he's for cutting spending on defense as much as he is for cutting entitlements but the fear mongering has made it so cutting military spending is a taboo subject & makes one "unelectable."  But listen to the Republican debates in 2007 and you'll see that what he's been saying for years is what our solution(s) has been all along.  

/end rant

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No, our 401k's are getting raped................they are fleecing us once again, this will go on until there's nothing left for the Bankers to take.

got gold?
http:////ukathletics...ootball2_sm.jpg

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

[img]http://http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2251/joesnewlogobr4.jpg[/img]