Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Dish Network vs. DirecTV??

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

RammaJamma said:

I have Direct now and it just went out yesterday during a small storm that passed through. I've only had my reciever and boxes for around 5 months. My charter never went out every now and then my internet you had to reboot the wireless modem but that was it. We also have Direct in my office at work that usually scrambles every time it rains.

well shit, I guess it can be very localized.........I do know, that I have become a big fan of Direct, at least da shit be werkin fer my ass :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Apes said:

I run Directv for now. We are still stuck in the contract from when we "used" it in Japan. Dish seems pretty interchangable with Directv, depending your needs.

I have found quite a few channels that Directv has but Dish doesn't. Dish is more user friendly for multi-room setup's, Directv's DVR is by far more superior. You just need to decide what you need and pick the one that has it.

I, personally, am debating TWC in the area we are living now. It's half the price and offers free HD DVR...opposed to the two above. My only concern is the sports channels. I think TWC might deal with harsh blackouts and less selection of sports channels. Still have a month and half to decide before football season. :)

I don't know what kind of deals are being offered right now, but I got free HD for life and upgraded to a free ViP722 HD DVR with free installation when I signed up with DiSH. The 500 MB hard drive is ample for my needs, and it has more features than I'll ever use. Being able to watch one movie or game while recording another is great, and should definitely come in handy during football season. And once the actual dish was positioned properly, it's also been very reliable, rarely going out even in pretty severe thunderstorms.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ive had both. Both work fine however Directv does have the best DVR technology and capabilities.

Gator2753

Gator2753

Going HAM since 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Everyone needs to get Uverse if it ever comes avaliable in your area. Unfortunately its usually only in larger town/ city areas.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've had both but have DirectTV now.  That's mostly because I can get all the channels I actually watch at a lower price point that Dish....