Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Obama's recent birth certificate tampered with?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OmahaBound said:

This is ridiculous on all sides. 95% of blacks didn't vote for Obama because he's black. If they had then I'm sure the 88% that voted for Kerry and the 90% that voted for Gore thought they were black too. Not only that, but the 12% boost in hispanic support for the Dems in 2008 was probably because they thought he was hispanic. The 2% boost in white support for the Dem in 2008 was probably just white guilt.

Pretending there were no blacks that voted for Obama cause he's black would be idiotic, but if anyone is suggesting a white Dem candidate wouldn't have likely finished with black vote in the low 90s in that political environment, well that would be just as farcical.

no one said that all 97% of the black vote did so because of race...just that the staggering number of 97% for an entire demographic speaks volumes as to the blatant racist motivation that anyone with an inch of common sense would be able to discern.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Dude said:

no one said that all 97% of the black vote did so because of race...just that the staggering number of 97% for an entire demographic speaks volumes as to the blatant racist motivation that anyone with an inch of common sense would be able to discern.

Was 90% voting Democrat not staggering enough for you when it was for Gore?   Was that racist motivation?   Or is it only the 7% difference (I keep seeing 95% but whatever) that's bothering you guys?   If all you're trying to prove is that some small percentage of blacks voted for Obama solely cause he's black well then we have the 'no shit' award wrapped up.   Similarly if Marco Rubio ever runs you'll see some Hispanics vote for him solely because he'd be the first Hispanic president.   Similarly there's a small percentage of whites who would never vote for a black president.   This is all, as you put it, common sense.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OmahaBound said:

Was 90% voting Democrat not staggering enough for you when it was for Gore?

Source?

Posted Image

Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

An AP-Ipsos poll in mid-September found 80% of black registered voters backing Kerry, while 7% supported Bush. Gore won 90% of the black vote four years ago, with Bush at 9%, according to exit polls.

That quote is from the following USA Today article.   The next link takes the exit polling from all the major networks and a couple other sources.   The last link takes its info from the NY Times polling.

USATODAY.com - Democrats hope power of pulpit helps turn out black vote for Kerry
Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2000 Presidential Election
http://www.iamsaam.o...s/BlackVote.pdf (Table on page 6 based on info from NY Times)

Despite that AP poll in Sept. 2004, Kerry ended up getting 88%.   I assume since you see Gore got 90% I don't need to go back and find those articles again too.
Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OmahaBound said:

That quote is from the following USA Today article. The next link takes the exit polling from all the major networks and a couple other sources. The last link takes its info from the NY Times polling.

USATODAY.com - Democrats hope power of pulpit helps turn out black vote for Kerry
Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2000 Presidential Election
http://www.iamsaam.o...s/BlackVote.pdf (Table on page 6 based on info from NY Times)

Despite that AP poll in Sept. 2004, Kerry ended up getting 88%. I assume since you see Gore got 90% I don't need to go back and find those articles again too.

well thanks...i did not know that. although, it definitely does not paint the black vote in any better light. instead, it portrays the black vote as being one gigantic voting block that simply casts their ballot in the direction of the party that has them fooled into thinking that they cannot make it on their own. you know what they say about the hand you hold...

Posted Image

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Dude said:

well thanks...i did not know that. although, it definitely does not paint the black vote in any better light. instead, it portrays the black vote as being one gigantic voting block that simply casts their ballot in the direction of the party that has them fooled into thinking that they cannot make it on their own. you know what they say about the hand you hold...

Actually, it shows that there was a difference of +10% for a black candidate of the same party, which is a HUGE swing, as these things go. It indicates that about 90% of blacks that didn't vote Democrat in the last election DID vote Democrat in 2008. So, yeah, I'd say those numbers say exactly what we thought they would.

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well if you look at the sources I gave, they list the vote at 95% for Obama so it's a 7 point swing, and a 5 point swing from the 2000 election when fear of terrorism wasn't the prevailing issue.   So if you want to pretend all those people voted just because he's black then I can't force you to believe otherwise.   But then you'd be ignoring the huge increase in voting for 18-29 year olds (who are always going to be more idealistic and hopeful of change) which helped Obama.    And you'd be ignoring the more moderate African Americans who like many independent thinkers were sick of what they felt the Bush administration represented and at a minimum wanted a change of path from that party.

But just like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, it's so much easier to blame everything on racism, right?

As I posted earlier the +12% Hispanic swing to the Dems must have been because they thought he was Hispanic.
Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OmahaBound said:

Well if you look at the sources I gave, they list the vote at 95% for Obama so it's a 7 point swing, and a 5 point swing from the 2000 election when fear of terrorism wasn't the prevailing issue. So if you want to pretend all those people voted just because he's black then I can't force you to believe otherwise. But then you'd be ignoring the huge increase in voting for 18-29 year olds (who are always going to be more idealistic and hopeful of change) which helped Obama. And you'd be ignoring the more moderate African Americans who like many independent thinkers were sick of what they felt the Bush administration represented and at a minimum wanted a change of path from that party.

But just like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, it's so much easier to blame everything on racism, right?

As I posted earlier the +12% Hispanic swing to the Dems must have been because they thought he was Hispanic.

if you read carefully- i acknowledged that it might not solely be based on race since you provided the numbers being 90% black for Gore...

let me ask you this- what other ethnic group votes overwhelmingly on party lines? 90, 95, 97% democrat? Are you kidding me? Sounds like there's a lot of ignorance if such disparity exists on ethnic lines.

Posted Image

Posted Image