Buck Belue Calling Crowell An Out Of Shape Prima Donna? - Page 2 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Buck Belue Calling Crowell An Out Of Shape Prima Donna?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

MCD said:

Are you about to get all Negative Nancy on us again?

Nah, I was just saying these rumors aren't bullsh*t.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheRealBrave said:

Nah, I was just saying these rumors aren't bullsh*t.

IC will figure it out... sounds like he's been learning what it's going to take to play with the big boys just fine so far.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

TheRealBrave said:

D3, these rumors are actually true - Radi had a post about it on the Vent the other day. Obviously Radi isn't some DawgVent goober...

I'm just telling you that Gentry Estes and Rusty Mansell contradict those rumors, and both have proven to be a more reliable source than anybody on the rivals staff. So I'm taking his word when he says it's not true and that people are taking a story about IC puking during practice way overboard.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 12 July 2011 - 12:25 PM.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

GatorUnvrsty said:

Before I even posted what Belue said, I read a few UGA forums, and apparently the majority of the criticism is that he hasn't been able to complete workouts with the rest of the incoming players and has been doing lots of puking.

It's my understanding that Joe T, since taking over the S&C program, has EVERYBODY puking. That just tells me he's working him hard, which is good.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
This is what Rusty Mansell said about the rumors of IC's conditioning:

I have heard the rumors about his work ethic and what kind of shape he showed up in Athens in the first of the Summer. I have seen this young man work out and I have seen him play. He will be in shape when the time comes, I can assure you of that.

That's all I need to hear.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's a bajillion degrees out.
If he wasn't puking, he wasn't trying.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

I'm just telling you that Gentry Estes contradicts those rumors, and Estes has proven to be a more reliable source than anybody on the rivals staff. So I'm taking his word when he says it's not true and that people are taking a story about IC puking during practice way overboard.

Apparently it's not any great secret, as supposedly players and regular students have been talking about him not finishing workouts quite a bit... not sure why his own teammates would be talking about it, and referring to it as a kind of initiation to the big leagues if it wasn't true. Of course, I'm also quite certain they didn't realize (as usual) the news would spread like this, or that it would be considered important... it probably wouldn't have become important or a topic of discussion at all if Ealey and King hadn't just left the program.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

GatorUnvrsty said:

Apparently it's not any great secret, as supposedly players and regular students have been talking about him not finishing workouts quite a bit...

This is horse-shit, GU. Name one. Anybody on the dawgvent can say "so and so told me..." but it's hearsay.

The ONLY quote out there that even remotely resembles what you're talking about was a quote by Christian Robinson where he made a joking comment, when asked, that they had worked IC pretty good his first time out.

This is classic dawgvent rumor-mongering, and it's why I don't subscribe to that site anymore.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

I'm just telling you that Gentry Estes and Rusty Mansell contradict those rumors, and both have proven to be a more reliable source than anybody on the rivals staff. So I'm taking his word when he says it's not true and that people are taking a story about IC puking during practice way overboard.

HobnailedBoots said:

This is what Rusty Mansell said about the rumors of IC's conditioning:

I have heard the rumors about his work ethic and what kind of shape he showed up in Athens in the first of the Summer. I have seen this young man work out and I have seen him play. He will be in shape when the time comes, I can assure you of that.

That's all I need to hear.

So, essentially Mansell ISN'T contradicting the rumors at all; he is, in fact basically confirming them; but says IC is working hard enough that "he WILL be in shape" by the time he needs to be.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

JoeGator said:

It's a bajillion degrees out.
If he wasn't puking, he wasn't trying.

Exactly. Crowell pukes in his first workout with the team, and now all of the sudden he has a work ethic problem and showed up to camp out of shape.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

GatorUnvrsty said:

So, essentially Mansell ISN'T contradicting the rumors at all; he is, in fact basically confirming them; but says IC is working hard enough that "he WILL be in shape" by the time he needs to be.

He's saying that concerns about what shape he is in are stupid.

JFC, don't you have any other idiotic rumors to be concerning yourself with?

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I dont get Mathews or Belue. There was a time when you just kept your mouth shut about your school. It looks like they enjoy seeing their name in print since they're washed up. Bob Baumhower did just about the same thing to us when Shula got fired but when Saban got hired he shut his pie hole. ( and what a big pie hole he has now but thats for another time)
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
My head hurts. Seven more weeks.... I don't know if I'll make it.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Exactly. Crowell pukes in his first workout with the team, and now all of the sudden he has a work ethic problem and showed up to camp out of shape.

Lattimore was a freak.
99.9% of freshman will show up to camp out of shape, and Crowell is one of them apparently.
This is big-time D1 football. You're not working out like you would in high schoool.

HobnailedBoots said:

My head hurts. Seven more weeks.... I don't know if I'll make it.

You definitely won't make it through the season if you're expecting 9-3 haha.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

This is horse-shit, GU. Name one. Anybody on the dawgvent can say "so and so told me..." but it's hearsay.

The ONLY quote out there that even remotely resembles what you're talking about was a quote by Christian Robinson where he made a joking comment, when asked, that they had worked IC pretty good his first time out.

This is classic dawgvent rumor-mongering, and it's why I don't subscribe to that site anymore.

I don't know anything about DawgVent; I read these reports from somebody who has been in attendance at the UGA informal off-season workouts, and is keeping Dawg fans updated on Scout:

Report #1:
"The core lifts were Close grip inclines and leg presses. Wednesday. is conditioning only and back to the weightromm on Thursday and friday. This is different than under DVH. Under Van they would work 4 straight days and have friday off.The most obvious leader in the weightroom is Christian Robinson. Bruce Figgins came in great shape. The most impressive of the new players is clearly John Jenkins. He is very strong and is in great shape. He will be the first new player moved to the veterans workouts. Crowell continues to struggle and was the only player who couldn't finish tuesday. He threw up more than once."

Report #2:
"The players were on their own during Maymester. Workouts under S&C began Monday. The new freshman lift in the morning and the veterans in the afernoon. The core lifts monday were bench press and squats. They had to get 30 reps at 70% of their max. The S&C staff has been overhauled and has a lot of ex-Bulldogs.Coach T got rid of three GA's and hired Tony Gilbert with that money. Joining him and Thomas Brown are Verron Haynes, Danell Ellerbee and Bruce Thornton. Keith, Rex and PJ are also still on the S&C staff. Isiah Crowell could not finish the lifting or the running and drew Coach T's rath. Ken Malcomb could not finish with the veterans."

Pretty convincing hearsay, don't you think... sure seems to have more than enough information to prove he was right there. I'm struggling to understand why a UGA fan/student/advocate or whatever he is, would make up all that stuff when it's pretty clear he's just trying to keep other Dawg fans updated on the progress of the various incoming recruits. Is the guy also lying when he's complimenting Robinson, Figgins, and Jenkins; or is it just the less flattering parts of the reports that are untrue?