Buck Belue Calling Crowell An Out Of Shape Prima Donna? - Page 3 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Buck Belue Calling Crowell An Out Of Shape Prima Donna?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

He's saying that concerns about what shape he is in are stupid.

JFC, don't you have any other idiotic rumors to be concerning yourself with?

Hell, my original post was supposed to be an indictment of Belue, not Crowell; and I looked around to see if there was any validity to what he was saying or if he was just promoting his own show and blog. It turned out that he wasn't the only person who'd made the observation, and that what he said was basically common knowledge.

My point was, and still is, regardless of the accuracy of the statements, he shouldn't be airing dirty laundry about his alma mater. I don't really care how close to game-ready Crowell is, because I know any S&C program worth its salt will have the potential starting RB ready by the time he actually has to play.

The only reason this debate is even still ongoing is because you keep calling everyone else, including fellow Dawg fans and representatives, liars.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

It's my understanding that Joe T, since taking over the S&C program, has EVERYBODY puking. That just tells me he's working him hard, which is good.

It worries me though, that John T. and crew were around in the Goff days and got fired... we had a notoriously weak offensive line at the time.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

It worries me though, that John T. and crew were around in the Goff days and got fired... we had a notoriously weak offensive line at the time.

Hate to be the one to point this out, but..... you still do.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

GatorUnvrsty said:

Hell, my original post was supposed to be an indictment of Belue, not Crowell; and I looked around to see if there was any validity to what he was saying or if he was just promoting his own show and blog. It turned out that he wasn't the only person who'd made the observation, and that what he said was basically common knowledge.

My point was, and still is, regardless of the accuracy of the statements, he shouldn't be airing dirty laundry about his alma mater. I don't really care how close to game-ready Crowell is, because I know any S&C program worth its salt will have the potential starting RB ready by the time he actually has to play.

The only reason this debate is even still ongoing is because you keep calling everyone else, including fellow Dawg fans and representatives, liars.

All I'm saying is that this practice of mico-analyzing reports of how a true freshman is doing in the weight room is mindless lunacy. Isaiah Crowell is a physical freak, and if he's puking doing workouts it's because Joe t is working him ragged, which is probably a good thing.

I have no problem calling fellow Dawgs idiots. Every fan base has them and we have plenty over at the rivals site. Fact is, there are more strength and conditioning experts in the UGA fan base then ever before... did you know that? It's true. They're all over the place, and they're lining up to give their opinion on what lifts the players should be doing, who is in shape and who isn't. It's fascinating, really, because most of them probably don't even spend a day in the gym per week, or even a month.

MCD

MCD

His initials are Boyd Crowder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

All I'm saying is that this practice of mico-analyzing reports of how a true freshman is doing in the weight room is mindless lunacy. Isaiah Crowell is a physical freak, and if he's puking doing workouts it's because Joe t is working him ragged, which is probably a good thing.

I have no problem calling fellow Dawgs idiots. Every fan base has them and we have plenty over at the rivals site. Fact is, there are more strength and conditioning experts in the UGA fan base then ever before... did you know that? It's true. They're all over the place, and they're lining up to give their opinion on what lifts the players should be doing, who is in shape and who isn't. It's fascinating, really, because most of them probably don't even spend a day in the gym per week, or even a month.

...am I an idiot?

I don't care if our players are 50 lbs overweight as long as they hold onto the damn ball and get it in the endzone.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

To be fair there are reasons to be critical of the S&C program... John T. and gang were around in the Goff era and got canned. I mean c'mon... you can't tell me with a straight face that you didn't find the hire a little weird with Richt's job on the line...
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

I won't argue with any of that; it's certainly the case with any major program with a passionate fan base... I'm just saying the stuff clearly wasn't some viral internet rumor made up by a rival fan base; it has some validity. Like I said, though, and like others have said, if the guy WASN'T puking, I'd be more worried about my S&C program than I would be about a freshman in his first off-season summer camp.

Regardless, I think we can agree that Belue just needs to STFU and try a little harder at promotion for his alma mater. Sad state of affairs in this day and age that so many choose to bite the hand that feeds them, rather than promote what's good about the program that gave them a forum to preach in the first place.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

MCD said:

...am I an idiot?

I don't care if our players are 50 lbs overweight as long as they hold onto the damn ball and get it in the endzone.

Nah, you're my boy, blue.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

TheRealBrave said:

To be fair there are reasons to be critical of the S&C program... John T. and gang were around in the Goff era and got canned. I mean c'mon... you can't tell me with a straight face that you didn't find the hire a little weird with Richt's job on the line...

Not so weird when you consider the reasons. According to insiders at 24/7, the Joe T hire was a bridge to a more permanent solution. It's a temporary fix.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
[quote name='JoeGator']Lattimore was a freak.
99.9% of freshman will show up to camp out of shape, and Crowell is one of them apparently.
This is big-time D1 football. You're not working out like you would in high schoool.
QUOTE]

^
This. Any freshmen that steps on campus will be out of shape compared to the guys who train all year.  SEC football  athletes train harder than professionals and a kid coming  from high school doesn't stand a chance. He'll likely cramp up, puke, or pass the fugggs out...It's no joke.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Not so weird when you consider the reasons. According to insiders at 24/7, the Joe T hire was a bridge to a more permanent solution. It's a temporary fix.

I don't want a temporary fix though.
Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Someone needs to tell IC that Belue only completed ONE pass in the 1980 Sugar Bowl.

DCDawg

DCDawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

w00k said:

Someone needs to tell IC that Belue only completed ONE pass in the 1980 Sugar Bowl.

Belue rode the coattails of a Heisman Trophy winner and the junkyard dawgs defense. He sucked in reality! I dont even give him credit for the Florida game! Lindsay Scott made that play happen.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
,Does he have tailback envy? It'd make since if he did, living in Walker's shadow all his life

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Seems like there are rumors of every big-name recruit having that same kind of attitude. If it's true in Crowell's case, my guess is it will take about one week of two-a-days for him to be humbled and in good shape. I wouldn't worry about this yet.
Posted Image