DeVonte Holloman Arrested - Page 3 - South Carolina News - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

DeVonte Holloman Arrested

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

I never said he should be kicked off the team. I realize that we are all capable of making mistakes, but a DUI is a serious mistake that should result in more than a 1 game suspension. It's not legal to drive drunk no matter how old you are.

I really don't care. Hamburger is decent, but we have other Spurs that would make just as good of an impact.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

bmccall said:

I really don't care. Hamburger is decent, but we have other Spurs that would make just as good of an impact.

Eh????

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Run his ass off all summer, come in early/stay late, alcohol awareness program, community service, run his ass off some more, and let him play.
Posted Image

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Eh????

He's not exactly in the greatest shape of his life. Hence the name "Hamburger Holloman"

Like him

The Garnet King

The Garnet King
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jacobp said:

Run his ass off all summer, come in early/stay late, alcohol awareness program, community service, run his ass off some more, and let him play.

Don't worry.....our S&C coach will lay it to him. Fitz will make him regret it.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

The Clackster said:

Don't worry.....our S&C coach will lay it to him. Fitz will make him regret it.

Just like Garcia.

gatoraus

gatoraus

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Just like Garcia.

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=149844&t=o
Posted Image

The Garnet King

The Garnet King
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Just like Garcia.

Again, you should worry about your own team. UGA's arrests last year more than likely total ours in 2 years.

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Just like Garcia.

Being shape has never been his issue.  It's between the ears.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

I never said he should be kicked off the team. I realize that we are all capable of making mistakes, but a DUI is a serious mistake that should result in more than a 1 game suspension. It's not legal to drive drunk no matter how old you are.

You look Hard enough, you will always find it:

Pair suspended over alcohol-related charges

By CARTER STRICKLAND
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 01/20/08

Athens -- The first clear signal the offseason has begun for Georgia football has arrived: Two Bulldogs football players were arrested and jailed early Sunday morning.

This marks the third straight offseason a Georgia player has been arrested in January or February.

University of Georgia police arrested cornerback Donavon Baldwin, 21, for improper driving and driving under the influence at 3:05 a.m. Sunday.

Fullback Fred Munzenmaier, 19, was arrested 34 minutes later by university police for underage possession of alcohol and being a pedestrian walking in the roadway.

Both were booked into Athens-Clarke County Jail and later released on bond -- $750 for Munzenmaier and $2,000 for Baldwin.

Georgia coach Mark Richt has suspended each of the players for at least the opening game against Georgia Southern. They also will have to perform community service and be subject to the university's judicial review process.

"They know better, and I'm disappointed in both of them," said Richt in a released statement. "They will have to pay a price, but it's unfortunate the rest of the team will also have to suffer for their poor judgment."

Baldwin, a junior from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., played in eight games primarily as a special teams player. He is expected to be a backup cornerback in 2008.

Munzenmaier, a sophomore from Norcross, played in nine games in 2007. He is expected to be a backup fullback in 2008.

http://www.sectalk.c...ed-alcohol.html

There's only 1 response to that thread....guess who it is? And enjoy the reasoning of the post..... :lick:

Here's more:

Pair Of Bulldogs Suspended For 2008 Season Opener

ATHENS, Ga. --- University of Georgia redshirt sophomore defensive back Donavon Baldwin and redshirt freshman fullback Fred Munzenmaier have been issued a minimum one game suspension by Bulldog head coach Mark Richt for separate alcohol-related incidents over the weekend.

Both will miss the season opener against Georgia Southern on August 30th and also have been assigned community service and internal discipline according to Richt.

“They know better, and I’m disappointed in both of them,” said Richt. “They will have to pay a price, but it’s unfortunate the rest of the team will also have to suffer for their poor judgment.”

In 2007, Baldwin appeared in eight games with no tackles while Munzenmaier played in 10 games with one rushing attempt for six yards.

Pair Of Bulldogs Suspended For 2008 Season Opener - The University of Georgia Bulldogs

Of course Baldwin never played the 2008 season, because he got kicked off the team. But this was only as a result of him getting arrested a 2nd time that same off-season, this time for being involved in a bar-room fight with several other UGA players in July-August. It was in addition to the earlier DUI:

University of Georgia (UGA) Sports*| ajc.com

Mark Richt dismisses 2 UGA players
By CHIP TOWERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Athens — Two Georgia football players have been dismissed from the team, coach Mark Richt confirmed Wednesday.

Donavon Baldwin, a junior safety, and Walter Hill, a redshirt freshman wide receiver, are no longer with the Bulldogs. Baldwin’s departure was the result of a mutual agreement between him and Richt after the two met recently to discuss his situation. Hill was kicked off because “he didn’t live up to the standards of doing things the Georgia way,” Richt said.

Baldwin was injured in a barroom brawl two days before the opening of preseason camp. He was already suspended for the first game of the season after being convicted of a January DUI. In response to the brawl, Richt changed Baldwin’s status to indefinitely suspended. He had not practiced with the team since.

“Baldwin and I have talked, and we thought it’d be in his best interest to finish [his career] somewhere else,” Richt said. “Let’s just say he has a better chance of graduating somewhere other than Georgia right now. I hope that’s not intruding on his student rights.”

Hill, who chose football over basketball at Georgia, suffered a broken hand during preseason practices and injured a foot in recent weeks. But neither the injuries nor his indecision over basketball or football were a factor in the decision, according to Richt. The 6-foot-5 Hill was rated the 12th-best basketball prospect in Georgia, according to Rivals.com and originally committed to Bulldogs coach Dennis Felton.

“[Basketball] was not a factor,” Richt said. “I think he’s going to continue on [in football] elsewhere.”

That's Saint Richt for you....amazing how in a certain light, he and ole' Evil Stevil look exactly the same.....

:lick::rolleyes:

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yea, I think Spurrier's track record on discipline has been clearly above the average.  People can point to his handling of Stephen Garcia all they want to try and paint his record in a different light but anyone with any common sense would be able to see that very minor transgressions will result in commensurate punishments.  Five very minor offenses, five equal-to-the-offense suspensions...not sure why that's so hard for some to digest.  

Spurrier will gather all the facts he needs to make an informed decision, he'll let the legal system run its course and he will then hand down his punishment for Holloman as it relates to the USC football team.  Spurrier has absolutely earned my trust when it comes to discipline to the point I will be OK with whatever punishment he hands down to Devonte.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
That's some nice sleuthing, lacene... however you left out one important fact. Munzenmaier's suspension was ultimately upped to two games. Baldwin's likely would have been as well had he not made the decision easier by getting kicked off the team for getting into a fight. If anything your post shows Richt has been tougher on discipline, as Baldwin was shown the door after only two incidents.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

however you left out one important fact. Munzenmaier's suspension was ultimately upped to two games.

ouch...thats big time punishment there

Like him

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:

bmccall said:

ouch...thats big time punishment there

For underage drinking? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty tough.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

For underage drinking? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty tough.

SO for drinking of age, you request we give more than one game? And Garcia should never come back?

Your theory only makes sense to you I'm afraid

Like him