Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Dish Network vs. DirecTV??

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hey guys, the fiance and I are moving at the end of this month and will be getting either Dish Network or DirecTV...my question is which do yall prefer??...my parents have dish network and I used to have directv at my old apartment for a little while and I'm not sure which direction to go...at first glance, dish network seems to be the better deal money-wise...keep this in mind, there is a chance that we will be taking the dish to football games this year for tailgating so does that matter??..oh and apparently, the fiance says DVR is a must...never had it myself so i dont know...

thanks..

Posted Image

GTHOM

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
People that have Dish will say Dish, people that have Direct will say Direct.  I've had both, and they're pretty interchangeable to me.  I like Dish Network's functionality better than DirecTV, so that's why I have Dish.
Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Directv,s dvr is the best on the market. I had Directv for years and loved. The town I moved to has fiber optic internet and tv for a really good price hence I dropped directv.

RTR
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd go direct tv. More HD channels.

k_chapp

k_chapp
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NFL package is exclusive to Directv, that's the only reason I have it.
Posted Image

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't even need to read the thread.....Directv all the way

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've had them both.  Not much difference except I think Directv is better for sports.  They both have absolutely horrible customer service.  I have Dish now because it's bundled with my Windstream phone and data stuff.  Otherwise I'd probably go with Directv.

Posted Image

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Ive got Direct and love it but I have no basis of comparison...............from what I understand as someone mentioned above, that Direct has better/more sports packages
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I got dish a few months back. I like the free local channels. My sports package is fine. We got two dvr's out of the deal and they seem fine enough. It also came with two wireless dvrs for other tvs. That makes 4 tvs on dvrs and each can record individually being set up from one remote control at one tv. They send us a code for a free movie every few weeks. If you know somebody on dish tell dish they sent you. Then you and them get a $50 credit for you going on line. I know you can make friends with somebody long enough to get a fiddy dollar credik.

have not been on direct tv for 16 years so i cant say about them. i will say hd is free for life on dish.

Edited by bbqit, 13 July 2011 - 01:59 PM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
also, I wouldnt use the dvr that direct provides, I would separately buy a TiVo..............TiVo is da shit
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

azamugg said:

also, I wouldnt use the dvr that direct provides, I would separately buy a TiVo..............TiVo is da shit

TiVo is for faggs.

RTR
Posted Image

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
don't make me throw my damn purse at you bitch
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Had both.  Dish all the way.  Just something about Direct that always pissed me off.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
best advice i can give is pull both's web pages up. compare. call the ask questions number and ask them both the same questions.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

w00k said:

Had both.  Dish all the way.  Just something about Direct that always pissed me off.

Direct pissed me off when I couldn't get the 4 room upgrade with DVR because I was an existing customer.  Of course, I bought the damn dish for a grand back when Arkansas was one of the beta test sites and had been paying the bastards for 12 years.  I cancelled 5 minutes after getting off the phone with them and called Dish.  Of course I had someone call me back the next day apologizing and wanting to keep my business.  Too late.

Dish pissed me off about 5 years later.  I got divorced and moved to an apt. where they didn't allow satellite tv.  Dish said no problem, we will send you some boxes to mail back the receiver and pieces off the dish.  I go out of town for a conference, get back, and UPS had tried to deliver the boxes 3 times and sent them back.  I happen to go online and look at my account to see that Dish had taken around 800 dollars from it without even so much as a phone call.  They didn't credit it back until 2 weeks after I boxed up the stuff and paid to send it myself.  The people on the phone were the biggest jerks I'd ever spoken with.  I wouldn't use them now if not for the Windstream package deal.

Posted Image