Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Nathan Stanley officially leaves Ole Miss

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jacobp said:

So the guy that won the starting job before Masoli transferred in couldn't handle the offense? QB Killa, sounds about right.

Dude, don't even waste your time. Someone will be along to explain everything away and correct you shortly.
Posted Image

carl winslow

carl winslow
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jacobp said:

So the guy that won the starting job before Masoli transferred in couldn't handle the offense? QB Killa, sounds about right.

Hard to kill a QB that doesn't have SEC talent.  I would have love to seen your posts when Matt Jones was there. You would have considered Nutt a QB creator.  

Just hard for you to get past Mitch Mustain, and look at his character issues lately.  Snead was considered a nobody and then Nutt got there. Wallace left and now it is Nutt's fault.  Think through your comments.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Matt Jones got by on freakish athletic ability.  He was far from a polished QB.  And during his time at Arkansas Nutt tried everything he could to have him split time with other QB's...It wasn't until his senior year he wasn't sharing snaps at least part of the season.

Not sure where Mitch Mustain fits into all this, except it was Nutt that ran him, Williams, AND Malzahn off.  Snead regressed badly from one season to the next.  Aside from Matt Jones, who like I said was an anomaly, Nutt has coached in the SEC for 13 seasons now and has yet to recruit, sign, and keep a quarterback worth a damn.
Posted Image

carl winslow

carl winslow
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jacobp said:

Matt Jones got by on freakish athletic ability.  He was far from a polished QB.  And during his time at Arkansas Nutt tried everything he could to have him split time with other QB's...It wasn't until his senior year he wasn't sharing snaps at least part of the season.

Not sure where Mitch Mustain fits into all this, except it was Nutt that ran him, Williams, AND Malzahn off.  Snead regressed badly from one season to the next.  Aside from Matt Jones, who like I said was an anomaly, Nutt has coached in the SEC for 13 seasons now and has yet to recruit, sign, and keep a quarterback worth a damn.

I am actually going to agree with you.  The part Nutt lacks is recruiting a QB which will always be hard with a run first mentality.

I wouldn't call him a QB Killer. More of his offense not allowing for a QB to succeed. We all know Nutt had a hard time keeping quarterbacks, but its not because of his lack of being able to coach them.  It is more of his wanting to coach the RBs and focus his offense around them.  It is hard to recruit a great throwing QB when you have a run first mentality and everyone knows it.

I will say I do agree that we do not need a prototypical QB.  We can't win with it.  We can't expect to line up against Alabama, LSU, etc. with the same style of football that they play and expect to win. We have to think outside the box.  We cannot recruit the talent the other SEC teams do simply because of in state recruiting numbers with two schools.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Snead losing Wallace was key. Left tackle yes but Wallace can make any qb look good.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

bbqit said:

Snead losing Wallace was key. Left tackle yes but Wallace can make any qb look good.

I remember how losing Marcus Monk hurt our offense.We didn't have anyone step up and Hillis was the go to guy.We have very good depth now.

Looks like your team is trying to address that issue with this recruiting class.Maybe one of the pups can come in and make some noise.

How did your qbs look throwing yesterday?