stock market getting raped - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

stock market getting raped

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500, stock market data - CNNMoney.com

http://www.sectalk.c.../08/chart-1.asp

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Quick! Spend more taxpayer money!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
up the credit line
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I really didnt want to move much around with all of this going on. Now Im thinking more and more about putting a lot of stuff over into bonds for a while and see how things pan out.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For those of us 20+ years from retirement this couldn't have come at a better time.  However, CN713 may be in need of a pot to piss in soon.

Posted Image

Weston M

Weston M

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's still Bushes fault...

Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Obama is clearly toast. 3rd party candidates, anyone?
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
People watch too much TV.

I never look at what any of my stuff is doing. I'm 35 years away from even thinking about retiring.
Why do I care if it fluctuates right now?

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thank god i started a 401k last month
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JoeGator said:

People watch too much TV.

I never look at what any of my stuff is doing. I'm 35 years away from even thinking about retiring.
Why do I care if it fluctuates right now?

See Razor's post above.
Posted Image

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A[quote name='AUskip07']Thank god i started a 401k last mont/QUOTE]

I don't even want to look at mine. It's dropped nearly 1000 on value since the start of the month

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

vandyfan84 said:

I don't even want to look at mine. It's dropped nearly 1000 on value since the start of the month

Yeah, I just made some moves to mine. Lost some so far, but Im far enough away to make it all back. Still, I couldnt take it any more watching my money disappear. Wont be seeing much returns until I make some more changes, but its better than seeing it evaporate. Plus like I said I'll have plenty of time to make all of that back.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jacobp said:

See Razor's post above.

How many posters on here are 50+?
Can't very many I wouldn't think.

Anyway, I wasn't being derogatory towards the original post, just pointing out that people freak out over this stuff way too much.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Quick! Spend more taxpayer money!

Don't worry.  One of our fiscally liberal representatives will be along shortly to explain to you how spending more money will get us out of debt as opposed to cutting back on expenses and applying that money to debt already incurred.

As for Joe's post above....you need to wake up man.  I definitely hear what you're saying, and while I've been known to fly off the handle over minor issues, on here especially, this is pretty serious.  We haven't seen stuff like this in this country's history.  Unless the people get off their ass and demand reform these jackasses in Washington are going to ruin us.  Both parties have been rooting us from behind for decades if not longer.  We cannot let this crap continue.  It's supposed to be "We the people" but "the people" don't seem to give a s*(@ about what's happening as long as you don't take everything away from them at once in a conspicious manner.  You have to slowly chip away at liberties and paychecks a bit at a time until finally it becomes too much to bear and either the country collapses or the people revolt.  History will show that will happen 10 times out of 10.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLEMAHA!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Standard Shite & Piss Poors should have downgraded the US to AA+ in 2008 if they were going to be insistent on downgrading us.
Why they wait until Friday to do it is very interesting. They know that the Euro will soon collapse. They know that that will wreck all kinds of havoc on the markets when it happens. They have been keeping tabs on China and how it's economy is beginning to slow down.

Ezra Klein makes a good point in this article today in the Washington Post: Standard & Poor’s inconsistencies - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

"Standard & Poor’s downgrade of the U.S. economy is beginning to look like a kamikaze mission. The credit-rating agency delivered its payload, but at the cost of destroying its own credibility."

Posted Image

" (Dakota) Prescott completed 58.4 percent of his passes in 2013, 11th among the 13 SEC quarterbacks with enough attempts to qualify. He threw 10 touchdowns to seven interceptions, a TD-to-INT ratio more on par with Arkansas' Brandon Allen (13-10) than Manziel. "  -Hugh Kellenburger