Louisiana House votes mandatory drug test for Welfare recipients - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Louisiana House votes mandatory drug test for Welfare recipients

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

ElephanTideis

ElephanTideis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

It's about civil liberties. It's about presuming a person to be innocence and not guilty. You start demanding that people piss in a cup without having a shred of proof that says they did something wrong and you're starting on a very slippery slope.

Most of you hate welfare because you believe people stay on it forever and never try to get off of it, yes? Well, do you really think this will help that? This doesn't help the big picture. It just helps people not on welfare feel better about it.
Feel better about what? That the people of Louisiana won't be paying for someone to eat while they use their own money to get high? That does make me feel better.

Edited by ElephanTideis, 19 May 2011 - 05:00 AM.

azamugg

azamugg

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

NextYearIsHere said:

It's about civil liberties. It's about presuming a person to be innocence and not guilty. You start demanding that people piss in a cup without having a shred of proof that says they did something wrong and you're starting on a very slippery slope.

Most of you hate welfare because you believe people stay on it forever and never try to get off of it, yes? Well, do you really think this will help that? This doesn't help the big picture. It just helps people not on welfare feel better about it.

you mean like employers do?  man, you win the award
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

LSU PRIDE

LSU PRIDE

Baton Rouge State of Mind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

it should help in the fact that people who really need it will get clean and be able to get a job
if they need/want it bad enuff they will clean they act up

but sad to say its so easy to pass a piss test now a days u can even buy fake urine that is clean
plus the countless amount of products u can drink and it covers up your system

Posted Image

#1 LSU

(12-0, 8-0 SEC)

next vs UGA

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

ElephanTideis said:

You're making this a race issue and it isn't one.

i didn't mention "the projects". that was nova.

"project" man wants government money: "let's deny it, or at the very least make it so restrictive and embarrassing that no-one will want it!"

CEO wants government money: "where do i sign? are you sure you have enough? we could always squeeze the teachers and firefighters for more. oh heavens no, we wouldn't dare ask what you're going to do with it...."
Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't care if they are white, black, Hispanic or from the dark side of the moon. if they want government money they need to be drug tested. Period. As Aza pointed out, in exchange for my employer giving me a paycheck every two weeks, I agree to give them the right to test me for drugs whenever they wish. Why should it be any different for those on welfare?

As for "civil liberties", since when did anyone have the freaking right to have the government support them? Please point out anything that can support the notion there is some sort of civil right to have the government support you or your family.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

It is setting a dangerous precedent. While I don't hate it and like the spirit of the law, where does it end? Should we drug test kids getting scholarships and government loans? What about all college kids going to public schools? Cause a lot of those kids aren't minorities, so some might cry racism. What about people catching an unemployment check? What about people getting kind of tax credits? What about state and federal employees? Where does it end?

Welfare reform is needed, but this isn't it. This is a law that makes White People feel better while not addressing the real problem. I doubt it even catches a sizable amount of folks

HobnailedBoots said:

Yes to all.

It tears me up inside, but I'm co-signing with HNB.
Yes to all.

I could understand why drug abusers on welfare would be against this, but anyone else who is against it has more serious issues.

Tator

Tator

Optimistically Disappointed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NYIH, Can you point out which of my civil liberties my employer violated when they mandated that I take AND pass a drug screening when I hired on? Also which of my civil liberties are they violating by requiring that I submit and pass a drug screening at any point during my employment?

If you do little more than collect a government freebie, live in low to no cost government housing, and generally exist as a leech to society, then you have given up your right to bitch about what is required of you so that you can continue enjoying the forced charity provided by the working class.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What amazes me is that libs cannot see what the whole welfare state has done to black families. Look at the stats from before the 60's and you will see that something like 95% off all black children lived in a two parent household. Sure most were poor, but hell, most white people were poor then as well. Now I think the number is somewhere around 75% to 80% of all black children are in a single parent household. What the welfare state did more than anything is totally destroy the black family. The rampant drug use, violence, gangs, and the long list of other problems that have plagued the black community are all caused by the destruction of the black family. It's not like guns, gangs and drugs were all invented in the late 60's. Those things were around a long time before they became such a crushing burden on the black community. The difference though was that a family with a mother and a father raising their children together was much better at keeping their kids away from these things. Take away the mother and father team and what you get is what we see in projects and ghettos all across the country.

And what we've seen in the black community is not any different than white families or any other ethic group for that matter. The race does not matter, you destroy the family by replacing the dad with a government check and the results are always the same.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As said already only people on drugs have a problem with this..thread/
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Tator said:

Everyone who is angered by this bill is on welfare and a drug user.

Not true.  I am against Louisiana passing this bill unless it becomes federal law.  If not then all neighboring states will again experience the 'Katrina' effect where all the dregs of society from your state end up moving to our states and bringing along their crime, drug use, and entitlement issues.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

razorhead said:

Not true.  I am against Louisiana passing this bill unless it becomes federal law.  If not then all neighboring states will again experience the 'Katrina' effect where all the dregs of society from your state end up moving to our states and bringing along their crime, drug use, and entitlement issues.

Shit.... the refugees that came to Atlanta after Katrina haven't left.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I remember hearing how the crime rate in Houston totally exploded right after Katrina. Just another example of how having generations of people totally dependent on government money is a bad idea.
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It rose pretty much everywhere they shipped Katrina "victims", NW Arkansas included
Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

It is setting a dangerous precedent. While I don't hate it and like the spirit of the law, where does it end? Should we drug test kids getting scholarships and government loans? What about all college kids going to public schools? Cause a lot of those kids aren't minorities, so some might cry racism. What about people catching an unemployment check? What about people getting kind of tax credits? What about state and federal employees? Where does it end?

Hell yes to what is bolded.  You ask the question 'where does it end'?  It ends with the legalization of marijuana.  If that drug isn't good enough for you then you don't deserve a job, scholarship, tax credit, unemployment check, welfare, etc.

All states neighboring Louisiana should treat those people trying to cross the border like we should treat Hatiian refugees.  Either turn the boat around or sink it.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Vader said:

What amazes me is that libs cannot see what the whole welfare state has done to black families. Look at the stats from before the 60's and you will see that something like 95% off all black children lived in a two parent household. Sure most were poor, but hell, most white people were poor then as well. Now I think the number is somewhere around 75% to 80% of all black children are in a single parent household. What the welfare state did more than anything is totally destroy the black family. The rampant drug use, violence, gangs, and the long list of other problems that have plagued the black community are all caused by the destruction of the black family. It's not like guns, gangs and drugs were all invented in the late 60's. Those things were around a long time before they became such a crushing burden on the black community. The difference though was that a family with a mother and a father raising their children together was much better at keeping their kids away from these things. Take away the mother and father team and what you get is what we see in projects and ghettos all across the country.

And what we've seen in the black community is not any different than white families or any other ethic group for that matter. The race does not matter, you destroy the family by replacing the dad with a government check and the results are always the same.

hi Geaux!
Posted Image