Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Grad School Advice

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm finally doing something that has been a goal for me since I finished college in '07. I'm starting my Teaching Masters at Coastal Carolina in 2 weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I know some of our posters are in/have finished grad school so I figured I'd ask for any advice you may have.

Thanks
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm finishing up right now.  You will have zero free time Sunday through Thursday.  I've had to study 30+ hours for a single test on multiple occasions plus long term papers and 20 plus minute presentations.  I've just viewed it as a challenge to were losing is not an option.  That's whats worked the best for me when studying long hours.  You just have to dig deep and do whatever it takes to get through.  A year or two is a small price to pay for future success and options that piece of paper will possibly supply.  It isn't easy but you will get through...but only if you are determined to do so.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Almost every class I had in grad school they graded on a curve. That sucked cause if everybody makes an A then the lowest A became an F. I needed something nobody else had. In the library there is a book called synopsis of disertations. Put it on reserve and keep it put on reserve. That way even a teacher can't get it out of the library. On subjects you think discussion questions will be asked go to that book and find something that was not mentioned in class or your book to add to your answer.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you don't mind me asking, what grad programs did you guys do? I'm going for my Masters in Teaching (High school Social Studies) and I'm wondering what to really expect. From what I understand, a Teaching Masters is tough, but not nearly the ball buster that some programs and MBA's can be
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Accounting/tax

MCD

MCD

His initials are Boyd Crowder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm just finishing up undergrad, but from what people have told me, grad school is a rigorous task.  Most schools won't even accept you unless you have 2+ work experience.  If what GR says is true about exams and presentations, I'll be fine.  I'm a natural test taker and breeze through presentations.  Don't doubt yourself and just go with it.  More than likely, you'll be in classes with people more experienced than you so take advantage and learn from them.  Good luck buddy.
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Listen carefully to bbqit because he is an Oxford grad.

NextYearIsHere said:

If you don't mind me asking, what grad programs did you guys do? I'm going for my Masters in Teaching (High school Social Studies) and I'm wondering what to really expect. From what I understand, a Teaching Masters is tough, but not nearly the ball buster that some programs and MBA's can be

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah