Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

stock market getting raped

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I love how all Tim geithner had to say abt it was s&p used "bad judgement" in downgrading our credit. Basically pointing fingers instead figuring out conclusions to our problems

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's not stupid.  If I'm spending more money than I'm taking in and only paying the intrest on my debt I can guarantee you my credit rating will be shit.  The U.S. government deserves worse than this.  We need to wake up and start paying our bills and act responsibly.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JoeGator said:

How many posters on here are 50+?
Can't very many I wouldn't think.

Anyway, I wasn't being derogatory towards the original post, just pointing out that people freak out over this stuff way too much.

yeah...no need to be concerned except for those retired. You need your own talk show on economics. Have you even been watching any TV the past few days ? Future looks bright..

Amazing...
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JoeGator said:

How many posters on here are 50+?
Can't very many I wouldn't think.

Anyway, I wasn't being derogatory towards the original post, just pointing out that people freak out over this stuff way too much.

Not very many..as a teacher I never had money to invest and add one divorce to that and Ole Hogan has never got to invest very much, so all this crap in Washington is not hurting me very much.
I would buy Gold or Silver and make sure I voted Obama out of office....that is the most important thing is to get some true leadership in Washington, we have none now. One and Done for Obama- you had your chance and you blew it.
Posted Image

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Hoganknows said:

I would buy Gold or Silver and make sure I voted Obama out of office....that is the most important thing is to get some true leadership in Washington, we have none now.
If you see any true leadership in any of the GOP candidates, your eyes are in worse shape than mine.

I can't see myself voting for Obama again, but I don't think I could vote for any of the GOP candidates without throwing up in the booth.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.sectalk.c.../08/chart-1.asp

if it closes in the 10.5 range bricks will be shat

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime said:

As for Joe's post above....you need to wake up man. I definitely hear what you're saying, and while I've been known to fly off the handle over minor issues, on here especially, this is pretty serious. We haven't seen stuff like this in this country's history. Unless the people get off their ass and demand reform these jackasses in Washington are going to ruin us. Both parties have been rooting us from behind for decades if not longer. We cannot let this crap continue. It's supposed to be "We the people" but "the people" don't seem to give a s*(@ about what's happening as long as you don't take everything away from them at once in a conspicious manner. You have to slowly chip away at liberties and paychecks a bit at a time until finally it becomes too much to bear and either the country collapses or the people revolt. History will show that will happen 10 times out of 10.

You just took it 20 steps past what I was saying, haha.
Anyone remember what happened October 10th, 2009?
I doubt it.
But it was a "historical" situation as well.

All I was saying is that some folks watch too much TV and are convinced the world as we know it is coming to an end just because the stock market takes a big hit. Of course we have morons running this country, but we've rebounded before and we will again.
Sooner or later- probably later- people will realize this behavior can't continue and will pull back.
Just have to wait it out and contribute what you can to make it happen.

I'm not disagreeing that this is really bad, but I guess I'm not all that surprised.

Edited by JoeGator, 08 August 2011 - 03:35 PM.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JoeGator said:

You just took it 20 steps past what I was saying, haha.
Anyone remember what happened October 10th, 2009?
I doubt it.
But it was a "historical" situation as well.

All I was saying is that some folks (vvv) watch too much TV and are convinced the world as we know it is coming to an end just because the stock market takes a big hit. Of course we have morons running this country, but we've rebounded before and we will again.
Sooner or later- probably later- people will realize this behavior can't continue and will pull back.
Just have to wait it out and contribute what you can to make it happen.

I'm not disagreeing that this is really bad, but I guess I'm not all that surprised.

Completely uncalled for.

How Joe ? Im over 50 and retired.  You say its no biggie but for me it is. It was a rebuttal.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
O'Blamer having a birthday bash and congress on vacation. Lifes grand ain't it ?

-- Derrick Thomas

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

CrimsoNation713 said:

O'Blamer having a birthday bash and congress on vacation. Lifes grand ain't it ?

O'Blamer. Ha. I see someone has put fresh batteries in Romney lately.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

zartan said:

O'Blamer. Ha. I see someone has put fresh batteries in Romney lately.

Dont like him either....try another soap box.

-- Derrick Thomas

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

CrimsoNation713 said:

How Joe ? Im over 50 and retired. You say its no biggie but for me it is. It was a rebuttal.

You misunderstood me or just didn't see my second post.

It IS a big deal for people who are looking to retire soon- but every single little bump is a big deal the closer you are to retirement.
That's all I was pointing out.
No one under 30 needs to panic right now.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JoeGator said:

You misunderstood me or just didn't see my second post.

It IS a big deal for people who are looking to retire soon- but every single little bump is a big deal the closer you are to retirement.
That's all I was pointing out.
No one under 30 needs to panic right now.
No I didn't see the other post. I stand corrected.

-- Derrick Thomas

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

vandyfan84 said:

I love how all Tim geithner had to say abt it was s&p used "bad judgement" in downgrading our credit. Basically pointing fingers instead figuring out conclusions to our problems

That's because Geithner is a bumbling idiot who couldn't figure his way out of a paper bag.  The Obama admin just keeps him around.  Guess they are "all in".
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Hoganknows said:

Not very many..as a teacher I never had money to invest and add one divorce to that and Ole Hogan has never got to invest very much, so all this crap in Washington is not hurting me very much.
I would buy Gold or Silver and make sure I voted Obama out of office....that is the most important thing is to get some true leadership in Washington, we have none now. One and Done for Obama- you had your chance and you blew it.

See....I keep telling you guys one and done is a good thing.  Maybe now folks will listen to me when I remove the words Calipari and basketball from those posts.

Obama promised hope and change....We got change, hope you like it America.
Posted Image