Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Louisiana House votes mandatory drug test for Welfare recipients

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Some of you are so full of crap. You whine and bemoan the Federal Government overreaching all the time, yet this is ok because it only effects people not named you.

This wouldn't be necessary if the government didn't create the welfare state that we're in. I would prefer it if we scrapped welfare all together but this is a reasonable solution for the time being. Sure, it may be inconvenient for the people on welfare but so is the burden they put on the working part of society's shoulders.
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

Tator

Tator

Optimistically Disappointed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NYIH/Zartan, do you want your taxes going to corporations without anyone checking to make sure that they aren't using it for illegal purposes? I sure as hell do.

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't care if they do drugs.  I do care if they buy, leverage, barter, or swap welfare to support their illegal habit.  If you want to do drugs, buy your own drugs with a job, keep your job, don't hurt others, and imo you're fine.  We shouldn't imprison pot smokers or growers for personal use.  But we shouldn't subsidize it with tax money from people that don't agree with it.  How is that a bad idea?

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tator said:

NYIH/Zartan, do you want your taxes going to corporations without anyone checking to make sure that they aren't using it for illegal purposes? I sure as hell do.

I don't want corporations doing illegal things with my money, true. I don't want welfare checks going towards illegal things either. HOWEVER, that's not what I'm taking about.

I'm talking about setting a legal precedent that says one has to trade in certain rights to receive aid from the government. That is the problem. One should not have to choose whether to receive aid or give up his civil liberties.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

NextYearIsHere said:

I don't want corporations doing illegal things with my money, true. I don't want welfare checks going towards illegal things either. HOWEVER, that's not what I'm taking about.

I'm talking about setting a legal precedent that says one has to trade in certain rights to receive aid from the government. That is the problem. One should not have to choose whether to receive aid or give up his civil liberties.

precedent?  where have you been for the last 30 years?  I got pissed regularly while in the Army and once while a regional manager for a telemarketing firm but since Ive worked for myself.............dude, quit trying desperately to make your argument sound legit
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image