Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Louisiana House votes mandatory drug test for Welfare recipients

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TrueGCFan said:

Here is a prime example of government welfare run amuck:

$2M Michigan lottery winner defends use of food stamps - Yahoo! News

I guess 2 million dollars ain't enough money to buy pride.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

zartan said:

i don't like welfare abuse either but do you realize how you sound?

Like an Angry American??

[video=youtube;ruNrdmjcNTc][/video]

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bravo to Louisiana for doing this... it should already be law in all 50 states. Can't tell you how many welfare recipients I deal with on a daily basis who are abusing the system.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

zartan said:

I sound like a guy who pretty regularly passes by the housing projects only to see fairly new Cadillacs, Lexus's and Mercedes parked out front.  There's not all that many professions that provide enough under the table income for that kind of hardware.  Dealing and hooking are about it....

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HobnailedBoots said:

Bravo to Louisiana for doing this... it should already be law in all 50 states. Can't tell you how many welfare recipients I deal with on a daily basis who are abusing the system.

Out of curiosity what do you do?

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

rebelfan91 said:

Out of curiosity what do you do?

Short term, high risk loans.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 18 May 2011 - 08:57 PM.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

zartan said:

I know you are trying to say he sounds racist. Only problem with that is what he said is totally true. I've seen it myself. Cars worth $50,000+ sitting in the projects or in front of a house worth half the car's value.

Another thing I see all the time is illegal aliens at Wal Mart dividing their items into two stacks when they check out. One stack is food which is paid for with the govt. Debit card, the other stack is clothes, electronins and a other items. When it comes time to pay for thes items, out comes a wad od $20's about the same thickness as a coke can. And that's not something that I've only seen once or twice. It's something I see virtually everytime I'm in there.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Geaux Louisiana. Now maybe the rest of the US picks up on this.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

ABANDON ALL HOPE UNTIL BASEBALL SEASON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

nova said:

Don't know about take but probably deal.  Its mighty odd to drive by the projects and see better cars than what I drive parked out front....
Speaking of:
[video=youtube;hq-hx73or30][/video]

Ole Miss Rebels  8-3  (4-3)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

FIRE MATT LUKE!!!!

Never remember the 22nd of November,

the day Ole Miss football flopped.
The rest of the season still gives good reason
but yesterday should always be forgot.

^ (Credit to "Dr. Jekyll from RCR)

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It is setting a dangerous precedent. While I don't hate it and like the spirit of the law, where does it end? Should we drug test kids getting scholarships and government loans? What about all college kids going to public schools? Cause a lot of those kids aren't minorities, so some might cry racism. What about people catching an unemployment check? What about people getting kind of tax credits? What about state and federal employees? Where does it end?

Welfare reform is needed, but this isn't it. This is a law that makes White People feel better while not addressing the real problem. I doubt it even catches a sizable amount of folks
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

It is setting a dangerous precedent. While I don't hate it and like the spirit of the law, where does it end? Should we drug test kids getting scholarships and government loans? What about all college kids going to public schools? Cause a lot of those kids aren't minorities, so some might cry racism. What about people catching an unemployment check? What about people getting kind of tax credits? What about state and federal employees?

Yes to all.

Welfare reform is needed, but this isn't it. This is a law that makes White People feel better while not addressing the real problem. I doubt it even catches a sizable amount of folks

Where do you come up with this shit?

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

ABANDON ALL HOPE UNTIL BASEBALL SEASON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

I fail to see what laws about mandating drug testing has to do with Caucasions. (?)
Drugs are taken by all races.

If you are going to be on the public dime, sacrifice your drug use. Otherwise, you shouldn't get it.

Ole Miss Rebels  8-3  (4-3)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

FIRE MATT LUKE!!!!

Never remember the 22nd of November,

the day Ole Miss football flopped.
The rest of the season still gives good reason
but yesterday should always be forgot.

^ (Credit to "Dr. Jekyll from RCR)

Posted Image

LSU PRIDE

LSU PRIDE

Baton Rouge State of Mind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
shit now ima have to stop gettin my check ...or doing my drugs ...damn choices choices...

haha not really im glad they passed this im sure there will be alotta pissed off people..cuz im sure

most of the people on welfare atleast smoke weed

Posted Image

#1 LSU

(12-0, 8-0 SEC)

next vs UGA

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's about civil liberties. It's about presuming a person to be innocence and not guilty. You start demanding that people piss in a cup without having a shred of proof that says they did something wrong and you're starting on a very slippery slope.

Most of you hate welfare because you believe people stay on it forever and never try to get off of it, yes? Well, do you really think this will help that? This doesn't help the big picture. It just helps people not on welfare feel better about it.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

ElephanTideis

ElephanTideis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

NextYearIsHere said:

It is setting a dangerous precedent. While I don't hate it and like the spirit of the law, where does it end? Should we drug test kids getting scholarships and government loans? What about all college kids going to public schools? Cause a lot of those kids aren't minorities, so some might cry racism. What about people catching an unemployment check? What about people getting kind of tax credits? What about state and federal employees? Where does it end?

You're making this a race issue and it isn't one.