Florida spring game bombs - Page 2 - Florida Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Countdown to Kickoff
813356
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread


Latest Topics


Latest News


Top High Fived

Top Bettors


Florida spring game bombs

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#16
leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

    UF Alum

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,575
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    189

GatorUnvrsty said:

Brantley should have a running game, too... and will probably need it. None of the injuries will keep the RB's out past the fall. Rainey has been the best player on the field all Spring, and has been playing primarily at RB. Demps will be back after T&F is over. Gillislee, Mack Brown, and Mike Blakely will all be ready in the next couple of months.

Yeah, I'm not worried about our running game at all. Especially after Murphy replaces Brantley in game 4. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks to TNCheckeredBoards for the sig!

#17
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,063
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,594
Aw man, I'm still pulling for Brantley!
He could be the hometown hero and it would be a real great feel-good story if he can even play decently.

#18
leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

    UF Alum

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,575
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    189

JoeGator said:

Aw man, I'm still pulling for Brantley!
He could be the hometown hero and it would be a real great feel-good story if he can even play decently.

I am too. Just having a lil fun.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks to TNCheckeredBoards for the sig!

#19
GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,718
  • Joined:
    Sep 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    774
I can't imagine Brantley at QB this Fall...he's always been good in practice...he's always been good in mop-up duty...but when the game is on his shoulders...when there's actually a crowd watching, Brantley is horrible...he's a Senior...he's not going to "all the sudden" grow a pair and become the QB we need him to be.  He's a Senior...why waste a season on a player that ain't gonna be here next season...get Driskell or one of the others ready for 2012.

I'm no "negative nelly"...but I just don't see how we can be successful with Brantley behind center.

#20
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    35,763
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

JoeGator said:

Aw man, I'm still pulling for Brantley!
He could be the hometown hero and it would be a real great feel-good story if he can even play decently.


John Brantley is Florida's equivalent of Joe Tereshinski III.

#21
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,891
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,917
Where the H is Fatdaddy?

#22
Gator2753

Gator2753

    Going HAM since 2006

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,202
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    357

HobnailedBoots said:

John Brantley is Florida's equivalent of Joe Tereshinski III.

This...

#23
TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

    Na-Nu Na-Nu

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,641
  • Joined:
    Jun 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,243

HobnailedBoots said:

John Brantley is Florida's equivalent of Joe Tereshinski III.

The difference is Brantley has had a lot more hype.  A lot of people expected him to step into to Tebow's shoes and continue UF's run.  Who would have guessed he had trouble making a 15 yard pass.

I know the oline struggled last year for UF.  As a Gamecock fan I understand what that can do to a QB.  But Brantley's issues are a lot more than just the oline.  There were a number of games he had time to throw and just couldn't do it.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

  

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.


Posted Image


#24
leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

    UF Alum

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,575
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    189

GatorHunter said:

I can't imagine Brantley at QB this Fall...he's always been good in practice...he's always been good in mop-up duty...but when the game is on his shoulders...when there's actually a crowd watching, Brantley is horrible...he's a Senior...he's not going to "all the sudden" grow a pair and become the QB we need him to be.  He's a Senior...why waste a season on a player that ain't gonna be here next season...get Driskell or one of the others ready for 2012.

I'm no "negative nelly"...but I just don't see how we can be successful with Brantley behind center.

Murphy will probably see the field before Driskell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks to TNCheckeredBoards for the sig!

#25
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,891
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,917
You guys not playing 5 different QBs this year?

#26
gatoraus

gatoraus

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,169
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    756

GatorHater24 said:

You guys not playing 5 different QBs this year?

Had to laugh at that haha
Posted Image

#27
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,209
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,262
I'll wait until I see what a new offense and new offensive coordinator can do for him before I call him a lost cause. He's got a lot to prove, and plenty of talent waiting in the wings... so he has ample motivation.
Posted Image

#28
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,891
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,917

GatorUnvrsty said:

I'll wait until I see what a new offense and new offensive coordinator can do for him before I call him a lost cause. He's got a lot to prove, and plenty of talent waiting in the wings... so he has ample motivation.

You guys are still a little thin at receiver too right? Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe you aren't, haven't kept up

#29
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,209
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,262

GatorHater24 said:

You guys are still a little thin at receiver too right? Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe you aren't, haven't kept up

We're not really thin at the position, but more unproven. All the WR's are talented, and quite a few have experience and catches; but they're just now determining who is going to step up and try to be the man... or men. The depth chart should look like this:

Name - Ht/Wt - Class - 2010 Receiving Stats rec-yds-TD

Wide Receiver (X)
Quinton Dunbar - 6' 1" 170 - SO
Stephen Alli - 6' 6" 220 - RSO - 3-17-0

Wide Receiver (Z)
Frankie Hammond, Jr. - 6' 1" 176 - JR - 22-276-2
Omarius Hines - 6' 2" 211 - JR - 20-281-1
Andre Debose - 5' 11" 180 - RSO - 10-96-0

3rd Wide Receiver
Deonte Thompson - 6' 0" 200 - SR - 38-570-1
Solomon Patton - 5' 9" 175 - SO - 4-27-0
Robert Clark - 5' 9" 175 - SO - 7-69-1

Tight End
Jordan Reed - 6' 3" 237 - RSO - 6-79-1
A.C. Leonard - 6' 4" 245 - FR

Backfield - (RB Rainey will get time at WR and FB Burton will get time at TE)
Chris Rainey - 5' 9" 175 - SR - 25-216-3
Trey Burton - 6' 2" 222 - SO - 32-210-1
Posted Image

#30
leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

    UF Alum

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,575
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    189

GatorUnvrsty said:

We're not really thin at the position, but more unproven. All the WR's are talented, and quite a few have experience and catches; but they're just now determining who is going to step up and try to be the man... or men. The depth chart should look like this:

Name - Ht/Wt - Class - 2010 Receiving Stats rec-yds-TD

Wide Receiver (X)
Quinton Dunbar - 6' 1" 170 - SO
Stephen Alli - 6' 6" 220 - RSO - 3-17-0

Wide Receiver (Z)
Frankie Hammond, Jr. - 6' 1" 176 - JR - 22-276-2
Omarius Hines - 6' 2" 211 - JR - 20-281-1
Andre Debose - 5' 11" 180 - RSO - 10-96-0

3rd Wide Receiver
Deonte Thompson - 6' 0" 200 - SR - 38-570-1
Solomon Patton - 5' 9" 175 - SO - 4-27-0
Robert Clark - 5' 9" 175 - SO - 7-69-1
Javares McRoy - 5' 9" 159 - FR

Tight End
Jordan Reed - 6' 3" 237 - RSO - 6-79-1
A.C. Leonard - 6' 4" 245 - FR

Backfield - (RB Rainey will get time at WR and FB Burton will get time at TE)
Chris Rainey - 5' 9" 175 - SR - 25-216-3
Trey Burton - 6' 2" 222 - SO - 32-210-1

Patton's gonna get more PT than Clark this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks to TNCheckeredBoards for the sig!