DeVonte Holloman Arrested - Page 2 - South Carolina News - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

DeVonte Holloman Arrested

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#16
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,727
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0

The Clackster said:

LOL...I've heard it all now. Who made that rule? Automatic 2 game suspension huh? I know you are hoping but come on.


I'm sure Holloman will be all torn up about not being able to play against ECU. That will just eat away at him.

#17
The Garnet King

The Garnet King
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,306
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    126
I'm still waiting on the answer to my question....who made the rule that it is an automatic 2 game suspension?

#18
TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

    I'm Kind of a Big Deal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,332
  • Joined:
    Jun 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,024
For a DUI I'm almost temped to say boot him.  I don't care how great of a player they are.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

  

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.


Posted Image


#19
The Garnet King

The Garnet King
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,306
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    126

TrueGCFan said:

For a DUI I'm almost temped to say boot him.  I don't care how great of a player they are.

They aren't going to boot him especially since he has never been in trouble.

#20
TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

    I'm Kind of a Big Deal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,332
  • Joined:
    Jun 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,024

The Clackster said:

They aren't going to boot him especially since he has never been in trouble.

I don't think they will either.  I just have a personal history about how bad a DUI can be to a family.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

  

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.


Posted Image


#21
The Garnet King

The Garnet King
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,306
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    126

TrueGCFan said:

I don't think they will either.  I just have a personal history about how bad a DUI can be to a family.

Understandable but these coaches also have an obligation to develop these kids into men. If he had been in any other trouble before this then he would be gone.

#22
ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

    Your Ad Here

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,357
  • Joined:
    Apr 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    628

HobnailedBoots said:

This is Spurrier we're talking about. You've got to kill someone to get more than 1 game. With the Georgia game in week 2, I doubt highly he gets two games, even though he should.

Boling gets arrested for DUI, and UGA fans are fine with only 1 game suspension......T. King gets arrested for underage drinking, and UGA fans are fine with only 1 game suspension.....W. Ealey hits and runs while driving on a suspended DL, and UGA fans are fine with only 1 game suspension. Now if Holloman gets less than 2 games, Spurrier is blind to team discipline?? Might've been been a more convincing argument had Spurrier not just got through kicking a highly regarded 4* CB off our team, when our secondary is going to be possibly hurting for CBs in 2012, and Hampton was looking to be one of our top guys.

Holloman was moved to Spur this off-season, and was expected to compete with Allen with that job. I was surprised to see some USC fans saying they were thinking that Holloman would take the starting spot from Allen: DeVonte is an outstanding athlete, and he is physically better suited for Spur or LB than SS, IMO (just like DeMario Jeffery is better suited for LB than Spur, IMO). But Antonio was one of our better players last season, and possibly the best performing DB (GIlmore is a good argument, but he got burned too many times for my liking). He had dbl-digit TFLs and good sack numbers too. Holloman would have to show that he's a natural fit for Spur IMO to take a lot of starts away from Allen this season, but we will see.....

#23
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,727
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0

ConwayGamecock said:

Boling gets arrested for DUI, and UGA fans are fine with only 1 game suspension......T. King gets arrested for underage drinking, and UGA fans are fine with only 1 game suspension.....W. Ealey hits and runs while driving on a suspended DL, and UGA fans are fine with only 1 game suspension. Now if Holloman gets less than 2 games, Spurrier is blind to team discipline?? Might've been been a more convincing argument had Spurrier not just got through kicking a highly regarded 4* CB off our team, when our secondary is going to be possibly hurting for CBs in 2012, and Hampton was looking to be one of our top guys.

First off, when he was charged with DUI in the Spring, Richt issued a 2 game suspension for Boling. However the charge was dropped to Reckless Driving, and Richt dropped it to 1 game accordingly.

As for T. King, no, I don't believe MIP is as serious an offense as DUI. As for Ealey, it's hit and run in the sense that he went out to the student parking deck outside the dorm, backed up out of his parking spot, hit a car, pulled back into his spot, and went back inside.

So no, I do not think either one of those are as serious as a DUI.

#24
ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

    Your Ad Here

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,357
  • Joined:
    Apr 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    628

HobnailedBoots said:

First off, when he was charged with DUI in the Spring, Richt issued a 2 game suspension for Boling. However the charge was dropped to Reckless Driving, and Richt dropped it to 1 game accordingly.

As for T. King, no, I don't believe MIP is as serious an offense as DUI. As for Ealey, it's hit and run in the sense that he went out to the student parking deck outside the dorm, backed up out of his parking spot, hit a car, pulled back into his spot, and went back inside.

So no, I do not think either one of those are as serious as a DUI.

Because he refused to take a breathalyzer test.....convenient.....

#25
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,956
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,300

ConwayGamecock said:

Because he refused to take a breathalyzer test.....convenient.....

You should never take the breathalyzer.
Posted Image

#26
TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

    I'm Kind of a Big Deal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,332
  • Joined:
    Jun 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,024

HFS said:

You should never take the breathalyzer.

Yeah if you've been drinking.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

  

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.


Posted Image


#27
wookcock

wookcock
  • Members
  • Posts:
    1
  • Joined:
    Jun 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    0

TrueGCFan said:

Yeah if you've been drinking.
Everyone knows not to blow no matter what. Unless youve not been drinking in the last 2 days. If he didn't blow it will be reduced to wreckless driving. As for the argument that a DUI should get someone kicked off, I got a DUI from a bad decision when I was 22. If I had been kicked out of school as a senior my life would have been ruined. I'm sure you have never driven after drinking... 25 years and under are still kids.

#28
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,663
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    11,857
Yeah....Spurrier didnt kick a ton of people completely off the team when he first got here, and a lot of those were players we were counting on. He didnt suspend Cory Boyd for an entire season when he was our only decent RB. He didnt kick Richardson off the team for fighting with his GF when our O-line was easily the weakest spot on our team. I could go on and on about players who've been suspended or kicked off the team completely. And yet here are UT and UGA fans talking about how lenient Spurrier is. If there are two schools in the league that Im sure have a past history of letting players get away with more than SC does its UT and UGA. And come on now....every summer UGA shoots up the Fulmer cup rankings and yet no one gets more than a one game suspension. But Im sure that has nothing to do with the fact that yall play us the 2nd game of the season. And now if Spurrier lets Holloman play against UGA he's supposed to be some big hypocrite. I'll let the staff handle it. If he ends up playing we'll win and if he doesnt we'll still win.
all your bases are belong to us

#29
JohnRambo

JohnRambo

    The Ice-Cream Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,446
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,132

HobnailedBoots said:

And we actually suspend, and dismiss those guys from the program, in many cases even when it's detrimental to the team.

I'm not trying to get into a moral high ground argument here. I'm simply pointing out that Spurrier will not suspend anybody for the Georgia game, no matter what they do.

So do we. Only when they screw up big time (you know, instead of just drinking because its legal when you're over 21..Garcia, Holloman) we never let them come back. Weslye Saunders for instance.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him


#30
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,727
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0

bmccall said:

So do we. Only when they screw up big time (you know, instead of just drinking because its legal when you're over 21..Garcia, Holloman) we never let them come back. Weslye Saunders for instance.

I never said he should be kicked off the team. I realize that we are all capable of making mistakes, but a DUI is a serious mistake that should result in more than a 1 game suspension. It's not legal to drive drunk no matter how old you are.